EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Jofeny

There r Many ways of doing. Some ppl use nursing bra + breast shells ($30?). Some ppl use nursing bra + breast pad.

During latching:
When u r latching the bb on one side of the breast, the other breast will start to leak. U can use nursing bra + breast shells to collect the milk at the leaking breast.

Or if u dun wan to buy breast shell, u can use pad to absorb the leaking milk (v waste of milk if u have low supply).

Or u have extra hand (hubby hand), u can position a container to collect the leaking milk.

During pumping:
If the nipple is not position properly or the funnel has some water vapor (from sterilizing), sometimes your bm can backflow n your breast will b stained with your own bm.

Either way u r doing, milk is bound to leak or drop. Even till now as I pump using 2 funnels, some milk will flow down my body n stain my shorts as there r some milk at the funnel. Sometimes I will jus go shower to get rid of the smell.

Breast pad for me is excellent for everyday use. Jus like menses pad.. If it suddenly leak, it can absorb.. But if u r using pad to absorb the leaking milk while u r bf, the leakage (when u r feeding another breast) can b quite a lot. I guess when the tap is on, the both sides jus flow.. I ever ask my hubby to collect the leaking milk while I'm latching, it can go up to 30ml.

Jofeny

Wa... U where got so many hands!!! 2 hands carry to bf already v tiring..

1 hand carry n ensure bb is latched on.. N the other breast need to on pump, position the funnel.. That's super multi tasking!

Jofeny

Haha.. Really? Seriously impossible for me. I read that there r hands free pump. But during pumping, it's best to massage your breast to get more milk. So maybe it might b possible, but I think u might not b able to get the most out of everything.

felicity

Ya, some really super mummy! I rem saw one bfeed n cook!!

Now I'm starting to wobble... Seems like over the weekend bb has grown a lot!! Keep having urge to pee and walking w legs open to balance... Even colleagues ask is it v xinku to walk... I just reply... Very heavy!! ><

SKY2012

Hi Mummies, sorry to interrupt... I'm from Jul forum and currently doing my confinement. Well, I'm helping my CL to ask if anyone may need a CL. Free to come and self assess her as she will be wif me till 1st wk Aug. I'm helping her out of good will and no obligation. Thks.

purpur

Btw, any other add on symptoms other than water bag burst, contraction & showing before delivery.. so scare n I m counting down each day although my edd is end of sep .. Lols

felicity

Jofeny thanks... i feel so heavy now. very funny some students came to ask me how i feel when pregnant... i say i feel heavy, then they say... the other teacher bluff them! she say all pregnant women will say they feel happy!! hahaha... but i've been walking the entire day... tired from being so heavy! :p typically in one work day the amt of stairs i take (i counted upwards only, equal and opposite for downwards i guess) adds up to almost 20+ to 30 floors!!

hee purpur.. mine is 2 sept, in 6 weeks! i'm counting down too~ i walk a lot at work and many of my colleagues gave birth in 37th week... made me v anxious now cos i took maternity leave from 39th week only and i still hv tonnes of work to clear b4 i go!!! i dun wan to be setting exam papers during confinement ><

Haha.. Really? Seriously impossible for me. I read that there r hands free pump. But during pumping, it's best to massage your breast to get more milk. So maybe it might b possible, but I think u might not b able to get the most out of everything.
Ya some of them using those hands free pump, better than let the milk leaked and be thrown away i guess..

Jofeny thanks... i feel so heavy now. very funny some students came to ask me how i feel when pregnant... i say i feel heavy, then they say... the other teacher bluff them! she say all pregnant women will say they feel happy!! hahaha... but i've been walking the entire day... tired from being so heavy! :p typically in one work day the amt of stairs i take (i counted upwards only, equal and opposite for downwards i guess) adds up to almost 20+ to 30 floors!!

hee purpur.. mine is 2 sept, in 6 weeks! i'm counting down too~ i walk a lot at work and many of my colleagues gave birth in 37th week... made me v anxious now cos i took maternity leave from 39th week only and i still hv tonnes of work to clear b4 i go!!! i dun wan to be setting exam papers during confinement ><

Oh gosh.. 20+ to 30 floors?!?!!! You should be having a really easy labor.. i hope you do, u deserve it for walking and climbing stairs that much!!! I'm planning to take an evening stroll daily too, but during those prenatal classes, mrs wong told us to just wait until like 35-36th wk to walk like a dog to avoid some chances of early delivery..

lizzy2101

With your walking up and down the stairs you'll be more likely give birth by 38 weeks :p did walk alot up andmdown with my first and gave birth at 38 wks, 2nd one was so lazy to move so i gave birth at 40 weeks ( on my edd ) 3rd one idk cos i only walk very seldom. :p but better to give birth 38 weeks than 37 as the baby not fully develop by that week. And also they said giving birth at 38 weeks baby tend to sleep more than 40 weeks. Lol ;)

Jofeny

U jus challenge the kids to jus tie a sack of 5kg rice to their tummy wherever they go.. Up n down the steps.. Haha..

