EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

DiceWee

Ohhh... i've heard that they can give us tour too.. i totally forgot about it.. That would be a gud idea i think..

btw, do you know any spree on-going here for baby clothes from USA or breast pump or sterilizer etc?? I havent bought any of those yettt... just keep browsing and browsing and browsing only...

Err. i don't know about that. me too nvr buy anything except baby stroller & playpen. We've got some baby clothes from one of my hubby's colleague & my mum, sister also mentioned they wil buy for me :p I got this website from a friend & he said they sell quite a lot of cheap baby stuff. You can check it too Baby Superstore

Err. i don't know about that. me too nvr buy anything except baby stroller & playpen. We've got some baby clothes from one of my hubby's colleague & my mum, sister also mentioned they wil buy for me :p I got this website from a friend & he said they sell quite a lot of cheap baby stuff. You can check it too Baby Superstore
Thanks for the website.. will check it out.. :001_302:

DiceWee

Oh dear... please do have enough rest and please please take some time off for your baby and yourself. Dont exhaust your body because you still have to prepare your health (and stamina if you are deliver normal) for delivery and after delivery.

Frankly, i didnt gain much too. I'm quite petite, before preg, my weight was kinda normal i guess, maybe more to a lil bit underweight. First tri-sem, i lost near to 3kg, and around 16 wks i tried to gain back at least the weight i've lost. So until now, at 17wks, my weight is still around the same as before preg.

I've read some online articles that by right you should gain at least 0.5kg every week if you had normal BMI level before preg. But if you are overweight, i think it's okay if you gain slightly lesser.

Until now, my apetite also not really crazy. What i really crave on is home cooked food, totally free from msg and all those unhealthy seasoning. I cant cook, so i have to wait for my mum to come or go to my MIL to have some home cooked food. I ate like crazy when i was in my MIL house.. lol.

Hi Felicity & Eeneyminey,

I thought usually pregnant women sure will gain a lot of weight.. After saw your posts i am quite worry that am i gain too much, already gain about 6kg for 20 weeks....:( Or maybe becuz i am meat-lover? I eat a lot of rice & meat.

Hi Felicity & Eeneyminey,

I thought usually pregnant women sure will gain a lot of weight.. After saw your posts i am quite worry that am i gain too much, already gain about 6kg for 20 weeks....:( Or maybe becuz i am meat-lover? I eat a lot of rice & meat.

Dont worry, i also think i should have gained alot. My friend gained 10kg by 5th month.. Just that for my case, i really no apetite.. I've been trying to eat more pork for the iron contains.. Other than that, i mostly eat chicken meat and fish sometimes.. As for rice, i've become very picky on rice right now. Because i dont cook, so if i eat outside and the rice not hot and soft enough, i wont feel like eating.. so mostly now i eat noodles and beehoon..

DiceWee

Hi DiceWee, my edd is on 07 Sep too! I have yet to choose the room at Thomson Medical Centre. Any advice?
Hi Brenbelle,

Wow if both of us give birth on the same day we will probably see each other at the waiting room! :Dancing_tongue:I want my husband & baby to stay overnight so i've decided to take the single-bedded or Premier Room. Since we can claim a little bit from medisave, why not just top up a bit more + more privacy, right:) Would you like to go for a hospital tour to check out their room?

Brenbelle

Hi Brenbelle,

Wow if both of us give birth on the same day we will probably see each other at the waiting room! :Dancing_tongue:I want my husband & baby to stay overnight so i've decided to take the single-bedded or Premier Room. Since we can claim a little bit from medisave, why not just top up a bit more + more privacy, right:) Would you like to go for a hospital tour to check out their room?
Hi DiceWee,

Yes, maybe we stay beside each other! Please identify yourself if you do. Yup, would certainly like to take a tour around the rooms, how do we enquire? Call TMC hotline to enquire?

sapphire

Hi all.. gynae is 90% confident baby is going to be a boy boy.. =P But I guess will have to wait till the detailed scan to be really sure...

