EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Jofeny

I read online that Senna is not suitable for preggies?

Side Effects Of Senna Tablets | LIVESTRONG.COM
Oh is it. My Fren n I, both our Gynae give senna. Hmm... N my Gp says it's ok too..

I think my Gynae got a liquid form medication which is safer, but I hate liquid form medication. That's y she prescribed me senna tablets.

This is the brand I'm taking:
http://m.netdoctor.co.uk/digestive-health/medicines/senokot.html

Quoted from URL:
{
This medicine is not known to be harmful if taken during pregnancy. However, as with all medicines, you should seek medical advice from your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, particularly if you are in your first trimester. Other methods of relieving constipation may be more suitable for you.

There are no known harmful effects when this medicine is used by breastfeeding mothers.
}

See you ba, if u feel unsafe of cos it's best to get the medication from your Gynae. :)

Last edited:

Brenbelle

Girl. No need to expect anything. Jus think of your baby is coming out to meet u. Thats it. Nothing else. Anything negative or scary comes into your mind, turn your thoughts to your baby.

Me too.. The c sect Is the first op in my life n staying in hospital is My first time too. I opt single bedded. So apart from first night the nurses keep coming in at night to measure my blood pressure n temp, the two other nights I'm like staying in hotel. Haha.

Yes, c sect will b earlier than EDD. Reason being by week 36/37, your bb is considered full term. Usually ppl give birth week 38-40? If your planned c sect is on your edd, your bb might want to come n meet you earlier (like normal natural birth). If so, it will become an emergency c sect (if u have to do c sect), n the cost will b much higher than planned c sect.

My Gynae offered me a few dates. N she told me her preference is Mondays. Because in any case any complication, all the Gynae/PD/anesthetist will b available the next 4 days. If I do on a Friday, n If there is Any complications, I might not b able to get the doc I want.

Best is to get the morning slot. Jus zz, blur blur go op. Best. N u no need to fast too long. I think u got to fast 8hrs before the op. Imagine u take the afternoon slot, u might have to specially wake up in the morning to eat.

C sect is a controlled environment. It's even more controlled environment than natural birth. (that's y some natural birth if unsuccessful, the Gynae will switch to emergency c sect ). So just relax. Nothing to b scared. Mu Gynae says she one day can do like 4 c sect. It's really a very common procedure, just that we r scared.

Dun worry ok. Anything jus think bb. When I'm in hospital n in pain, I ask the nurses to push my bb to me. Then u see the bb, u will realize that tiny scar is nothing. When the gynae is cutting me, my hubby keep repeating. Bb is coming bb is coming. I think it helps.

Can't walk for one day in exchange for a bb, actually is quite a good deal. :)
Thanks! Normally will be how many days/weeks earlier than EDD? Or can operate when bb reached 36/37 weeks?
Is the scarring very visible? Do you do post-natal massage? Heard we need to wait till 6 weeks after opn.

Jofeny

Thanks! Normally will be how many days/weeks earlier than EDD? Or can operate when bb reached 36/37 weeks?
Is the scarring very visible? Do you do post-natal massage? Heard we need to wait till 6 weeks after opn.
I wanted week 36 (haha, cos I can't stand puking everyday), but my Gynae say she wun advise anything before week 37. I did mine on week 37 day 7.

Initially the scar during the first month isn't that visible. But now coming 3 months I think it's more visible. But the scar is below the bikini line. So no one can see. So it doesn't really bother me. (if u really wan to know the position of the line, u try wearing a low waist panty, dun purposely pull it up, the natural landing position will b the c sect line). It's abt 1cm down from your waistline, the cut itself is within the pubic hair area.

I didn't do any post natal massage. Because after 1month I feel a bit of ache still, then after which my tummy jus go flatter n flatter, then I jus forget abt the massage. Haha. Good la, save money. :)

Last edited:

Brenbelle

I wanted week 36 (haha, cos I can't stand puking everyday), but my Gynae say she wun advise anything before week 37. I did mine on week 37 day 7.

