EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

erlina040

Felicity, so, ur baby will be quite big by the time u return back to work. Wei da mummy, taking unpaid leave to take care. I'll be enrolling her in infant care.. My in law will be sending her in the morning, and we will fetch her back in the evening once my maternity leave end. Think can give ourselves some time off. Even so, my in law alr mentioned that she won't want to send her there too early in the morning and will pick her up after like 2 hours. It seems to defeat the purpose. Will try to work things out.

erlina040

Haha, coz when my baby want to latch, she don't stick out her tongue, she will open her mouth very big and her head will be searching here and there..

Lingz12

My girl too! Last night I brought her to the room to latch cos she's searching for nipple again.. Latch her on the left, then she released suction after 15min.. Thought she had enuff and burped her.. Put her down and she cried for milk again.. So latch her on the right, this time she released suction after 10min.. Should be enuff le ba.. So burped her again and put her down.. But she seems to search for nipple again leh.. Bo bianz.. Latch her again on the left, she suckle 2-3 times and stick out her tongue and looks like she wanna vomit but nothing came out.. Quickly pat her on her back and turn her face to the side in case she realli vomits.. Then, her mouth opened wide again to search for nipple.. Latched another 5min before she finally decided she had enuff and snoozed..

So not too sure if her wanna vomit is cos overfed not.. But she still wans to latch after her wanna-vomit feeling.. Though for a short 5min onli la..

How I wish I noe wat my girl is tinking.. Full or not full? So afraid of underfeeding her cos she's born realli small.. On the other hand dun wan to overfeed her too cos she always regurgitates and waste my precious milk.. =(

Ahwang, u really need to try to pee n poop more... When i never pee or poop, my wound/uterus hurts like crazy!!! And i cant stand straight, cant walk... So i understand the pain... Jiayou!!

felicity

Nonstop wanna latch... Stop liao wanna latch again and again.. Sounds like wat I hv been gg thru for weeks.. I just latch, cos I really dunno wat she wants. It seems like all she wants is to suckle nonstop :/

Angpq

Lingz12, I also don't know why?? Since she wan to have the vomit feeling then why after that still searching for nipple?

Lingz12

Angpq:700513 said:
Lingz12, I also don't know why?? Since she wan to have the vomit feeling then why after that still searching for nipple?
Dunno leh.. Or maybe I shove too much of my aerola and nipple into her mouth and she gagged? Cos to help her with latching, I always push my boobs into her mouth rather than let her latch herself.. Chances of successful latching higher ma.. I tinking mayb I shove too much inside le ba.. Since it seldom happens I oso dun bother too much.. Haha..

Lingz12

felicity:700512 said:
Nonstop wanna latch... Stop liao wanna latch again and again.. Sounds like wat I hv been gg thru for weeks.. I just latch, cos I really dunno wat she wants. It seems like all she wants is to suckle nonstop :/
Haha.. At least mine dun demand to be latched the entire day.. I realli dunno how u manage felicity.. I tink if I'm u I will go bonkers! Impressed leh..

Anyway, I'm nt comfy upping her ebm milk intake again considering I jus upped it yesterday.. So shall jus let her latch as "top-up" as desired ba.. After a few days I shall reassess and see if I should up her ebm feed not.. This is all realli trial and error..

ahwang

Hi mummies, just wonder how clean r u when comes to ebm? I used sterelizer for all parts and bottles. but can't wait for it to air dry. I use nappy cloth to wipe clean instead. And made an effort to steriliser hands. But my boobs I nv clean before pumping.

reiann

mamadino: congrats :) even if it's a surprise c section, glad everything went well. who's your ob gyn?

foremilk and hindmilk is not like two different types of milk. bm slowly transitions from foremilk to hindmilk. so the longer you let your baby suckle on the breast, the more it will get the hindmilk, or, simply, get more milk with higher fat. but foremilk is also important. so just let your baby suckle as long as possible. as for pumping, pump on one breast till the flow is almost nothing or very very slow. then swap/stop.

