EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

NeSSa

i been using drypers,goon,merries and niepa...but still prefer mamy poko coz alot of my friends said no diaper rash etc...and i find it quite ok...

Rodorsany

Im using pampers... Seemes small for girl... I got a pack of pigeon small size... Must start wearing diapers to sleep if not wastage i got 4 packs of pampers M size awaiting...

My #1 used to use mamy poko not bad.. N petpet coz its cheap

I still let my girl wears mittens coz she will.scratch herself despite triming her nails weekly

justamom

Any mummies stucked at hm taking cr of lo aft Confinement? I'm still like under confinement at hm bcos lo demands dl and v v frequently.. only can go out w hubby when he's around n we always goes to nursing rm whenever we're out.. feeling v emo as can't bring bb out alone stuck at hm...n bb at times demand feed v often...

lizzy2101

I tried all the diapers goon, mami poko, pampers, merries, drypers but huggies ultra dry (green packet) is the winner for me...

reiann

haha it really shows that diapers are also to each his/her own! I tried huggies but I really didn't like it. drypers not absorbent enough, though the designs are soooo cute. pampers are ok, but I find them costly. haven't tried merries. mamy poko as I said is really not bad, but I couldn't find them cheaper than goon, and goon is working for me so far. and silly as it is, I like japanese products, and the cute animals on goon diapers are a winner for me! especially the S size ones. different animals!! justamom: why do't you try going out on a weekday alone? jjst you and baby without husband. and see what it feels like. I actually enjoy my time out w baby alone on weekdays, as I don't feel bad when I go to nursing room to feed baby (as I'd feel rushed by husband though he doesn't rush me, I do feel bad!), I can walk anywhere I want.. it's nice. hm I hven't ever used mittens on my baby -_- her nails are long.. but somehow when it's long enough it gets scratched off by itself? or more like peeled off by itself? and some of the carter PJs I use (NB size), come with 'mittens'. just have to invert the end of the sleeve and it closes off the hands. but not all PJs. and I have yet to trim her nails.. what brand of nail clipper did you all get?

felicity

The nail clipper I'm using is tommee tippee.. Hubby bought during confinement..

Justamom me too still stuck at home n my bb is 10 weeks already!! I haven't brought her out w the carrier except go downstairs see doc once. Other times go out is w hubby n he drives...

Reiann I bought mamypoko from ang mo supermarket... I think around $13ish for 50 pcs S size... I used goon during confinement n I must agree that the different animal pics are sooo cute!!

linl1n84

I am using huggies total protection and today it just badly leaked, the poo leak over the swaddle cloth and my shirt.. I am using mamypoko at night, bought it from JB during promo time.. Think mamypoko size is bigger than other diaper. It has side gather too. I have 1pax of M pampers, will try next time. Heard pampers is good but most exp..
Yesterday bb just scratch her own face, so sad, now got scratch mark. Plan to cut her nails in 7th week. When is the best time to cut? After bathe?
Me too haven't out w bb alone as I dun think my mil will allow that, she may think I am not capable enough, maybe after I buy carrier or sling, will try to bring her out alone, prob can only do that in 2nd month as my mil scare bb fell sick due to outside environment..It's like no freedom for me, can't even bring bb out as I want unless hb is around :((

yuen6

Reiann, how do u manage to go out often and still keep baby on a schedule? After going out last week, I really enjoyed it after being cooped up at home for so long. But I felt that going out messes with my baby's schedule as she can't sleep well outside. Too many distractions and movements. I'm afraid this will disrupt her sleep eat wake cycle in the long run..

I use Tommy tippee baby scissors to cut baby's nails. It has a rounded edge for safety.

reiann

Yuen: yes initially I didn't have much of a schedule so I just fed whenever she demanded. But now that I do, I try to plan my trips out around her times, eg after a feed at home I'll immediately head out have lunch etc then at her usual feed time around 2pm ill go to a nursing room and feed her. Then I either head home before next feeding at 5. I use a carrier so baby sleeps very well in it. In fact she sleeps better in it when I'm out. When I'm home I don't usually use the carrier but she doesn't sleep as well cos of reflux and gas problems. Somehow w the carrier, her reflux isn't that bad!

