EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

yuen6

Wow felicity your baby can sleep from 9pm to 6 am? Lucky u! I just bought mamypoko S size.. Hopefully it works for us.

Kary2500

How much weight are babies supposed to gain?? I breastfeed my baby, but give her formula once in two days maybe, if I'm really tired and she's being too cranky..

I feel my baby is just not gaining enough, she's six weeks now and is 4.6kgs. The worst part is when people keep talking to her and ask her your mama is not feeding you enough?? (Especially my inlays) sigh soo annoying... I know they have had babies too but can't people just allow me to take care of mine on my own..

reiann

Kary: there's no such thing as what a baby is supposed to weigh. There's a weight (and height etc) percentile range chart and your child may be on lower end of scale ( I doubt it) but so what!!? As long as your babe is growing ... It really depends on so many factors. If your babe is eating, and popping and peeing regularly, don't worry abt it.

Pinky: eh I replied to your pm! Didn't you receive it? I haven't ordered yet! :) will
You again.

Kary and Lin: yes my baby is a grunter. She grunts and she d wake herself from her map or sleep cos of gas or reflux. V poor thing. Not her fault. Last night she fell asleep after last feed at 10.30 but she grunted at 4, 5 am plus which woke me up. So common. Most of the tones she would actually cry awake cos gas or reflux is painful.

Yuen- nursing to sleep. Mine kind of does that but I have to burp her so that will wake her up. I think it's done if its not every feed. Dream feed is fine but in the day, try to nurse in a natural day environment w sounds lights etc.

reiann

Lizzy: heh on the contrary! Jap brand diapers last the night!

Yuen: yes I eat w baby in carrier. Not that great but I am careful and sometimes will even put a napkin over her sleeping head while I eat haha. I shop that way too, and yes sometimes I use the bathroom that way. Argh! But no choice!

ahwang

Reiann that is so hilarious.... But im the same as u... Just havent try out gg to toilet with him in the manduca carrier. I eat with my body slanted so hopefully won't drop on him haha. But I can't shop as with the carrier on... I can't try clothes. All can so is window shopping and buying groccery etc.

ahwang

I been hearing mummies here talking abt reflux... What exactly is that . Went to google but my boy doesbt seems to have all the symptoms but I suspect he might have it as he has trouble sleeping. Day time night time don't slp.. after feeding, he burped. But after that he still will have some milk mixed with his saliva drooling out from his mouth. He never vomit though. Is this reflux? And He seems gassy... Aways wanna fart.

ahwang

Uttmama my bb exactly same as u! Doesn't seems to like swaddle. Yet don't swaddle he startled by himself and woke up. Fell asleep when feeding. When I put him back to cot he woke up! My mil keep telling me use Yao lan but I scared when go out no Yao lan he can't slp.

meltie

Hey lin, my baby also makes alot of noises, squirms alot .. most of the time is in her cot.. when we carry her to slp, she doesn't have much fidgeting.. most of the time she'll cry and i gotta go carry her up.. sometimes reflux causes milk to cone out from nose n mouth.. i'm afraid she might choke, so i'll immediately go pick her up.. den she will spit out in awhile.. i think its painful n irritating for her throat as thr gastric acids comes back up... i've already inclined her mattress, still happens.. esp when she start to tense up, she can shoot milk from her nose... :/ after that, got alot of dried stuff in the nose... Hey reiann, i saw the carter's website! So cute! but really dunno if i shld buy 3-6mth or 6mth onwards.. hope sizing doesn't go wrong.. i haven't got time to shortlist the items.. shall do it if i have time today! My bb had her full mth celebration yesterday.. she ran a fever with temp up to 38.7.. i was so worried .. sponged down before going out, den bought cool fever patch for her.. seemed to relieve the heat abit.. let her wear a thin romper and thin swaddle.. but once reached mil's hse, i was reprimanded for not keeping her warm.. told mil that bb got fever, v hot, most websites n i called PD helpline, all tell me to sponge her, unswaddle and loosen her clothings to help keep her cool.. but den mil wants me to change her into long sleeve n pants.. which i have only a long sleeve n pants romper.. super thick and hot.. buttons from neck to toe.. mil made me dress her up in that and swaddled her, and put blanket on her.. she wearing the fever patch t, still forced to put hat on her.. abit contradicting.. supposed to lose heat but wear hat to keep warm.. mil somemore cover her head with nappy cloth... sigh.. i see her i also v hot.. mil house no aircon and it was humid coz of rain... when i carried her, both me n her sweat like mad.. so i quickly ask to go function room.. :/ got aircon there...well, i'm glad many friends came! Mil did not want ppl to carry bb coz bb sick and also dunno if ppl who are sick may pass anything to her.. so for 4-5 hrs, she's either in my hubby, my mil or my arms.. she was abit cranky (maybe due to fever), the room was v echoey and noisy, i think after all the confinement i'm not used to the super loud n noisy place.. couldn't hear my bb cry or whine.. she tensed up and cried abit (at the same time she already lost her voice since morn coz she cried like mad).. but i think all the kids, adults talking noise kept her from her colic.. she had abit of pain but suppressed and slept in our arms.. she fed every hourly too.. making me super bz, cannot really entertain the guests and had to hid one corner with her.. haha Wah we came home she started fussingup coz v quiet.. she also did not poop the whole time from 4plus.. started pooping and crying non stop.. 10plus to 12plus she could not slp.. we could not wash up n do our stuff despite being super tired... finally she slept till 3.30am for her feed and she fissed and cried down the roof till 5.30am... :/ kept latching her .. as its the only way to soothe her.. bit she reflux abit too.. sighhh.. super tiring.. fed till i doze off let her suckle for 45mins! i was shocked that she was still on it! quickly removed her and her eyes wide open.. my arm was numb liao, bo bian woke hubby up to carry her.. hubby oso carried her in arms for half an hr till 6am , he dozed off.. i went to put bb down.. 7.20am she woke up feed again.. and den 10.30.. i just put her down agter all the fussing, bathing, changing diaper and leaked poo... zzz super tired! hope she sleeps! Oh ya was observing a trend.. seems like my bb cranks alot and fusses during rainy days.. this morn was threatening to rain ard 4am.. she just couldn't sleep , drink finish cry.. this has happened for past week when it turns darker in day n rain... maybe she's afraid of rain?? any mummies experience this? i always thought rain can sleep better, got white noise... apparently my bb got worse.. while poor mummy really wants to slp in this cooling weather.... :/