Mummies.. are ur babies active when you r doing the ultrasounds?? Mine seems to be snoozing all the time.. except for a few hiccupping jumps but then he's quite still... heartbeat is normal.. doc always seems to scan very fast and says everything normal.... Does the time of the scan makes a difference? I always do the scans between 12pm and 2pm... always early part of the day... Also, can you all feel ur babies movements already??? I still can't feel anything yet...

I did a urine test just Monday and just received a call from the clinic saying something wrong with the urine.. could have some bacteria infection and have to do the test again just to be sure... very worrying... cos she said infection is not good... may lead to miscarriage....... could it be UTI?? geesh.. this is so worrying and frightening.... All i really wish is for baby to be safe and healthy...

DiceWee

Hi DiceWee,

Yes, maybe we stay beside each other! Please identify yourself if you do. Yup, would certainly like to take a tour around the rooms, how do we enquire? Call TMC hotline to enquire?
Yup i think so. I'm going to call them tomorrow to fix the date on 3 weeks later, the same day right before check-out. Hopefully they able with the timing i want.

Melly

Thanks Melly. Ive gone for my Amnio Test on 12 May and everything turns out fine so am I right to say that I do not need to go for another detailed scan/oscar test again??
Oops, sorry to post so late then... Glad to know your amnio test results are normal. I went for amnio too & am anxiously waiting results in May. Yes you are right to say no need to do the OSCAR scan...I specifically asked my gynae. He said I can if I still want to be kiasu (but he sounded like "if you wanna waste more money then go ahead").

So my & hubby decided not to spend the extra $$$ and buy better baby stuff for our little princess :)

Melly

Hi Sapphire,
Congrats on your baby boy! I am 20 weeks & having baby girl. Baby is initially snoozing when doc start the ultrasound but she will "wake up" and then start moving arms & legs like dancing until the doc can't snap a good & clear pic of her. Haha! I go to gynae at various times, 9am, 2pm, 4pm, but always the same results. And yes, I can feel my baby movements through the day.
PS. hope your urine test result isn't so bad...

Hi all.. gynae is 90% confident baby is going to be a boy boy.. =P But I guess will have to wait till the detailed scan to be really sure...

Mummies.. are ur babies active when you r doing the ultrasounds?? Mine seems to be snoozing all the time.. except for a few hiccupping jumps but then he's quite still... heartbeat is normal.. doc always seems to scan very fast and says everything normal.... Does the time of the scan makes a difference? I always do the scans between 12pm and 2pm... always early part of the day... Also, can you all feel ur babies movements already??? I still can't feel anything yet...

I did a urine test just Monday and just received a call from the clinic saying something wrong with the urine.. could have some bacteria infection and have to do the test again just to be sure... very worrying... cos she said infection is not good... may lead to miscarriage....... could it be UTI?? geesh.. this is so worrying and frightening.... All i really wish is for baby to be safe and healthy...

mflee1312

Thats very true. Due to my age, my gynae advised me to do amnio test instead of wasting $$ on oscar. Paid ard S$2500.00 and got my results within 24/7 (which is 97% accuracy, balance 3% will have to wait til mid May).

So when's your EDD??
Oops, sorry to post so late then... Glad to know your amnio test results are normal. I went for amnio too & am anxiously waiting results in May. Yes you are right to say no need to do the OSCAR scan...I specifically asked my gynae. He said I can if I still want to be kiasu (but he sounded like "if you wanna waste more money then go ahead").

So my & hubby decided not to spend the extra $$$ and buy better baby stuff for our little princess :)

Kary2500

Hey everyone.. I just joined this group... I'm pregnant for the first time, currently in the 18th week and my baby is due in the last week of September..

I have moved to Singapore about 4 months back with my husband and was just wondering if I could get some advise or reviews on giving birth at the Parkway East Hospital. I've been meeting with Dr.Roland Chieng, he's been really patient and nice through all our visits, with answering all our questions and explaining how things work.