Only problem was car seat when we head out on weekends. She fusses when in it if she is not just fed or has reflux while in it. So must time that v well. That is why, ironically, I prefer to go out alone w baby taking public transport!!

NeSSa

i brought my son out quite often over wkends wif hubby and we bought a stroller frm kiddy palace for newborn to up 3 yrs old...so i had to take taxi first few times... we often pack 2 feeds each time we go out but we dont go out so long usually go in the mrning back by after lunch the most up to 4-5hrs per time...i had bought a sling come carrier but my son hated it so no choice use stroller he loves it can fall aslp in it...

justamom

Reiann /felicity : don't dare Cos need bring alot of stuff. E.g diapers /stroller.. n if I drive out bb might b crying behind at car seat...n I'm afraid that I cannot Take his cries for long. .currently If w hubby I can dl if lo fusses behind.. also scared will b panicky when he cries n demand feed outside. .. need rush to nursing rm...

Uttmama

Can I check with mummies if you let your babies nurse to sleep? I try not to these days and followed the EASY routine but find it extremely hard as I am not offering pacifier to baby. He will fuss alot when I try patting him to sleep. Do mummies that nurse babies to sleep have problems with getting babies to sleep through the night? My baby is 8 week and is still getting up quite alot for feeding just like in the day and sometimes he wakes himself up as he spits up/moves too much in his sleep/ trying to break free from swaddle. And I have to spend half to an hour trying to get jim back to sleep again. My baby moves alot in his sleep amd makes lotsa noise. Is this normal??

yuen6

Reiann - So u do everything while carrying baby in the carrier, like having your lunch? My baby doesn't so sleep that well in her pram. Maybe next time i will try using my sling instead..

My baby (kinda) slept through the night for the first time last night!! Yay! Had her last feed at 1030pm and slept ard 1120 pm to 530 am. But poor baby was all wet with her pee which leaked and soaked onto her pajamas pants and top.. Need to find a really absorbent diaper to last her through the night.

yuen6

Hi Uttmama, my baby often falls asleep while nursing as well, and if I simply cannot wake her up I will just let her sleep. At night I just let her nurse to sleep. As long as it is not every nap I am not so worried. There are times when I manage to put her down drowsy but awake and she will drift off to sleep. Or do the shush pat method which works sometimes..

Pinky32

Reiann,

PM u yesterday regarding the carter's ordering. Let me knw ya if i can still get some stuffs from there. Thanks!

linl1n84

My 6th week gal also makes alot of noise during sleep. She looks uncomfortable, I think maybe some milk almost goes into her nose or either she got hard time to breathe / almost choke. Anyone has same prob? And do I need to carry her from her cot? Sometimes I just left her in the cot and she somehow got better but sometimes she will cry and when I carry her, milk will come out...

Jesskoo

I'm also using mamypoko M size! It's cheap and it can last quite long! Bb 9 weeks old! Weight at 6kg! Doesn't drink much ebm onli 100ml every 2-3hrly. Is it ok?

lizzy2101

I find the japanese brand diapers only last 1 hour lol or my bb weewee like loads?! With huggies can last 3-4 hours at night and no leakage. I always go out with bb using sling more comfy for him, he just sleeps the whole time... But if i plan to go out more than 4 hours i bring stroller to alternate carrying bb cos he so heavy :D plus i can shop too with the stroller.

felicity

My bb wear mamypoko can slp from 9pm to 6am n no leak.. Only diaper become v heavy n thick from soaking up her pee.. Haha..

Kary2500

My 6th week gal also makes alot of noise during sleep. She looks uncomfortable, I think maybe some milk almost goes into her nose or either she got hard time to breathe / almost choke. Anyone has same prob? And do I need to carry her from her cot? Sometimes I just left her in the cot and she somehow got better but sometimes she will cry and when I carry her, milk will come out...[/QUOTE

my baby also makes a lot of noise while sleeping... It makes us worry, and half the time I'm awake in the middle of the night just to ensure she's breathing fine.. I told my pd about it and he said its due to reflux, and will mostly happen in the evenings and in the night.. All this will normally go away by 3 months, can't wait cos till den the slightest sound wakes me up..