felicity

Heehee reiann I just managed to finish my lunch n went to the toilet w bb in my ergo carrier.. Think i'm finally ready to venture out lol

Ahwang my bb also fell asleep when cradling her to latch or carrying her, once put her down she opens eyes n fuss again... Zzz... Sometimes I carry her for 1-2 hrs for her to slp...

Meltie gosh! Ur mil!! I've read online that if bb's temp is high also wear lesser, thinner, looser as covering up may overheat her body n cause temp to go up!! But thank goodness it's over n bb is alright... Now just wish she'll let u hv a good rest. My bb can sleep v well in rainy weather though... But because often she fell aslp in my arms I dun really slp also, I just carry her n let her slp :/ then come forum like now or surf n read up more baby/parenting/bfeeding..

yuen6

Haha reiann must be quite a challenge yo use bathroom while carrying baby in carrier!

Felicity, how big is your baby? I have an ergo carrier too but my baby is only 6 weeks and 4.1 kg, so that would be too small to use the ergo baby carrier?

lizzy2101

Lol whenever i go out using sling or carrier i dont go toilet..or ask my friend to carry first..

Reian i hvent look at carters webby, ill pm u once i got the time.

Im down with flu and alone looking after bb in day time, hubby's gonna go australia this wednesday so illbe totaly alone..hope my flu will go away before he leaves..

Last edited:

reiann

Don't worry mums! I'll prob make the order on carter on Thursday. Is that ok? Just pm me.

Meltie: !!!!!!!!!! Your mum in law is mad!!!!! Your poor baby!! Still swaddle her even when she's already feverish?!?!??? Omg. Sorry for my reaction. I just feel v sorry for your baby. Sigh.
Still, it's all over! Hope your baby has a good day today.

Kary2500

Lizzy - you get well soon!! Take care not to pass ur germs to urbaby..

Reiann I hv still not had a look either bin sooper busy and I'm leavin on fri.. But I'll pm u if I need anything before Thursday..

Meltie - when my mil was here my baby was down with a cold and cough and everytime she carried her she always used to wrap her up even though it was so hot den... Now hubby is doing the same thing, I don't mind wrapping her up when it's cold n windy... Some ppl just think so differently.

linl1n84

Meltie: u must be damn tired now with bb fussing whole day.. My gal full moon is this sat. Cross finger everything will be ok as this week is her 6th week hopefully her growth spurt week is smooth.. How come bb got fever? Injection? I am planning to bring bb for 6in1 injection next Monday. Shall I directly give her fever medicine to prevent fever? Or wait for fever to come?

Mummies, any of u has menses already?? I had a csec... Lochia stopped after 4 wks... Then 2 wks later, im bleeding a lot! Seems like menses... Normal??

reiann

No no menus yet. Wonder when it'll arrive? And can't have sex as it hurts? :(

Yuen. Yeah can't shop for myself when carrying babe but it's a good deterrent!!

reiann

Ahwang: sorry I meant you - that having baby in carrier is damn good for not shopping! Heh. But end up buying stuff for baby. Ha.

Reflux- its usually linked to gas I think. And I hear it in my baby. After feeding, an hour or two later she d sometimes wake up from nap crying! Then hear her trying to swallow. Must be really bad for her.

felicity

after 7 weeks my lochia kinda still on and off spotting until week 9 ... damn sian. then after week 9 i thought no more... week 10 start to have spotting again... 2 days were dark reddish brown but 3rd day is bright red, i thought my period coming back damn upset, but after that back to darker tone and then today clear again... weird. wonder is it my lochia still not entirely cleared?

for me, sex hurts... after one attempt i a bit phobic ><