EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

nope, but i get swollen ankles at the end of each day, so i raised my legs in bed at night and they go away in the morning, but in the morning now i get swollen fingers when i get outta bed! can feel the swell in the joints...

Oh gosh.. i'm reaching 30th week soon.. getting nervous..

Lingz12

felicity:672993 said:
nope, but i get swollen ankles at the end of each day, so i raised my legs in bed at night and they go away in the morning, but in the morning now i get swollen fingers when i get outta bed! can feel the swell in the joints...
Felicity, u are lucky as compared to me already.. My fingers and feet are perpetually swollen now.. Propping feet up, compression socks, red bean soup, barley dun seem to work for me.. So I have given up.. Just count down to the day that bb comes and all these excess water goes away.. :D

By the way.. U girls have constipation? I have very bad constipation this week.. No amount of fruits or vege seems to help.. And I drank more water than usual.. I'm so constipated that I wan to cry sometimes.. The feeling of sth stuck inside is really bad.. And I'm afraid to push too much.. So yest I tried prune juice and it managed to move the bowels a bit.. But still feel v bloated inside.. Very sad..

DiceWee

Hi,

I have signed up with Cordlife for my baby.

Anyone want to sign up with Cordlife at Baby Expo on 20 July 2012? If I refer you as friend, we each get $100 shopping voucher.

Do email me at dizzyd3280@gmail.com
Have a good day.

Hi Huilee,

Beside the 100 dollars shopping voucher, what other promotion they have at the road show. Do you know? Thanks:)

felicity

Felicity, u are lucky as compared to me already.. My fingers and feet are perpetually swollen now.. Propping feet up, compression socks, red bean soup, barley dun seem to work for me.. So I have given up.. Just count down to the day that bb comes and all these excess water goes away.. :D

By the way.. U girls have constipation? I have very bad constipation this week.. No amount of fruits or vege seems to help.. And I drank more water than usual.. I'm so constipated that I wan to cry sometimes.. The feeling of sth stuck inside is really bad.. And I'm afraid to push too much.. So yest I tried prune juice and it managed to move the bowels a bit.. But still feel v bloated inside.. Very sad..
i guess i'm lucky bah. i slp w raised legs wake up ankles will be fine... will swell again after half a day...

i dun hv constipation problem so far (i don't eat meat, does that help?) but i will push very hard when go toilet >< cos not hard but very... ermmm... sticky? *yikes sorry* like don't push will be stuck not in not out v uncomfy... so always try to push till clear... but not painful or wat, only need to push... sometimes push so hard till can feel the bump contracting ><

and i don't hv stretchmarks because i'm still so flabby at my bump! can pinch up layer of fats between my fingers de... still got allowance to stretch. belly button still stuck inside the layer of fats too... i go prenatal class all the ladies can see their belly buttons popping out one. i'm too fat!!

Uttmama

Hi Lingz12

Kiwi helps, try some and it gives you a good boost of vit. C as well. I have big problem with constipation during my first trimester and needed to adminster glycerin suppository and it wasn't good to be over-reliant on medication. Found kiwi to be a fantastic option and I have been taking it at least twice a week. Grapes are good option too.

Hope it helps!

Lingz12

Uttmama:673193 said:
Hi Lingz12

Kiwi helps, try some and it gives you a good boost of vit. C as well. I have big problem with constipation during my first trimester and needed to adminster glycerin suppository and it wasn't good to be over-reliant on medication. Found kiwi to be a fantastic option and I have been taking it at least twice a week. Grapes are good option too.

Hope it helps!
Thanks for the recommendation! Maybe I will give kiwi a try.. :D

Pinky32

Thanks for the recommendation! Maybe I will give kiwi a try.. :D
I was having constipation during week early 20+. I was having piles as well (with minor bleeding). It was painful and it took ~2weeks to heal.

My remedy now to prevent constipation is to eat fruits with high fibers ~EVERYDAY. I am eating fruits like apple, guava, kiwi and grapes. Eat prunes or drink prunes juice will helps a lot too. With this diet, so far I am doing good, constipation-free (touchwood) :)

Kary2500

Lingz - Try drinking warm water through the day and alot of milk... Also as soon as you wake up each morning a big glass of water...

Did any of you lovely ladies go to the baby expo thats happening this weekend at expo? I still have alot of things to buy, so hoping I can get alot of it at the expo, going tomorrow morning.

Kary2500

Are you mummies gonna use cloth diapers for your babies or the disposable ones? Am still not sure which one to use... Tried searching for the reusable diapers and found g market is the most reasonable...

