EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

reiann

yeah, I find that my supply was initially very good. like, breasts were engorged most of the time, and milk always leaked out. that was about a week ago. then about yesterday or two days ago it began to drop.. now my breasts actually feel soft sometimes. and my baby is waking up every 2 hours demanding to be fed, and not like before, when she could go for 3, 4 or even 5 hours between feeds!

felicity: yes I read too that supply will begin to drop to meet baby's demands. but now I'm worried it's dropping to below the level. jeez. I try to pump when I can and save whatever I have.. and good thing I did, cos today she wasn't happy after latching on, and I fed her from the bottle. now I regret throwing away ebm I had last week. I thought I wouldn't need it.. tossed two bottles worth away. argh!!

how do you moms store ebm? in the medela 5oz bottles?

by the way I'm drinking Traditional Medicine Organic Mothers milk tea. getting quite sick of it.. hm.

Angpq

Talking abt baby stomach gt wind.. do u mummies let ur bb slp in aircon Room or gif bb blow fan .. weather so hot ..blow too much fan scare e stomach gt wind . Aircon scare he catch cold .. :mad:
I never on air con for my gal. I do some research and it says if adult think the temperature is just nice, it means too cold for baby. That is why I do not dare to on air con. I only on fan and the fan is not facing mi n baby.

Angpq

My bb hiccups too n I'll just leave it... Only irritating is when she hiccups while I was trying to make her slp, once she hiccups she can't slp until the hiccups go away.. She hiccups quite often, I guess it's normal. I never fed her any plain water b4.

She used to poo explosively many times a day but a little each time.. These two days she poo once a day n she just pooed.. Omg soooo much till all over her cloth diaper n her romper has some poo too! Just changed her diaper n romper..

I only bottle feed once a day now n using dr brown bottle. Yup.. When waiting for ebm to warm up she will wail madly n still can't help it, gotta wait :/ that's why nowadays my hubby say just make fm...

We use fan at home. I dun wan bb to get used to aircon like hubby's nephews. Literally no aircon cannot slp at all.
Hi, my baby gal also poo once in a day and is too much also. Need to take some time clean her up. :(

Angpq

All mummies, I tried to bf my baby just now on both breasts for 1 hour. I think there is no more milk after 1 hour of feeding as my baby wails even I insert my nipple into her mouth. I have no choice then make fm for her to drink and she fall asleep after fm.

Rodorsany

Wah... Halfa day so much post...

My girl poo 1~2 times explosive enuff to hit my leg... I guess its ok.. Coz i only partial bf.. My supply dropped like nv up... Haiz now taking supplement..

My girl does hiccup i will give abit of water as i bth her hiccup so long like felicity esp if she's falling asleep

Btw my hb's grandma came fm m'sia.. Happy.. Coz she's into bf!!! But she comment y my ebm looks very dilute... I seriously suspect my pump only pumps out foremilk n not hind coz after 7~8 hardly any more milk.. If after latching i gently press my boobs, e milk is white..

My nipples are so sore when pump... I try to pump every 3 hrs le supply also no increase feel demoralised...

Haha i heard mil tell grandma if bf e mother (ie me) very diff to recuperate... But i dun mind really just for bb....

erlina040

Do ur burp ur baby after each feeding, ESP on fm. Find if difficult to burp her, coz she will always fall asleep after drinking. But think never burp can really lead to wind in tummy as she shitted so many times last night and she was so cranky.

I find myself very stress up by all the feedings.. My girl has very bad habit of latching to sleep, so, we introduce pacifier last night. But, she actually know the difference coz there's nothing when she suck and she will spill out and open her mouth real big, an indication that she wants nipple. So heart pain seeing her like this, but, I can't keep giving her my sore nipples, and will be difficult for caregivers to take care of her.

Taking care of a child is really not easy. I'm not so worried about lack of sleep, but, more worried about not able to coax her to sleep and do not know whether I've overfed or underfed her.

Plus the frustration of not able to wash my hair.. It's really a torture..

yeoymp

me too...feel my supply was getting Low these 2days. As I dun feel so engorge .....pump out also drop a bit.

then my boy today has been latching in every 2hours,the most drAG to 2.5hours. so tired.....can't feel fullness in my breast and he wails again.

