EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

robinliz

Mummies, I bought the DryMama reusable pads during the expo and wish to buy more in bulk order. Any mummies keen to join in together? The pads are very soft and nice and does not shift and move.

Antibacterial, leak-proof and can evaporate moisture and dry itself within 30 mins to 2 hours.
Washable to save money. They having promotion now online.

DryMama Reusable Nursing Pads Home Page

You can email me at rlbvb@yahoo.com.sg if you wish to join in my bulk order together...

lizzy2101

why I just can avoid coffee during my this pregnancy.... Sigh!
As long as its decaf it's fne...i started drinking coffee again too at least 1a day but using decaf.. Have you tried himalayan tea latte in mc cafe? Its superb you wont ask for coffee :p

felicity

I stopped coffee since cny, until 2 weeks ago had a decaf cos was in hotel w my colleagues n hv free use of coffee machine so v tempted.. Luckily got one decaf de ^^

Oh the babyplus thingy not recommended by mrs Wong... I hv a galfriend who bought it and kinda recommend it... Her baby is v fast in learning but also v hyperactive she nv get to rest n she now say is because of this, but my other galfriends (same grp of friends) told me mrs wong doesn't recommend it so it's ok to do without also, and thats even b4 I go for my prenatal classes, n indeed mrs wong said it herself too when I was attending class. She said if want to use rem to use v softly cos the water inside will amplify the sounds and it will affect bb's hearing as bb's ears still v delicate... So I think can use but just rem to turn the vol v low?

As long as its decaf it's fne...i started drinking coffee again too at least 1a day but using decaf.. Have you tried himalayan tea latte in mc cafe? Its superb you wont ask for coffee :p

i LOVE LOVE LOVEEE the himalayan tea latte in mc cafe!!! But again, tea also caffeine.. huhuhuu

I still drink coffee but occasionally. Just few days ago i drank like half a cup of mocha. Actually i think coffee n caffeine wont really harm your baby like immediately. Caffeine can affect ur baby because it can go thru ur uterus, but i think if small amount is still okay..

If u wanna be very very particular, then milo, tea, chocs also cannot eat/drink because all have caffeine contents..

Last edited:

tealeaf

I think caffeine also hinders the nutrition absorption for the baby. But 1 glass a day should be ok.

I love himalayan ice blended at Mc Cafe. hehehe

Angel9

yes confinement nanny range from $2200 to $2800 this year. for both live in and day care. last year was about $500 to $1000 less than this year! mummies should consider doing DIY confinement. i have a DIY confinement book if you want. PM me. it's free! or if you need nanny, PM me also. i can recommend. i am not agent and don't get any commission from recommending...

Angel9

caffeine causes increased heart rate in baby. baby heart rate is already very fast. adding caffeine is not a good idea. sure there are articles saying its ok to have 1 coffee a day but the mummies who had coffee will give birth to low birth weight, hyperactive babies, early birth, etc etc...

Juan

I m taking those 3in1 coffee. But 1 packet split to two times , half packet for little cup, 2-3 days once... something I will take the Boh Tea also... just cannot tahan not to drink..

Angel9

yes i think maybe if you drink very weak tea, it is still ok. although tea also contains caffeine, the concentration is weaker and will yield more cups than coffee. the only problem with decaf is sometimes the decaf tea/coffee bag is made of bleached cloth/paper, which means there is chlorine, which is bad. so just check that it is unbleached paper/cloth used in making decaf.

i know people who smoke while pregnant and gave birth to "normal" kids, but it is only normal on the surface. when you dig deeper and when it goes to school, you will notice the difference... yes they look or act normal but they are not very clever or quick...

Moms.. need some advice..

I went to see my gynae yesterday and she said everything was normal with the baby and the uterus. I also didnt feel anything out of the ordinary. For the past few days for nearly a week or maybe more, before i went to see the gynae, baby keep kicking really strong and very very active.

But right after i'm finished seeing my gynae, i noticed that the baby kicks softer and like less active that before. Normally at night i can feel like she was doing some kungfu or swimming session inside, but for the past 2 nights i feel lesser movements and softer kicks. is this normal? considering she did still move around and kicked sometimes?

I read up about stillbirth stories 2 weeks ago and now i'm feeling really really worried that the baby might having problem inside (due to the lack of movements). As i'm typing this, i still can feel some kicks and movements, but again, real soft. As if she just nudged me instead of punching or kicking.

Does any of your gynae ask u to monitor the baby movements? I'm a bit worried coz mine didnt ask me to.

please advice.

felicity

eeneyminey, if u r worried maybe u can drop by ur gynae? it's always good to get reassurance. although i think maybe bb getting bigger so no more space for 'big actions'? continue to monitor bah... i think it's good to monitor... i think i read somewhere, to count the number of times bb move per hr at a fixed hr of the day everyday.. and see if got decrease... move as in any movement, no need big action one :p

this morning was in a traffic accident, freaked me out and got me worried sick for bb, cried all the way to tmc. luckily bb's okay, it's really reassuring to see bb's heart beating on ultrasound. i hope nothing suay like this ever happen again! :(

Kary2500

Eeneyminey - my baby's movements too are so hard like she's actually punching me on the inside and on some days it's just really gentle, like she's all lazy to move around.... I did get all worried about it too, cos I've read that if u don't feel the baby moving you need to check with the gynecologist... I told my doc about this and he said soft movements or hard movements it doesn't matter, cos you feel the baby move and that's what's important..

Kary2500

eeneyminey, if u r worried maybe u can drop by ur gynae? it's always good to get reassurance. although i think maybe bb getting bigger so no more space for 'big actions'? continue to monitor bah... i think it's good to monitor... i think i read somewhere, to count the number of times bb move per hr at a fixed hr of the day everyday.. and see if got decrease... move as in any movement, no need big action one :p

this morning was in a traffic accident, freaked me out and got me worried sick for bb, cried all the way to tmc. luckily bb's okay, it's really reassuring to see bb's heart beating on ultrasound. i hope nothing suay like this ever happen again! :(
Felicity - glad you and the baby are alright.... I would have been worried sick too.. Xoxo

Oh dear.. traffic accident?!?! Thank goodness u and the baby okay.. I think any expecting mum would be freaking out too..

I'm not sure if the baby is too big, because when i went to see the gynae over the weekend, she still say that actually for now, the baby still can move around quite freely inside. My baby only weigh 780gr and i'm 25 weeks preg now. Gynae said medium size, not very big.

Besides the slow and soft movements, i also feel like my tummy got so much gas nowadays. Esp after i eat a full meal. I always feel gassy inside and can even hear the tummy growls.. I wonder if this is normal in 25th wks??

Eeneyminey - my baby's movements too are so hard like she's actually punching me on the inside and on some days it's just really gentle, like she's all lazy to move around.... I did get all worried about it too, cos I've read that if u don't feel the baby moving you need to check with the gynecologist... I told my doc about this and he said soft movements or hard movements it doesn't matter, cos you feel the baby move and that's what's important..

I told my hubby about my worries and that is precisely what he told me too. He said if still got moving then should be okay. I just went to see the gynae like 2 days ago, and frankly, i dont really feel like going to see her again mainly because of the financial. I will have to pay her full price for non scheduled visits which will costs me like perhaps another 150-200.

So far the baby is still moving as i feel like a twitching sensation inside but still soft. I wonder whether the baby's position affecting her movements or not. On sat the gynae indicated that she was sitting down facing my back, so perhaps this is why she cant really punch/kick as hard as before?