EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Jofeny

I was actually thinking of washing all the baby clothes with the regular detergent, but just use less detergent in the machine and increase the water level to high...
I would suggest try to use the bb detergent at least for 1 month. Buy a bottle n use? Bb skin is v sensitive I think might b good to wash all properly first then after a while, change to your normal detergent. N see if there is any rashes or what.

From my experience, u dun need to use a lot of bb detergent. My bb is 4 months now. I only finishing a bottle of kodomo. I think trollyjoy is cheaper if u r concern abt the price. Pigeon super ex.

The bb detergent in my opinion is quite good. I think the reason y it's so exp is because it can remove v stubborn stain (bb shit. Sometimes the shit will stain on the clothes). U jus soak with some detergent over night n next day wash, the stain will b totally gone.

Though strong I think it shd b more "edible" n harmless to bb. Mine is starting to bite on any cloth n bib, wash cloth that comes in his way.. So if normal detergent I think might b more harmful.

Kary2500

I would suggest try to use the bb detergent at least for 1 month. Buy a bottle n use? Bb skin is v sensitive I think might b good to wash all properly first then after a while, change to your normal detergent. N see if there is any rashes or what.

From my experience, u dun need to use a lot of bb detergent. My bb is 4 months now. I only finishing a bottle of kodomo. I think trollyjoy is cheaper if u r concern abt the price. Pigeon super ex.

The bb detergent in my opinion is quite good. I think the reason y it's so exp is because it can remove v stubborn stain (bb shit. Sometimes the shit will stain on the clothes). U jus soak with some detergent over night n next day wash, the stain will b totally gone.

Though strong I think it shd b more "edible" n harmless to bb. Mine is starting to bite on any cloth n bib, wash cloth that comes in his way.. So if normal detergent I think might b more harmful.
Now when you put it in that way, it actually makes sense to buy the baby detergent.. I guess I'll just go get it today, cos I plan on washing all the clothes over the weekend.

Omg if I have to go in early I will just run to the hosp with the pre registration hospital forms and let my hubby pack my bag and bring... My hosp is very close to my house so no worries.. Even I'm scared to pack early like Lingz said, I feel baby will think I'm ready and come already..

When the water bag breaks will it be like we want to pee or will it just flow out and we won't have any control? Sometimes I have so much of discharge keep wondering if it's my water bag leaking, cos I hav no control of that and have started using pads now..

I think differs from people to people. My colleague's experience was just dripping bit by bit, but of course u cant control it like peeing. but using a pad still can sustain the water. As for my mum and this person i was talking about, i think their case was pretty much the same. the water just flow and flow like waterfall.. lolz..

Some people the mucus plug will come out first and then water burst.. but this person is the other way round..

reiann

Thanks Piglim for the website! I was about to buy three nursing bras from a SG website that cost about $18 each!
Which brand did you buy that you found comfy when you tried them on?

Kary: even if you are weeks away, you could always pack your hospital bag now. you never know, really. An acquaintance of mine had a premature baby (about 2 months!) and that was a shock. you never know!

Also, I WILL be travelling in December with my baby. It would be relatively long flights. THanks Piglim for sharing, but I really think it's very rare for a baby to get that sick. as long as the baby is relatively healthy, why not? in fact, it's the best time to travel as they're still a baby - apparently wait till they start to walk! the ages of 2 - 3 are the worst for travelling, I heard. young babies are no fuss..

Thanks Piglim for the website! I was about to buy three nursing bras from a SG website that cost about $18 each!
Which brand did you buy that you found comfy when you tried them on?

Kary: even if you are weeks away, you could always pack your hospital bag now. you never know, really. An acquaintance of mine had a premature baby (about 2 months!) and that was a shock. you never know!

Also, I WILL be travelling in December with my baby. It would be relatively long flights. THanks Piglim for sharing, but I really think it's very rare for a baby to get that sick. as long as the baby is relatively healthy, why not? in fact, it's the best time to travel as they're still a baby - apparently wait till they start to walk! the ages of 2 - 3 are the worst for travelling, I heard. young babies are no fuss..

hmm if u confirm to go vaccation which requires long flight, maybe it's best if u vaccinate your baby before the flight? just to be safe i feel.. by then ur baby should be around 3months+ alrd..

i know that some moms even bring their baby on long flights from USA to china or taiwan, when baby was just a 10 days old. Not even a month old. If you can breastfeed exclusively i think bringing the baby out on dec is okay provided baby also healthy..

but i dunno, it;s just my thoughts. coz i got no plan to bring baby on plane that early.. just trying to put the situation on my shoes.. hehehhe..

nlipeng

hie everyone...i'm new to this thread.... my due date is 09/01...so now it's waiting time..... i'm a little bit nervous, but am all prepped up for natural birth and will go without epidural....fingers crossed...