Initially the scar during the first month isn't that visible. But now coming 3 months I think it's more visible. But the scar is below the bikini line. So no one can see. So it doesn't really bother me. (if u really wan to know the position of the line, u try wearing a low waist panty, dun purposely pull it up, the natural landing position will b the c sect line)

I didn't do any post natal massage. Because after 1month I feel a bit of ache still, then after which my tummy jus go flatter n flatter, then I jus forget abt the massage. Haha. Good la, save money. :)
Oh, still puking in 3rd trimester? If 36/37 will be late Aug, I want a Sept bb.. Will check with my gynae uring my check-up this Fri.
Wow, so good, save money. I had signed for the post-natal massage package and they advised to do it 6 weeks after the opn.

Jofeny

Oh, still puking in 3rd trimester? If 36/37 will be late Aug, I want a Sept bb.. Will check with my gynae uring my check-up this Fri.
Wow, so good, save money. I had signed for the post-natal massage package and they advised to do it 6 weeks after the opn.
I puke until the day I deliver lo. 545am reach Tmc, I 515am puking at home.

Ya check the dates with your Gynae. I'm a sept baby too! :)

huilee

Hi,

I have signed up with Cordlife for my baby.

Anyone want to sign up with Cordlife at Baby Expo on 20 July 2012? If I refer you as friend, we each get $100 shopping voucher.

Do email me at dizzyd3280@gmail.com
Have a good day.

Kary2500

So maaanyy Sept borns among us :)) I'm a Sept baby too lol... And my EDD is Sept 24th, and my bday is on Sept 25th.. Everyone keeps saying hold the baby in till your birthday ... Haha..

Are any of you girls gonna opt for epidural?? I'm so sure I want an epi so that I can enjoy giving birth, but get a little confused sometimes, especially when I read epi stories... About ppl having alot of back and leg pain cos of that, and puking after giving birth...

Jofeny

Back pain n leg pain is so common. Is unfair to point it to epi that is causing it. Esp when baby out n u have to keep rocking bb to zz...

Dun think so much. If already confirm then jus go for it. So many of my frens insist dun wan epi, but it all depends if ur bb allows. If bb decides to take her own sweet time, the mummy will b so in pain to have a relaxed cervix. If not relaxed, bb how to come out?

Of cos if bb is anxious bb, then no problem. chop chop n bb out. Mummy pain is minimized. Jus go with your heart n do what's comfy. Labour time is not the time to prove that u r super hero. So many ppl take epi every day, it's ok de la. :)

Kary2500

Back pain n leg pain is so common. Is unfair to point it to epi that is causing it. Esp when baby out n u have to keep rocking bb to zz...

Dun think so much. If already confirm then jus go for it. So many of my frens insist dun wan epi, but it all depends if ur bb allows. If bb decides to take her own sweet time, the mummy will b so in pain to have a relaxed cervix. If not relaxed, bb how to come out?

Of cos if bb is anxious bb, then no problem. chop chop n bb out. Mummy pain is minimized. Jus go with your heart n do what's comfy. Labour time is not the time to prove that u r super hero. So many ppl take epi every day, it's ok de la. :)
You are soo consoling and comforting!! I'm sure your coolness comes from experience...

Sorry if this is kinda sidetrack.. can we reuse old bottles to breastfeed or store milk? I was given 2nd hand bottle and was wondering if i can reuse this. i read up somewhere that we have to change bottles around 6mnths but i tried to google it around just now and lots of the result saying that we can actually reuse old bottles, just that need to change the teats. is this true?

Jofeny

Sorry if this is kinda sidetrack.. can we reuse old bottles to breastfeed or store milk? I was given 2nd hand bottle and was wondering if i can reuse this. i read up somewhere that we have to change bottles around 6mnths but i tried to google it around just now and lots of the result saying that we can actually reuse old bottles, just that need to change the teats. is this true?
Personally.. I feel the bottles can b reused if there r no scratches on the inner side of the bottle. Because bacteria might b trapped within the scratches n it's not good. My bottle is tommee n it's wide neck n fat, so I use a very soft sponge to clean the inner portion instead of the brush. I feel it's much better n cleaner, n can ensure there wun b any scratches.

N the bottle bound to change colour (to yellowish, especially if it's used to store breastmilk). Jus use until u think the bottle is no longer clean. I dun really go n remember how old is the bottle.

I have friends who use the bottles until 1 year. Baby looks ok too. :)

Only regret I have is to train bb on tommee bottles. Not that it's not good. But I think pigeon always have those trade in program to exchange new pigeon bottles, I think that is a good deal. Rather than throw away the old bottles.

