EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Lingz12

wa.. felicity.. level 7 or 8? How do u tahan that? Ok la, maybe cos u use higher level so 15min finish pumping oredi.. But then, like u said, it will result in super sore nipples lor..

im now in a dilemma between expressing and latching oso lor.. i tink wen CL leaves, mayb i will try 100% latching.. then dun need wash and sterilise pumps and bottles.. so ma fan.. but then the prob with latching is she always snooze.. so she always wakes up crying for milk every 30min to an hr.. like tat will super shag leh.. but expressing milk, i hate the feeding part.. cos the milk keeps dribbling down her chin and onto her neck and rompers.. like so wasted.. breastmilk is valuable! haha.. dunno la.. see how it goes after CL goes off.. if i realli too tired then i will just do exclusive pumping.. =)

oh, i didnt use the teat that comes with the medela freestyle bundle.. issit the normal looking one? I bought another one, the medela calma cos they say support breastfeeding ma.. the first day we return from TMC, i let bb try it but she hates it.. waste my money lor.. =( So now i pump out and transfer to my avent bottles with avent teats.. so far so good except for the milk dribbling part.. I just changed to NUK teat with avent bottles this morning.. din see a lot of milk dribbling out.. will continue to observe.. and yeah, so far no nipple confusion *touch wood* =)

Angpq

Wow felicity, level 7 or 8, that's amazing! I increase one level, my nipple is like breaking. Was telling my hubby this is terrible, never know nipple can be this sore and before it recovers, another round coming. Even if the flow seems to stop, when i press, there's still milk. not sure why the pump can't exhaust all the milk.I have never expose my breast to so many ppl openly (hubby, mil, mother). Haha..

I find expressing milk more manageable than latching. At least I know within half an hour, done! Haha.. But, latching can take forever and the worse is within another 2 hours, she wants again. I really salute mother that can latch on ur child for hours!!

Was feeling rather emo this morning again. For a moment, thought it would be better if I can go back to work, though still love her so much. Anyway, I find myself less emo when doing a bit of housework, though my mil will scold me, esp mine is c-sect. feel so useless, if keep resting and thinking about breastfeeding only..
Hi, mine also c section. Sometime will feel useless also. As the wound takes longer time to recover. Luckily waited for more than 3 weeks and the wound is not painful anymore. Can start to help my mum do bit of housework.

purpur

How many times ur bb poo n pee per day.. do mummies keep track or as long as they gt poo n pee is ok does not count e num of times.. ??

Angpq

Hi purpur,

I do keep track on baby sleeping time, poo, feeding hour on fm and bf. my gal poo once a day, she is feeding on fm and bf. heard that the number of baby poo is depending on what u feed ur baby. If is bf will poo less.

felicity

She latch until now doesn't want to slp... Zzz I'm hungry...

I keep track feeding time only.. Somehow I keep telling myself to keep track of pee n poo but always nv write down ><

purpur

Angpq, icic cos my little boy can poo up to 4 times a day .. mostly on formula cos my breast milk supply kinda v low .. I only latch him 1 or 2 hr a day .. tts it ..

purpur

Felicity,

Really can feel for u , some more u latching for so long hrs .. u should weight urself these days i guess u lost a lot of kgs by nw due to bf ba. .. sometimes I even latch till doze off .. wan go toilet oso cannot . V shag . I lazy to pump oso cos total pump for half hr for 2 sides I get less then 20 ml :mad:

reiann

Thank you reiann. I also feel that pumping hurt my nipples. But I am so confusing, there is no more milk flowing out after pumping for 15min, but why baby can latch on more than 15min? Will the baby stop sucking if there is no milk? I am afraid Baby will keep in suck n suck but there is no milk, end up sucking air.
baby latch on longer than 15 mins prob because it knows to keep stimulating the nipple to produce more milk. the baby wouldn't suck air.. if it's latched on properly at the breast, there's no problem. but I find that I wouldn't allow my baby to latch on longer than 15mins. I'd swap breasts.. and then if still hungry.. which she is today.. I fed ebm.

snowkie

I find the pump hard to use. It's easier for me to latch on and saves the hassle of sterilizing so many things.
My boy has to be waken up to swap sides, but he'll still suckle as per normal and his poo & pees a lot. So I guess he's taking sufficient milk!
Does any of ur babies hiccup? What do u do?

