EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Piglim

Any mums brought ur baby to the weaning course last sat? I brought my son there for food tasting n he simply enjoyed it! Haha although he's kinda the oldest there. Haha most of them jut turned 6mths.

btw wanna check with u mummies, are we able to use corn to boil soup? Cos I understand its not advisable to give baby corn until they turn 1. Also I was told by mrs Wong I can start feeding my son yogurt. (Not those low fat ones) any of u know where n what type I should buy? She said can also feed homemade yoghurt - how to make?

Lingz12

Piglim, u're back! how's the trip? I might be going bintan with hubby and baby in june for his offsite co meeting.. now tinking wat to prepare.. how do u bring ebm overseas? the fridge-to-go cooler bag I use to transport ebm to nanny's doesnt last more than 6hrs I tink.. not sure my ebm can survive the duration from my house to ferry to resort and then finally to room.. hmm.. oso wat does baby eat during ur trip apart from milk? u bought ready food?

as for corn soup.. the baby first food books I read, corn can be used to make vegetable stock for preparing bb food.. so I suppose it shld be fine? and I recall reading one baby book that teaches how to make home made yoghurt.. lemme try to go home find.. if I can find it, I will share it here.. :)

KiBin

Any mums brought ur baby to the weaning course last sat? I brought my son there for food tasting n he simply enjoyed it! Haha although he's kinda the oldest there. Haha most of them jut turned 6mths.

btw wanna check with u mummies, are we able to use corn to boil soup? Cos I understand its not advisable to give baby corn until they turn 1. Also I was told by mrs Wong I can start feeding my son yogurt. (Not those low fat ones) any of u know where n what type I should buy? She said can also feed homemade yoghurt - how to make?
Do you know why we can't feed them corn? My daughter has eaten corn already... :p

Janlove

I saw corn on the safe food list..let me double check..
ntuc has those baby yogurt should be safe to eat?
Mommy piglim I went to the weaning workshop the much earlier session but was not told to bring baby but it was pretty informative right?

Piglim

Janlove u didn't? Oh I m sure ur baby will enjoy the food tasting. I wanted to go for the earlier one but it was held on a wkday so not possible since I need to work. As for baby yoghurt, do u know what brand? I saw the yogplait of something like that but it says from 1+ my son now only 8.5 wks Le..

Kibin, For corn I heard its due to allergy n difficult to digest

When Should I Introduce Corn To Baby?

but it's still consider safe food la.. Anw since ur baby alrdy eating corn means there's no problem.

Janlove

Mommy piglim Yah iz a pity did not bring him...yes iz yogplait I saw..your baby still so young give bm lah best :)
i have not tried corn yet..so far tried carrot, potatoes, broccoli, pork, salmon n fruits :) rather lost what and how to cook hee

verglas

Hello mummies! Joined this forum long ago but has never been active. Now that my baby is starting solids, I have many questions to ask and hope someone can give me an answer ;p

1. Is there any brand of baby cereal that is not sweetened? I have tried frisocream rice cereal and Cerelac brown rice cereal and both are very sweet!
2. Any full time working mums here has to cook dinner for your baby? How do you manage? Care to share some tips and recipes?
I try to do quick meals but still require 15-20 min prep time to cut/steam/puree his fruits and vegetables and fish fresh and add them to powdered organic rice. Every day. Sometimes lazy and want to fall back on to #1 (but still haven't found an unsweetened cereal)
3. If bringing baby overseas, how do you plan his meals? Do you buy bottled water to boil in the hotel room for their milk?

rosemummy

Hi mummy

I used to start puree steam etc. Too tiring for me. My nanny taught me porridge. My bb taking organix four grain cereal breakfast and fish porridge for lunchand dinner. Actually many things no need puree when u cook in porridge. I put spinach inside cook till soft. Pumpkin too. Its easier for me as working mum.but uf yr bb just starting can start w veg then move to fish.

His milk feeds as usual. My bb big appetite I put a bit cereal inside his milk too.

Happy Bellies brown rice not sweet. My bb don like cerelac either.

I also too tired to do fanciful menus. Weekends I cook fish porridge. I eat as well :) or my bb can be vegetarian for weekend la. He ate fish from mon to fri liao! Hehe.

I bring my own kettle for overseas trip :)

I m now eating all his balance cerelac cereals :p

verglas:785970 said:
Hello mummies! Joined this forum long ago but has never been active. Now that my baby is starting solids, I have many questions to ask and hope someone can give me an answer ;p

1. Is there any brand of baby cereal that is not sweetened? I have tried frisocream rice cereal and Cerelac brown rice cereal and both are very sweet!
2. Any full time working mums here has to cook dinner for your baby? How do you manage? Care to share some tips and recipes?
I try to do quick meals but still require 15-20 min prep time to cut/steam/puree his fruits and vegetables and fish fresh and add them to powdered organic rice. Every day. Sometimes lazy and want to fall back on to #1 (but still haven't found an unsweetened cereal)
3. If bringing baby overseas, how do you plan his meals? Do you buy bottled water to boil in the hotel room for their milk?

verglas

Hi mummy

I used to start puree steam etc. Too tiring for me. My nanny taught me porridge. My baby taking organix four grain cereal breakfast and fish porridge for lunchand dinner. Actually many things no need puree when you cook in porridge. I put spinach inside cook till soft. Pumpkin too. Its easier for me as working mum.but uf yr baby just starting can start w veg then move to fish.