If you're going to do those very traditional kind of confinement period (bathe with ginger herbs only), so after delivery, do you still bathe with normal water? I've read some birth stories for normal delivery whereby they said after delivery whole body sweaty and hair super sticky and they bathe the next day or right after they rest enough. As for c sect moms, they just wipe the body after the whole op and bathe only on 2nd or 3rd day depending on recovery phase.

I always thought that after delivery we are no longer allowed to bathe, at least not with normal water. So do you all bring the herbs to hospital to bathe or just wait until you go back home and bathe (meaning no bathing in hospital at all)?

Totally confused on all this.. advise advise pls...

Jofeny

Ya some of them using those hands free pump, better than let the milk leaked and be thrown away i guess..
Well.. Is all choices of how you wish to proceed... I dun have any frens using hands free though, so duno how effective it is n also the price too.. I doubt it will b cheap..

Jofeny

If you're going to do those very traditional kind of confinement period (bathe with ginger herbs only), so after delivery, do you still bathe with normal water? I've read some birth stories for normal delivery whereby they said after delivery whole body sweaty and hair super sticky and they bathe the next day or right after they rest enough. As for c sect moms, they just wipe the body after the whole op and bathe only on 2nd or 3rd day depending on recovery phase.

I always thought that after delivery we are no longer allowed to bathe, at least not with normal water. So do you all bring the herbs to hospital to bathe or just wait until you go back home and bathe (meaning no bathing in hospital at all)?

Totally confused on all this.. advise advise pls...
I did my c sect in apr.

I'm not those strict follower of the Chinese traditions. In hospital I din bring any herbs. In hospital they will jus wipe u with normal water. The first 2 days u can forget abt wiping yourself as it's quite impossible for u to bend. U wun b the one boiling herbs as well in hospital if u wan to use herb water. If u wan to b so strict, u might need to get your family to boil the herbs n bring to the hospital a day before. I'm at TMC, their wiping timing for patients is abt 7am. Maybe u can get the nurse to use your herb water instead if normal water.

The c sect wound will b pasted with a plaster which is water resistance until 1 weeks after your c sect.

For me i only wipe in hospital n bathe with herbs at home. Else too Many things to handle la girl. First few days will b so bombarded with the pain of the wound, baby, flocks of relatives, new n uncomfy hospital bed, ensure got latch n if milk is coming, trying new pump, learn to understand y bb is crying.... I jus want to go home.. Bathe with herbs is the last thing on my mind.

sapphire

Yeah.. I oso wan to ask wen shld we be buying nursing bras? I rem reading somewhere that we shld wait till 1mth before delivery cos boobs will be more or less tat size.. Issit true? Also where can we buy those nursing bras?

I got mine at OG King Albert cos can no longer fit in my normal bra.... they have 100% cotton ones which are quite comfy and rather cheap at around $12-$30 each... We can probably start getting them but make sure that the bra fits comfortably with the inner-most bra catch, so that there is room as our boobs enlarge later on...

I did my c sect in apr.

I'm not those strict follower of the Chinese traditions. In hospital I din bring any herbs. In hospital they will jus wipe u with normal water. The first 2 days u can forget abt wiping yourself as it's quite impossible for u to bend. U wun b the one boiling herbs as well in hospital if u wan to use herb water. If u wan to b so strict, u might need to get your family to boil the herbs n bring to the hospital a day before. I'm at TMC, their wiping timing for patients is abt 7am. Maybe u can get the nurse to use your herb water instead if normal water.

The c sect wound will b pasted with a plaster which is water resistance until 1 weeks after your c sect.

For me i only wipe in hospital n bathe with herbs at home. Else too Many things to handle la girl. First few days will b so bombarded with the pain of the wound, baby, flocks of relatives, new n uncomfy hospital bed, ensure got latch n if milk is coming, trying new pump, learn to understand y bb is crying.... I jus want to go home.. Bathe with herbs is the last thing on my mind.

Thanks for sharing.. I'm not so sure what to do too. I guess when doing c sect our movement will be quite restricted too. I do think it will be quite troublesome to bathe with herbs water even during hospital stay, especially if you are sharing rooms with other moms, they might not be so understanding if the whole bathroom later will smell like herbs or ginger (will it smell btw??).

Jofeny

My view is forget abt bathing with herbs in hospital. To ask family to carry your shower water to hospital is not that light anyway. n first of all, hospital puts u in air con room, if u wan to b that strict, u need to off the aircon already. If they really want to carry water for u, perhaps ask then to boil the red date n ginger for u to drink is better i guess.

The herbs I bought is 大风something. It's those ready packed (like those instant coffee kind), jus throw in water n boil. To me the smell is quite ok, smell like grass jelly. but I'm sure there will b some ppl wun like it.