I also want to know if its too early to start buying baby things... This being our first baby, we cant wait to start baby shopping. And could anyone who's had babies before tell me what are the things required for the start... Thanks all xoxo

Hi Sapphire,
Congrats on your baby boy! I am 20 weeks & having baby girl. Baby is initially snoozing when doc start the ultrasound but she will "wake up" and then start moving arms & legs like dancing until the doc can't snap a good & clear pic of her. Haha! I go to gynae at various times, 9am, 2pm, 4pm, but always the same results. And yes, I can feel my baby movements through the day.
PS. hope your urine test result isn't so bad...

Wow.. i feel so envy that you can feel your baby movements thru the day.. So far, i only felt my baby movement once, it felt so so good!!! All my suffering moments during the first trisem like all worth while.. hahhaha.. But i only felt that one time, when i was 16 wks. Now starting my 17th wk alrd, and i cant feel her..

During the 16th wk ultrascan, the baby moves around and like very active, then my hubby told me, "the baby so active like that, will she be very naughty when she born?? if a boy naughty still okay, but if a girl naughty how?!". After that i wonder if the baby sort of "know" what he meant and stop moving around.. huhuhuuhu...

I know it's ridiculous, but i cant help the thought occuring in my mind..

mflee1312

Hi Kary, I've started my baby shopping 2 weeks ago after knowing its gonna b a ger!!! lolxxxxx
Hey everyone.. I just joined this group... I'm pregnant for the first time, currently in the 18th week and my baby is due in the last week of September..

I have moved to Singapore about 4 months back with my husband and was just wondering if I could get some advise or reviews on giving birth at the Parkway East Hospital. I've been meeting with Dr.Roland Chieng, he's been really patient and nice through all our visits, with answering all our questions and explaining how things work.

I also want to know if its too early to start buying baby things... This being our first baby, we cant wait to start baby shopping. And could anyone who's had babies before tell me what are the things required for the start... Thanks all xoxo

sapphire

Wow.. i feel so envy that you can feel your baby movements thru the day.. So far, i only felt my baby movement once, it felt so so good!!! All my suffering moments during the first trisem like all worth while.. hahhaha.. But i only felt that one time, when i was 16 wks. Now starting my 17th wk alrd, and i cant feel her..

During the 16th wk ultrascan, the baby moves around and like very active, then my hubby told me, "the baby so active like that, will she be very naughty when she born?? if a boy naughty still okay, but if a girl naughty how?!". After that i wonder if the baby sort of "know" what he meant and stop moving around.. huhuhuuhu...

I know it's ridiculous, but i cant help the thought occuring in my mind..
Oh you could feel it in your 16th week? That is good right... My baby seems very quiet though... and even during ultrasounds he doesn't move.. looks to be snoozing all the time.... not active at all... I always have the impression active babies are great.. at least it's a sign of a healthy growing baby right? I will like to have an active baby... =)

mflee1312

im in my 19th week today and ive yet to feel my ger moving.... is it normal??
Oh you could feel it in your 16th week? That is good right... My baby seems very quiet though... and even during ultrasounds he doesn't move.. looks to be snoozing all the time.... not active at all... I always have the impression active babies are great.. at least it's a sign of a healthy growing baby right? I will like to have an active baby... =)

Yeah, i suspected it was the baby moving. It feels like there's bubles inside your tummy popping, something like there's gas there like when u feel hungry and ur tummy growling. But the feeling is slightly different than when u feel growling coz of hunger. Furthermore, that time i just had my afternoon snack and next 20mins i feel flutters inside my tummy. I thought i was hungry again but i actually feel full. And then i remembered that it might be the baby, since i've read some articles that the movement can feel like gas or hungry feeling..

Now i think back, maybe few weeks before that the baby moved alrd and i can feel it. just that i always thought i was hungry.. lolz..

So try to relax after you eat, normally the baby will be active after you eat. maybe before, you can feel it too but just that you thought it's gas..