Angpq

me too...feel my supply was getting Low these 2days. As I dun feel so engorge .....pump out also drop a bit.

then my boy today has been latching in every 2hours,the most drAG to 2.5hours. so tired.....can't feel fullness in my breast and he wails again.
Hi, same here. I thought I bf my gal for one hour should be enough for her awhile but she wailed n wailed non stop. After one hour of bf is very tiring for mi, end up I fed her fm. Then she can have a nice sleep.

felicity

reiann in the end i bought those milk bags... disposable types... really 'invest' in breastfeeding ! wah you threw away?! you know how "stingy" i am with my milk? even when baby drink till left 20ml and sleeps, i will go make milo and add that 20ml in and drink myself! no one is allowed to throw my precious milk away, i will club whoever does that with a frying pan!!

erlina, first time mums like us really very stressed n worrisome... sigh. i also worry underfed or overfed... scared i not enough that's why she latch nonstop then maybe underfed. yet these 2 days she will latch and puke milk out?! then is it overfed ? or she's just too used to latching, treating me like pacifier and dont know how to stop latching even when she's full?

my nipples are her best friends ... she will play with them, laugh at them, scream at them, lick them like popsicles, rub her face on them for a milk facial... i think she loves them so much more than me T_T but sometimes i really laugh at her for the silly things she's doing to my nipples lol... she always rejects pacifier so i give up... just let her be best mates with my nipples...

today is fm-free! cos her only bottle feed (now mother in law feeding her, hubby working late) is ebm~ ^^ she sleeps only like 1+ hour throughout the day?! is it even normal?! omg the rest of the time she's milking me... hope she'll sleep through tonight.

Lingz12

Reiann, I bought Avent storage cups to store breastmilk.. cos I am using Avent milk bottles ma.. The Avent storage cups have an adaptor to use the Avent teats.. After pumping, I just pour into Avent bottles or Avent storage cups.. I find storage cups more economical cos can re-use ma.. I bought disposable pigeon breastmilk storage bags for wen I go back to work la..

Initially I contemplated using medela bottles to store breastmilk.. but my girl dun like the medela calma teat.. and Avent and NUK teats dun fit on medela bottles.. so bo bianz.. have to pour the breastmilk pumped out into Avent bottles or storage cups..

hello all mummies!! it's been soooo long...!! i delivered to my baby boy Ethan on 22 Sep (EDD 28 Sep)... a delivery that was totally unexpected! i was scheduled to go for my gynae appt in the morn at 9am... the gynae said cervix not opened and told us to choose a date for induced labour... meanwhile, i went for 0.5hr CTG monitoring... when we went back to the gynae with the CTG tracing, she said there was an instance of baby heartbeat drop after a contraction... so she sent me back for 1hr CTG monitoring...

the gynae came to visit me after the 1hr CTG and said baby heartbeat dropped again... and she said i have to go for csec immediately coz she doesn't want to take risks... me and my hubby couldn't really take the shock, as we didn't plan for a csec... i asked for other options, like continue to monitor or csec another day... but my gynae refused... it was at about 11am and she wanted me to go for csec at 1pm...

next thing i know, i was given several forms to sign... the nurse shaved me below, i changed into the blue gown, my hubby had to do my admission, etc... i was sooo scared! totally not prepared to be given epi and cut up! when they were about to wheel me to the op theatre, i was still asking if there's any turning back... =\

at the theatre, the anaesthetist gave me laughing gas... when he was about to inject my hand and put me on the drip, i breathed in a lot of the laughing gas man... coz i was so scared... i breathed so much until i got 'high' and druggy... so i didn't feel much pain during the injections... subsequently, i also breathed in a lot of the gas when he administered the epi... i never liked injections, and my hubby wasn't with me... all alone n scared! slowly my lower body was numb... and we were waiting for the gynae to come... shortly after she came, she called for my hubby to come in... then she started the csec... i was so glad that my hubby was next to me providing comfort n encouragement... after a few mins, i heard my boy's cries! that was simply touching... :) the feeling of holding my boy in my arms was undescribable...

after the csec, my hubby told me what happened in the theatre... apparently the umbilical cord went around my boy's neck twice... that explained the drop in baby heartbeat during/after contractions... i was really impressed with my gynae's professionalism and experience... lucky my boy is safe and sound!

however, the news came when he has jaundice and is G6PD-deficient... and the PD said he had to stay in hospital for 3 more days for phototherapy... i cried :( i really wanted the best for him and was sad that he is G6PD-deficient... he is not supposed to take any traditional Chinese med... and since i'm on total bfeeding, i can't take those as well... all the confinement herbs that my mum and MIL bought are wasted! and they were worried that i wun get to do a good confinement w/o these herbs to restore my health... but there's really no choice... it's either i stop bfeeding him and stop giving him the good nutrients... or i dun get to do the confinement proper...

my hubby decided that i should continue staying in the hospital so that we can be with our boy throughout and discharge with him... so for the next couple of days, the nurse will just bring him to me for feeding... other than that, he would be doing phototherapy in the nursery... after 1 wk in the hospital, we finally discharged together last friday! :) but the hospital bill costs a bomb though :( have to pay about 5k in cash...

now my son still has jaundice... and i'm sunning him everyday... really pray hard that his jaundice goes away soon! otherwise will have to check his liver... i just want him to be healthy and happy...

ahwang

I'm so tired, so wanna give up. My boy seems such a difficult one. Cry + scream at the top of his lungs for everything. He is not laughing not smiling at us at all. I'm so upset. Been crying since he is home with us and this is his 4th day. My wound cut also not recovering I felt pain tired lack of slp. I think Im having milk post natal depression. So worried. Can't think positively. I'm trying to be a good mum but boy not cooperating.

erlina040

Ahwang, u have to stay strong. My c-sect wound is not exactly painful after a week, except for certain movements.. Have u seen ur gynae to check on ur wound?