Lingz12

Pinky32:673299 said:
My remedy now to prevent constipation is to eat fruits with high fibers ~EVERYDAY. I am eating fruits like apple, guava, kiwi and grapes. Eat prunes or drink prunes juice will helps a lot too. With this diet, so far I am doing good, constipation-free (touchwood) :)
I eat apple's almost everyday.. Doesn't really help.. But the prune juice helped a bit.. Maybe I should continue with that and try kiwi too.. Hopefully bowels will move more smoothly after tat.. Constipation is just yucky! :(

Lingz12

Kary2500:673312 said:
Are you mummies gonna use cloth diapers for your babies or the disposable ones? Am still not sure which one to use... Tried searching for the reusable diapers and found g market is the most reasonable...
Hi Kary.. I bought the ones from gmarket.. Super cheap.. Less than 10 bucks each.. But I must say the material is different.. Not as thick as the one I saw at motherhood fair earlier (but that cost 30 bucks la).. 一分钱一分货 I think.. Intending to let bb try gmarket's first.. If they can hold up, I will buy more.. :D

Lingz12

Hi mummies.. Do u all buy separate teats for ur bbs? I bought the steriliser and breast pump earlier and both came with free bottles.. I'm now thinking of buying separate teats for these bottles to avoid nipple confusion.. But not too sure which brands are good.. Any recommendations? :D

Kary2500

Hi Kary.. I bought the ones from gmarket.. Super cheap.. Less than 10 bucks each.. But I must say the material is different.. Not as thick as the one I saw at motherhood fair earlier (but that cost 30 bucks la).. 一分钱一分货 I think.. Intending to let bb try gmarket's first.. If they can hold up, I will buy more.. :D
Im gonna try those too... Isetan also sells the cloth diapers for 30 bucks... How many do you think we need for the start?

Lingz12

Kary2500:673325 said:
Im gonna try those too... Isetan also sells the cloth diapers for 30 bucks... How many do you think we need for the start?
Hmm.. Not too sure how many we need but I bought 2 to just try try.. Dun wan to buy too much cos if bb dun like then super waste money.. I have got lots of cloth nappies too, so should b enuff for the moment.. Hee..

Gnet

Lingz - Try drinking warm water through the day and alot of milk... Also as soon as you wake up each morning a big glass of water...

Did any of you lovely ladies go to the baby expo thats happening this weekend at expo? I still have alot of things to buy, so hoping I can get alot of it at the expo, going tomorrow morning.
I went to expo just now. Not as many things as the previous Motherhood fair. Lots of baby clothes thou.. I would say Taka baby fair got more things to see.

Kary2500

I went to expo just now. Not as many things as the previous Motherhood fair. Lots of baby clothes thou.. I would say Taka baby fair got more things to see.
Thanks gnet!! Will go chk it out tomm.. N I've not got too many clothes fr the baby, so hope I can get some tomm..

rosemummy

Ling Mummy,

I have been taking oats blended with ensure milk since I was preggy. I am 33 weeks and 3 days now. This works well for me.
Yes I also have swollen feet! Need to buy fit flop sandals this week cos I can't squeeze into my working shoes anymore! :(

felicity

today went for gynae appt and after that i received an envelope with an admission form inside... i was told that i must bring it everywhere i go... the girl told me it's my 'passport' now... i believe it's the 'passport' to Thomson Medical Center delivery suite? :p

went taka baby fair after that... bought combi miracle turn at $566.10 and some other stuff like pigeon baby wipes.

pigeon 3-in-1 sterilizer bundle set gg at $188 with bottles and pacifier and bottle brush etc in the bundle. avent steamer+blender bundle at $199, bundled with pillow and bolster, baby bowl and bottles. avent sterilizer bundle at $199 too, with bottles, pacifier, water bottle etc... combi at 10% off prices as tagged. has baby rompers going at $5 each, cute but didn't buy as i already have enough hands-me-down... other booths include fisher-price, mclauren and other stroller brands, baby cots and bathing stuff, toys, etc. didn't take note of the prices of pumps etc though...

Jofeny

During my confinement, I'm using cloth ones. N at night use disposable kind.

Use cloth de cos not I wash ma. CL wash. After CL left, I jus can't cope with laundry of so many diapers. ESP if there is shit on it. U need to soak n trust me, it's hard to get rid of it. n I realized using cloth de, the bb can't zz well, because they keep waking up throughout the day. Which I dun think is good. They shd zz throughout. At the end, I'm now using all disposable diapers.

To have abt 10 of the normal diaper cloth is good. Because the cloth can use to b bb pillow, blanket. or anything u need a clean layer (Example: rocker).

I didn't buy the "insert" for the new kind of diapers. Only bought the pants to wear for cloth diaper. I'm skeptical that it can really absorb very much longer than cloth n if it can really absorb very well, I prefer disposable kind cos I'm more convinced that will b dryer n hence prevent nappy rash.

Last edited:

Jofeny

Try not to buy too many 0-6 months clothes. I think abt 5-6 sets will do. They outgrow v fast. My bb at 2nd month is wearing 6months clothes already. N now 3 months, I bought all 12months clothings so that he can wear longer. Really dun waste money.