Angpq

Angpq, icic cos my little boy can poo up to 4 times a day .. mostly on formula cos my breast milk supply kinda v low .. I only latch him 1 or 2 hr a day .. tts it ..
Mi too. I also latch her 1 to 2 hr a day. But poo one time per day.

purpur

Snowkie, my bb hipcups too .. jus wondering is it bcos he too full or stomach gt air .. normally I will latch him awhile n e hipcups will stop .. u may try ..

Angpq

Baby tends to poo and pee more is better or less is better?
Do mummies give your baby drink plain water after fb or fm?

snowkie

Hi purpur, did u give water? Some of my frens suggested giving little sips of water. But it'll go away on its own, just that it kinda irritates me to see him hiccup.
Hi angpq, I have no idea abt the exact amt of poo or pee which is good! As long as I see several wet diapers and soiled diapers I'm happy! Everytime I hear him poop I'm so happy

ahwang

Hi all mummies out there. So busy and tired that only had some time for this forum. Reading most of us have feeding problem and interval between latching and ebm. I'm the same case too! Thought I'm the only mummy out there like this. What bottle did you all use when feeding ebm? I'm using avent bottle with teat 1 for nb. But I realised baby latching for worse and confused between nipple and avent teat that is beginning not to even want latch on anymore. Doesn't ur baby gets confused? And I think they seems to not sucking at all when latching. As I can still pump out milk right after latching. And bb cry very loudly when want to drink almost cry till can't breathe. Mum said cry so much later stomaxh for wind. But bb can't wait for feeding and doesnt want to latch. I got to take ebm and warm up which takes abt 5min to do so. So every feeding bb cry badly for at least. 5 min.. any mum experience this?

purpur

Talking abt baby stomach gt wind.. do u mummies let ur bb slp in aircon Room or gif bb blow fan .. weather so hot ..blow too much fan scare e stomach gt wind . Aircon scare he catch cold .. :mad:

felicity

My bb hiccups too n I'll just leave it... Only irritating is when she hiccups while I was trying to make her slp, once she hiccups she can't slp until the hiccups go away.. She hiccups quite often, I guess it's normal. I never fed her any plain water b4.

She used to poo explosively many times a day but a little each time.. These two days she poo once a day n she just pooed.. Omg soooo much till all over her cloth diaper n her romper has some poo too! Just changed her diaper n romper..

I only bottle feed once a day now n using dr brown bottle. Yup.. When waiting for ebm to warm up she will wail madly n still can't help it, gotta wait :/ that's why nowadays my hubby say just make fm...

We use fan at home. I dun wan bb to get used to aircon like hubby's nephews. Literally no aircon cannot slp at all.

reiann

erm.. I use air conditioner at night, and in the day I turn on all fans on full blast. it's way too hot. and erm, I definitely don't believe in 'wind' from fan getting into the baby. but that's just me.

and as for pooping - breastmilk fed babies poop a lot in first few weeks! mine has been giving me easily 8 dirty diapers a day. and peeing quite a bit too. so all is well.

any moms here with lower milk production/supply around the 2 weeks+ mark? I find that my milk supply is not keeping up with her demand! :(

felicity

I feel like a full time milk cow looking at my notebook... Here's my "working hours" in the past 12 hrs ><

reiann I've recently read (I think on kellymom site) that when supply just kick in will hv abundance but will slowly adjust to be just nice, may not even feel engorge anymore. Anyway myself around week 3 also dipped drastically till I was super emo n distressed that time, which made it worse. I had papaya soup n it helped. Either that or psychologically I think it will help n feel better n thus not so stressed n that may help too :)

Attachments

Lingz12

Me! I think my milk is coming down! Super sad! And I'm still taking the supplement I bought at tmc.. Stopped one day cos dun wan to rely too much on supplement and volume dropped significantly.. Now diligently taking again but milk still nt as much as before.. Bb is 3 weeks old todae.. jus force myself to keep drinking red date tea and water.. but a silly question: will drinking a lot of water make breastmilk more dilute? Haha.. no idea where the nutrients come from.. shld I eat more too?

I din monitor frequency of bb poo and pee.. but she poo at least once a day so I'm happy.. mummies are so weird, we like to see bb poo..haha.. I like to smell my bb buttock oso.. to check whether she pooed and need a change of diapers not.. haha..

Ahwang, I used avent bottle with avent 0m+ teat.. onli changed to NUK teat this morning.. wen using avent teat, my bb dun realli have confusion.. but wen she is 1 wk+, she did fuss at the breast and have prob latching on.. lasted abt a week.. I jus keep changing her position until she latches lor.. in the meantime have to bear with her frustrated wails and screams.. she's better now.. jia you!