Baby crying is definitely difficult to handle. I also almost break down when I can't handle her colic last night, and without hubby support as he just fell asleep. Send him SMS to tell him that I need support and at least some words of concern in this kind of situation and I think it helps if u voice out that u need help. Jiayou and hand on to it!!

felicity

bb finally sleeps >< zzz...

mamadinosaur, lucky ur gynae detected and ur bb is safe and sound! i'm sure u'll do a great job as a mummy and ur bb will be healthy and happy :)

ahwang, yes, stay strong! i dunno if there's any easy bb... my mummy said i was one, why my bb not like me?! sigh~ just now my bb was wailing like mad, mouth open so wide until like overstretched >< and whole face red... simply because she's too tired! nothing much i can do except cuddle her till she slps. already before that fed her a bottle of ebm 90ml at 830, she refused to slp, 930 she wailed i latched her... then she fell asleep, then i tried to put her into the cot and she wailed and wailed so bitterly :( heartbroken, but i'm sure it's not because she needs more milk. she tried to struggle outta her swaddle but i just cuddle her tight until she knock herself out and fell asleep. sigh. she doesn't like to be swaddled but she can't slp well without swaddle because she's v active even in her slp, a lot of startled motions sometimes continuously many times even when in my arms... hv to hold her v tight. sigh, always a struggle to make her slp =/

ahwang, i guess must accept that bb dunno how to cooperate yet and i also i've read that bb dunno how to social smile in the first mth... typically only 3-4th mth then will react with smile or laughter, some maybe earlier in 2nd mth... go search on baby milestones... i realized a lot of things to read up... a lot of things i dunno. like i read 2nd mth bb can lie on the tummy n learn to lift up the head, will strengthen the muscles to help her flip over later. then i realized i never let her lie on her tummy b4! how to learn!! so today first time she lie on her tummy with my dream genii pillow supporting her >< try to think positive even if it's not easy! eventually bb will react positively and u will feel all is worth it!

seriously i latch until my back breaking, also dunno how much longer i myself can tahan... zzz.. k, time to pump and go slp myself...

Angpq

Mamadinosaur, Congrats to you. Your son will be fine! Ur case is quite similar as mine. I also go down for induced labour, end up cervix cannot open to 10cm after 17hrs, left with no choice to go for csec. I stayed in mount A, single ward for 3 days and the bill is also like a bomb ~$8k. Yours is which hospital?

Hi angpq! I stayed at Mt A too... Double ward for first night... Then single room @ Our Lady Ward for the next 5 nights... Ur 8k is cash portion only? Or total bill? If only govt allows us to claim more from medisave!!!

ahwang

Thanks mummies for all the support, gg for gynae check up on thur. Don't know how to bring my boy out with his behavior. I'm trying to stay strong, hubby supportive but I sense he tired too from washingb of bottles helping me etc and I felt like we were fine with just 2 of us why landed ourselves in today's state. Seriously after one mth will baby be easier to take care ? Typing and crying again. I nv thought I cldnt handle a baby so no cl. But my boy is just out of my expectation way beyond. I try to change my way of handling him he seems to wake up every 2 Hr for abt 90ml of milk. And I really not much bm too. So ard close to 2hr we had the formula ready waiting for him to wake up. Since formula can stay out for an Hr before discard.

Kary2500

Mamadino - congratulations to u!!

Realized no matter what when u hold ur baby in ur arms and u look at ur baby every day it's the best feeling in the whole world. I can go hours just looking at my baby sleep and smile and make angry faces in her sleep... :)

Kary2500

Ahwang - if it makes u feel any better my baby gets super cranky most times too.. De only thing that I can do to stop her from crying is latch her, and even that she keeps wrestling me, pushes her hands in her mouth, shakes ther head from side to side, and because my nipples are short she struggles to latch on sometimes.. I realized my baby gets even more cranky when she's very hot, I sometimes use long sleeves tops n long pants for her thinking she'll be cold n all those days she cries even more.. So now keep her on thinner short sleeves clothes, plus I keep turning on de ac from time to time just so that the room temp is cool. It helps sometimes but not always..

Angpq

Hi angpq! I stayed at Mt A too... Double ward for first night... Then single room @ Our Lady Ward for the next 5 nights... Ur 8k is cash portion only? Or total bill? If only govt allows us to claim more from medisave!!!
Nope. My 8k is total bill. After cpf deduction paid 3.6k cash. Usually, normal delivery not successful and emergency change to csec, hospital will charge double for the too that you use for normal delivery and room for csec.