:)

Kary2500

I think differs from people to people. My colleague's experience was just dripping bit by bit, but of course u cant control it like peeing. but using a pad still can sustain the water. As for my mum and this person i was talking about, i think their case was pretty much the same. the water just flow and flow like waterfall.. lolz..

Some people the mucus plug will come out first and then water burst.. but this person is the other way round..
I just hope I know when to go to the hospital when I have to... I have also read about the mucus plug coming out first, and for some the mucus plug comes out just a little before the baby is born. Like sometimes its a bloody mucus and sometimes its just a big glob of white discharge, more like a snotty discharge. I dont even know what to expect from contractions, cos I have neever had menstrual cramps... I just know that if the stomach hurts in intervals that may be an indication to go to the hospital.

felicity

Oh my felicity, em feet really swollen! Soak ur feet with warm water and salt. Put cold foot gel or cream after or massage with aromatheraphy oil but best if lavender for cooling effects. Lucky I dont have probs like that, my partner massage my feet once a week :) and i always put up feet before going to bed....
nice! :D i gave up asking my hubby to massage for me... he just anyhow press press 30 secs say it's done, and i dun even feel anything... tell him press harder or longer like want his life like that. give up...

felicity

Can i suggest to pack your hosp bag earlier?!

Just now someone in my fb group just posted that her water bag burst and she's only 34 wks!! I cant imagine if it's happened to me and i'm caught unprepared. and her water bag burst not like drippy or anything, she said it's like a fish tank burst out! alot alot of water, until the nurse in hosp also shocked to see her. She's now in labour ward, hopefully everything is okay..
mine is packed in week 33~34 i think... my hubby v ganjiong, keep pestering me to pack and throw in his car already...

my colleague told me when water bag break will be like 'flush toilet' a lot of water gush out... told me to wear pad but i nv wear, i only bringing along...

Kary2500

Piglim - How did you know what size to buy when you bought your nursing bras?

Reiann - Yea I'm thinking of packing too, for now I have just kept things ready need to just put it in the bag. only baby clothes have to be washed over this weekend, and then I'll be ready :) One of my friends also travelled with her baby when her daughter was just 15 days old, and it was a 10 - 12 hour flight, the airline was a little skeptical to allow her, but because she was a doctor she told them that she will take care of her if anything happens.. And she had no choice so was forced to travel. But the baby was fine and is now about 2 years and has travelled sooo many times since then, all on journeys of more than 10 hours.

nlipeng - Welcome to the Sept mommies group!!! Your edd is soo close now!! Good luck with everything... Please share your birth story once your baby arrives. My edd is on Sept 24th, and even I am planning on going natural without epi, but at that time if the pain takes over, I will choose epi without even thinking twice.

I just hope I know when to go to the hospital when I have to... I have also read about the mucus plug coming out first, and for some the mucus plug comes out just a little before the baby is born. Like sometimes its a bloody mucus and sometimes its just a big glob of white discharge, more like a snotty discharge. I dont even know what to expect from contractions, cos I have neever had menstrual cramps... I just know that if the stomach hurts in intervals that may be an indication to go to the hospital.

yaa i'm nervous too.. i was actually planning to linger around the house a while rather than straight away going hospital. I thought for first time mom, our labour will most likely be very long and we still have time to actually bathe n eat before going hospital. i was thinking go there also most probably wait to dilate, somemore i dont like hospital smell, makes me wanna vomit. so i'd rather be at home, more comfortable..

but during my class with wbb, she shared how one of her patient also thinking the same way like i do until she attended her class. because she taught the students that we can wait at home, but not too long. when the contraction is 15-20mins apart, better to go hospital, that's the latest waiting limit. so when this person's water burst, all her friends keep saying just relax at home first, no point to go hosp now coz most likely she will be strapped into machines and just rest on the bed. while it's better to walk around to assist in dilation.. but she go to hosp immediately anyway..

turned out, her umbilical cord was stuck on her cervix, if she comes late to hospital half an hour later, her baby wont be able to survive. she went for immed c section for this case if i remember correctly..

felicity

hie everyone...i'm new to this thread.... my due date is 09/01...so now it's waiting time..... i'm a little bit nervous, but am all prepped up for natural birth and will go without epidural....fingers crossed...

mine too!!! i'm in my 38 weeks...and all of sudden, red lines appear last week.....i'm soooo sad....
hi! i'm due 2 sep ^^ i wish for natural without epi too! but now bb v big, making me v scared >< how heavy is ur bb? and stretchmarks recently appear and more starting to creep out of my bump :(

nlipeng

Kary, yeap...i will sure share my news to all of you....have missed out so many conversations u all are having....
my hubby insists to have Epi on standby so that if i change my mind, we have that option... ahahahahahah...... lol...well, here goes counting down

mine is packed in week 33~34 i think... my hubby v ganjiong, keep pestering me to pack and throw in his car already...