reiann

Hi mummies, just wonder how clean r u when comes to ebm? I used sterelizer for all parts and bottles. but can't wait for it to air dry. I use nappy cloth to wipe clean instead. And made an effort to steriliser hands. But my boobs I nv clean before pumping.
nope, I don't sterilise. I boiled all breast pump parts before I first used them, and subsequently I just use pigeon washing liquid (for pump parts, or utensils for babies) to wash the parts, and dry them on a kitchen paper towel. once dry, I place them in zip lock bags. if you do a quick google search, sterilising is recommended in the 'old' days when water quality was dubious. now our water is so clean, it's really unnecessary.

I never clean my boobs/nipples before pumping or feeding! haha. I just untuck them from my bra and .. feed. or pump. but I do shower everyday (what confinement? :D) and naturally wash my nipples/breasts.

Thanks reiann!! My obgyn is Dr Kang Wee... She has over 20 yrs of experience! N is risk-averse... She said "baby so cute one, why want to take risk?"

My current PD is dr Ong Eng Keow from ICAC @ Mt A... I think he's quite ok... Just that i dun like the queue/crowd at the clinic... Plus terrible parking at Mt A... Anyone got other PD to recommend?

erlina040

For me, I'll sterilize all the pumps and bottles after each pump, and about 2 feeds, using pigeon sterilizer, which takes about 6 mins. I didn't really air dry the pump, just leave it in the sterilizer till next pump. I'll usually clean my nipples before each pump as I realized there is actually some dirt, either from the bra or nursing wear. Just to play safe, ESP when baby has her tummy upset 2 days ago. I tried to be more careful, thinking mayb her tummy is not that strong.

Mamadinosaur, congrats!! Although mine is not as sudden as ur, I was also caught by surprise when I've to decide on sat whether to hav c sect on the next day. So much as I tried to think whether I can cope with the pain of natural birth, in the end, have to cope with the recovery. But, the thought of ending the waiting game and get to see baby is great too!!

felicity

today ive been very emo again n cried a few times.. sigh..

reiann, same! i bathe once a day n make sure my nipples and surrounding area are particularly clean.. i dont clean before each feed or pump..

im also using pigeon sterilizer.. at the beginning i wash w the pigeon liquid cleanser n sterilize after each pump n wipe dry w kitchen paper towel.. very much of a hassle.. later my friend wh o is also using freestyle told me that i can just keep the pump parts in a ziplock bag or airtight container n put in the fridge.. obly sterilize once every 24 hr. she said eventually she just flip dry.. haha.. so now im doing the same. today so far no chance to wash my pumps n sterilize yet ><

today i realized how spoilt i have been, confinement w parents n now in laws living w us.. every meal taken care of. today my inlaws went out n mother in law was nice enough to buy me lunch before leaving. however baby needs constant attn from me.. latching all the way.. when i changed her diaper n she seems quiet, i went to eat my lunch n bb started wailing.. i rushed thr lunch n used toilet in like 2-3 mins n bb was wailing so bitterly i felt so heartbroken n apologetic to make her wait n i broke down n cry :(

i cannot imagine if ive been alone w bb all along.. how to cook lunch or go n buy? but maybe if i had been alone i wont let bb get used to latching so much.. sigh. but now she's sleeping.. fell asleep latching.. managed to do a bit ofcleaninghere n there while shesleeps.

reiann

felicity: don't be down. I just don't understand why your husband is not helping out and he could go play comp games etc!! why would you want to have a kid? tsk to him!

I think it would all soon be over.. and before we know it, we'd have a toddler in our hands, not a newborn anymore! already my baby looks different...bigger, different!

for those both latching adn bottle feeding: does your baby get 'nipple confusion'? sometimes at night I can't help it but supplement with ebm which I've pumped earlier in the day. afraid my baby gets confused and only 'nibbles' at my breasts, not latch on properly..