According to the manufacturers:
Teat to change every 3 months
Bottle to change every 6 months

But it really depends on you. :)

Last edited:
Personally.. I feel the bottles can b reused if there r no scratches on the inner side of the bottle. Because bacteria might b trapped within the scratches n it's not good. My bottle is tommee n it's wide neck n fat, so I use a very soft sponge to clean the inner portion instead of the brush. I feel it's much better n cleaner, n can ensure there wun b any scratches.

N the bottle bound to change colour (to yellowish, especially if it's used to store breastmilk). Jus use until u think the bottle is no longer clean. I dun really go n remember how old is the bottle.

I have friends who use the bottles until 1 year. Baby looks ok too. :)

Only regret I have is to train bb on tommee bottles. Not that it's not good. But I think pigeon always have those trade in program to exchange new pigeon bottles, I think that is a good deal. Rather than throw away the old bottles.

According to the manufacturers:
Teat to change every 3 months
Bottle to change every 6 months

But it really depends on you. :)

Ya i'm actually referring to tommee tippee bottles, i have one which pretty similar to the one you describe. short n fat and it is yellowish now already. I dun really feel like using it anymore, but it's given by relative and hubby scared that it will sort of offend them if i dont use it..

They said that TT bottles not made from plastic, but other materials which is better, i forgot what was the material name (my brain juice is like so off lately, keep forgetting things!!) that's why it turns yellowish, if plastic bottles it wont turn yellow.

There is also one avent bottles which i saw got some stratches on the inner part of the bottles, the rest looks okay, used but like still quite new.

Just these 2 bottles i really dont feel like using them anymore. As for the teats, i will for sure change them and get a new one.

Jofeny

I think all bottles will turn yellowish after sometime. Especially breastmilk cos is v oily n yellowish. Formula milk is not as oily.

If u r uncomfy jus dun use. If relative ask, jus say, "ya I'm using". Jus chuck it aside until months later, jus say threw away already cos too long. If bb tummy upset u will b held responsible n u will b the one heartache, not them. U do what u think is the best for bb.

I Duno abt u. But I'm v particular abt bottles. Because that's the main channel for my bb to get his food. So I prefer all use new ones. :) that's me la.. I have some hand down de.. Glass ones I use to store milk. Plastic ones all I throw. Opps..

Last edited:
I think all bottles will turn yellowish after sometime. Especially breastmilk cos is v oily n yellowish. Formula milk is not as oily.

If u r uncomfy jus dun use. If relative ask, jus say, "ya I'm using". Jus chuck it aside until months later, jus say threw away already cos too long. If bb tummy upset u will b held responsible n u will b the one heartache, not them. U do what u think is the best for bb.

I Duno abt u. But I'm v particular abt bottles. Because that's the main channel for my bb to get his food. So I prefer all use new ones. :) that's me la.. I have some hand down de.. Glass ones I use to store milk. Plastic ones all I throw. Opps..

Ya that's what i think too.. I really wanna show ur comment to my hubby.. lolz.. It's his relatives, not mine. and i cant believe yellowish already they still give me..

Jofeny

Some ppl can't bear to throw stuff de (jus like my hubby). So they give away, thinking that it can b reused even though it's not hygienic anymore. I will always take when ppl give, not good to reject ma. But want to use or not is another thing u need to decide. :)

Some ppl can't bear to throw stuff de (jus like my hubby). So they give away, thinking that it can b reused even though it's not hygienic anymore. I will always take when ppl give, not good to reject ma. But want to use or not is another thing u need to decide. :)

I told my hubby even if we dont use it they also wont know, it's not like they are staying with us and watching our every move. I also feel not good to reject what people give and i'm the kind of people that cant really say no or reject people one. I just feel abit unfair because when i wanna give them things or when my hubby wanna give them things, we will always check on the item is it still worth giving or not, especially him, he wont just anyhow give things to people. If the item is too ugly or worn off already he confirm wont give.

sighz.. sorry for sidetracking, this is so not pregnancy related.. hahaha.. Anyway i think i will use whatever way not to use these 2 bottles, hygenic or not, it really looks disgusting. If it turns yellowish because of my own use, at least i know what i use it for, maybe i will dare to still use the bottle even more than 6 mnths.

felicity

nope, but i get swollen ankles at the end of each day, so i raised my legs in bed at night and they go away in the morning, but in the morning now i get swollen fingers when i get outta bed! can feel the swell in the joints...