my colleague told me when water bag break will be like 'flush toilet' a lot of water gush out... told me to wear pad but i nv wear, i only bringing along...

hahha different people different one.. for my mum, she said when her water burst like crazy.. she can barely stand, not to say walk. the pain is sooo unbearable she said. my dad had to carry her to the car and carry her out to hospital all way inside.. she said both me and my brother was same sympthoms..

but my colleague.. drippy drippy only she said, like menstruation like that.. just that this is liquid not blood.. lolz.. my other colleague, blood stain.. hahahaha

i dunno which one mine gonna be, i hope this kinda thing is not genetic one.. i dont wanna look like waterfall in office or worst, on train!!!

Jofeny

Young babies are no fuss? *blink blink*

For me, I think it's bad enough! Haha... Because they dun understand what u say.. They fuss n they jus cry.. U can't really coax them with a sweet or what.. Ok, maybe milk..

Till date, my max trip out with bb is 2hrs. After 2 hrs he is so grouchy that me n hubby can't take it, we will just head home.

Perhaps 2-3 years is worse, that I Duno. Haha.

My Fren jus took her 4 months old bb to Thailand. She said the trip to Thailand was ok, but the return trip got air turbulence n her bb is so scared n cried n cried non stop the 2 hrs.

She went with her family so she say relatively ok. Cos everyone take turn to carry the baby so each can enjoy a bit.

But still, all bb are different. Mine is a little extreme (noisy n v scared of hot), so hopefully yours will b ok for u to enjoy the trip.

nlipeng

my baby was 3kg during my last check up 2 weeks ago...i guess now should be around 3.2kg..my gynae doesn't wanna see me weekly...hahahaha, told me to just go to hosp when the water breaks...
i'm scared my baby is too big for me too, i'm small frame and short... hahahahaha, around 1.53m only.....

my red lines appear near the navel part...yours all over? and how heavy is your baby now?

Kary2500

yaa i'm nervous too.. i was actually planning to linger around the house a while rather than straight away going hospital. I thought for first time mom, our labour will most likely be very long and we still have time to actually bathe n eat before going hospital. i was thinking go there also most probably wait to dilate, somemore i dont like hospital smell, makes me wanna vomit. so i'd rather be at home, more comfortable..

but during my class with wbb, she shared how one of her patient also thinking the same way like i do until she attended her class. because she taught the students that we can wait at home, but not too long. when the contraction is 15-20mins apart, better to go hospital, that's the latest waiting limit. so when this person's water burst, all her friends keep saying just relax at home first, no point to go hosp now coz most likely she will be strapped into machines and just rest on the bed. while it's better to walk around to assist in dilation.. but she go to hosp immediately anyway..

turned out, her umbilical cord was stuck on her cervix, if she comes late to hospital half an hour later, her baby wont be able to survive. she went for immed c section for this case if i remember correctly..
Even I have thought of doing the same thing. But now when you talk about the baby's safety, I think its better to just go get checked. Cos most hospitals, atleast what I have read in the June and July mommies groups, have written if they went too early to the hospital the nurses gave them the option to go home and labor and come back when the contractions are closer.

And while everyone keeps saying for the first baby it will take very long, I have read some first time mommies have delivered quite fast. One of my friends who was a FTM, delivered last year, and she just had an uncomfortable feeling in her stomach which she thought was the regular normal thing, right from the afternoon till late evening, and much later when it started hurting and it kept coming and going, she went to the hospital.. She delivered in three hours time from her reaching the hospital and had no time for epidural too..

Jofeny

My advise to mummies Is to go to hospital once you feel the pain. U wun know if your bb is a gan jiong spider or not.

My Fren first labour was 2.5hrs. She walked herself into mount A at 6am. By 830am her bb is out. First bb. She only felt sudden contractions n bb jus decide to come immediately. She was considering to take epi or not. N when she wanted it, the nurses say too late. The Gynae was late lor. The bb is out before he arrived.

Anything is possible.

The contractions will b fast but surely got time for a 10min shower. If u r worried u can't shower for the next 1 month, I think pop into a quick shower shd b ok. Then arm yourself with bread n eat on the way to hospital. Oh ya, some mummies advised to drink chicken essence so u got strength to push. Haha.

hi nlipeng,

welcome!! wahhh ur edd is so near alrd... maybe u and felicity will deliver at the same time.. you guys are so near with each other.. hehehhe