His milk feeds as usual. My baby big appetite I put a bit cereal inside his milk too.

Happy Bellies brown rice not sweet. My baby dont like cerelac either.

I also too tired to do fanciful menus. Weekends I cook fish porridge. I eat as well :) or my baby can be vegetarian for weekend . He ate fish from mon to fri ! Hehe.

Now I know what to do with his cereals - been sitting around and abit sayang to throw..
I find porridge takes too long to cook + need to watch fire. My bb is very demanding when it comes to being fed on time ;p Will try happy bellies next! Thanks for sharing!

KiBin

Now I know what to do with his cereals - been sitting around and abit sayang to throw..
I find porridge takes too long to cook + need to watch fire. My bb is very demanding when it comes to being fed on time ;p Will try happy bellies next! Thanks for sharing!
If you find his porridge long to cook and need to watch fire, you can consider investing in a slow cooker.. :)

rosemummy

You can slow cook 2 hrs. Put in thermos! :)

verglas:786581 said:
Hi mummy

I used to start puree steam etc. Too tiring for me. My nanny taught me porridge. My baby taking organix four grain cereal breakfast and fish porridge for lunchand dinner. Actually many things no need puree when you cook in porridge. I put spinach inside cook till soft. Pumpkin too. Its easier for me as working mum.but uf yr baby just starting can start w veg then move to fish.

His milk feeds as usual. My baby big appetite I put a bit cereal inside his milk too.

Happy Bellies brown rice not sweet. My baby dont like cerelac either.

I also too tired to do fanciful menus. Weekends I cook fish porridge. I eat as well :) or my baby can be vegetarian for weekend . He ate fish from mon to fri ! Hehe.

momnbaby

New to Infant Massage?

Infant massage is about respect and communication
Infant massage is a conveyance of love
Infant massage is the magic key to a healthier and happier baby
Infant massage is a traditional and natural way to bond with your child
Infant massage is a lifelong skill

Are you looking to …

Extend the services you provide?
Improve your skills on parents and child education?
Enjoy working with mummies and babies?
Are you interested in attending a course that is truly inspiring?

Why attend IAIM certificate programe?

The international association of infant massage ( IAIM ) is the largest and longest standing worldwide association solely dedicated to infant massage. Since 2005, more than 100 instructors from Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong and Philippines have been accredited in Singapore. IAIM infant massage program clinically endorsed in hospitals and infant care centers around the world. It helps babies sleep better, bond better and respond better.

Who should attend the preview?

Infant massage uses gentle, tactile stimulation and loving verbal communication to deepen the relationship between parent and baby. It is a shared experience, done with the baby and not to the baby. It helps to release tension for the baby and helps parents to better understand the baby’s needs.

If you are interested in becoming a Certified Infant Massage Instructor or simply want to know more about infant massage and how to improve the infant-parent communication, join us at our upcoming presentation! This presentation is particularly useful for people in the following industry.

- Medical Care Professionals
- Health Care Professionals
- Infant Care Teachers
- Childhood Educators
- Therapists
- Parents
- Caregivers
- Anyone who loves babies

Speakers: Ms Shillina Phua CIMI, MISP (UK)
- Infant Massage Instructor & I.A.I.M Singapore Chapter Representative

Date: 18 May 2013 (Saturday)
Time: 10:30am -12:30pm
Venue: Best Western Jayleen 1918 Hotel
42 Carpenter Street, Singapore 059921 (Near the Singapore River, Boat Quay)
Fee: $20 per person including lunch
Payment: POSB saving 038-99137-0 via bank transfer

Productivity Innovation & Credit Scheme Consultant
Enjoy tax rebates or cash payouts when you sign up for the course

For enrollment or more information, please contact Ms Amy at email contact@momnbabystore.com or register via sms 9010 2142 with your Full name, Email address.

Janlove

Something happened? I am not living with my mil at the moment but future maybe..and I feel it is not easy as I often hear about conflicts due to different lifestyle n habits...pm me if u need someone to talk to :)

Piglim

Janlove, so nice of u.. Nothing serious happened just that differences in lifestyle mindset a n everything. Didn't stay with mil when married but now cos of baby hubby got her to come over and stay... N she has a freaking habit of throwing things. I get very pissed when ppl touch my things let alone throw my stuff away without asking... Perhaps it's just a minor issue but I feel she needs to understand the word respect. Haiz.. Y will u want to stay with ur mil in future? If I hv a choice I won't n never want to. Privacy will b out.

Janlove

Yah I do not like people to tough my hinges without permission let alone throw it too...I fully understand...
well my hb is the only son so he said have to..I do not mind but I love freedom an do no like people to control me so I wonder what will happen if live together...

KiBin

to reduce MIL problems, the best way is not to stay together...

If really need to stay together, need to learn to close "two" eyes.... and your spouse will need to be a very good "traffic controller"... otherwise problems will definitely arise...