EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

felicity

Oh gosh.. 20+ to 30 floors?!?!!! You should be having a really easy labor.. i hope you do, u deserve it for walking and climbing stairs that much!!! I'm planning to take an evening stroll daily too, but during those prenatal classes, mrs wong told us to just wait until like 35-36th wk to walk like a dog to avoid some chances of early delivery..
yea that's what mrs wong said! keke... hope i hv an easy labour too! some of my colleagues went without epidural and said they were okay... i hope i can do that too!!

felicity

With your walking up and down the stairs you'll be more likely give birth by 38 weeks :p did walk alot up andmdown with my first and gave birth at 38 wks, 2nd one was so lazy to move so i gave birth at 40 weeks ( on my edd ) 3rd one idk cos i only walk very seldom. :p but better to give birth 38 weeks than 37 as the baby not fully develop by that week. And also they said giving birth at 38 weeks baby tend to sleep more than 40 weeks. Lol ;)
i hope not too early!! i wanna finish my workstuff and on week 37 there's the common tests that i need to set and mark for many classes for the week until week 38... if i go on materity leave early... then a lot of jobs to handover!

purpur

Felicity, those traditional saying tt if u having bb gIrl normally deliver on estimated due date or late. If having bb boy normally will deliver 2 weeks earlier.. so b mentally prepared .. :)

lizzy2101

If I have a choice I wanna give birth 38 weeks, tummy is so heavy now sometimes cannot tahan... I feel so bloated cos i gained weight unevenly. Arms and legs only put on weight a bit but the tummy and hips so huge!!!

felicity

purpur oh I haven't heard that one!! Now come to think of it, my colleagues who said they delivered in 37th week all have boys!!

lizzy me too!! Super heavy, everytime I climb stairs really panting like mad.. Plus this week onwards really dunno where baby pressing on, legs get swollen easily and always wanna pee, plus bump super big, heavy and tight! So much that usually half half day of standing/walking I feel pain in the area above groin, where the bump starts to bulge... I think it's from carrying the weight >< I aiming 39 weeks though so I have enough time to get things done!

purpur

I gained a lot, n is distributing all over me .. Haiz ard 20kg .. :(.. having bad water retention problem.. anyone knw any effective ways to get rid of the water retention fast after birth ??

Jofeny

purpur oh I haven't heard that one!! Now come to think of it, my colleagues who said they delivered in 37th week all have boys!!

lizzy me too!! Super heavy, everytime I climb stairs really panting like mad.. Plus this week onwards really dunno where baby pressing on, legs get swollen easily and always wanna pee, plus bump super big, heavy and tight! So much that usually half half day of standing/walking I feel pain in the area above groin, where the bump starts to bulge... I think it's from carrying the weight >< I aiming 39 weeks though so I have enough time to get things done!
I think you r really great. I remember my third trimester, I climb up a flight if stairs, I literally breathless for next half an hr. Really Duno how u girls survive with that climbing up n down. Guess u faster write down the things u need to do. Week 39 Is good for u but u can't plan according to that. by right anytime after week 36 is anytime. ESP with your exercise everyday. Jia you!

lizzy2101

I gained a lot, n is distributing all over me .. sigh around 20kg .. :(.. having bad water retention problem.. anyone knw any effective ways to get rid of the water retention fast after birth ??
I gained alot too pur, from 50 kg to 64.4 now. I feel so heavy though i only have occasional water retention (if i eat too much sodium). Ive been eating green bean soup and drinking coconut juice. Said helps alot to prevent water retention and i think its working :) and you can buy capsules sold by greenlife for water retention, I took it wif my 2nd child really effective. Breastfeeding helps you lose weight fast too they said...

Last edited:

Oh gosh.. i really cant imagine u have to do all these everyday!! I'm so so curious on how ur labor gonna be, pls pls plsss update here with your labor story after u have the strength to type or have the time to type... So far i've trusted on exercising to aid in easy delivery, if yours not gonna be as easy as i imagine it would be (i imagine urs will be less than 5 hrs labor actually), i really dunno what kind of exercise will help.. T.T

Jofeny

I gained a lot, n is distributing all over me .. Haiz ard 20kg .. :(.. having bad water retention problem.. anyone knw any effective ways to get rid of the water retention fast after birth ??
The usual way will b massage n breastfeeding. But i din do massage. Still breastfeeding. If u r not bf, u can go n do those hot mud spa. Put mud all over your body n use electric blanket m expel the water out kind.

felicity

I think you r really great. I remember my third trimester, I climb up a flight if stairs, I literally breathless for next half an hr. Really Duno how u girls survive with that climbing up n down. Guess u faster write down the things u need to do. Week 39 Is good for u but u can't plan according to that. by right anytime after week 36 is anytime. ESP with your exercise everyday. Jia you!
no choice my workplace no lift! so everyday climb stairs up and down >< furthermore staffroom on 3rd lvl, canteen and general office on ground lvl... so even when not going up and down for class, for lunch or collect things from general office or other things like printed notes etc from ground lvl, keep having to go up and down... just now teach halfway suddenly lower back start to hurt on and off... now no more pain le... but i v scared come back again :(

yup anytime from week 36! i better finish up my stuff asap!! haha..

felicity

Oh gosh.. i really cant imagine u have to do all these everyday!! I'm so so curious on how ur labor gonna be, pls pls plsss update here with your labor story after u have the strength to type or have the time to type... So far i've trusted on exercising to aid in easy delivery, if yours not gonna be as easy as i imagine it would be (i imagine urs will be less than 5 hrs labor actually), i really dunno what kind of exercise will help.. T.T
i really hope it's going to be fast and smooth!! *pray pray pray* i will definitely come back and share!! hope we can keep the thread surviving, later on still need to share parenting tips too... it's my first bb so will hv to come and learn a lot!!!

i really hope it's going to be fast and smooth!! *pray pray pray* i will definitely come back and share!! hope we can keep the thread surviving, later on still need to share parenting tips too... it's my first bb so will hv to come and learn a lot!!!
When is ur edd again? 2nd sept if i read correctly? I'll keep a look out for your post on ur labor story from mid aug.. wish u well!!!!

Juan

Went to see gynae yesterday, had been told my bb now is 1.6kg and is at average size. I am 31 weeks now.
9 weeks to go.. Feel very happy and ease everytimes when see gynae and told bb is growing very well!
Jia you all Sept mummy!

meltie

Nice to hear the excitement!

I went for my gynae appt yesterday, gynae says my bb and my weight gain is gd! All's well and healthy. BB is 1.8kg @ 31 weeks, while i gained 9kg.. I hope i won't balloon up in the next few weeks. i spotted some vein looking lines along my hips and asked doc.. she immediately say it was stretch marks!! gosh! And i found afew more lines below my bump! Sigh.. was quite shocked and depressed.. coz so ugly.. :( i think these marks just appeared in these few days...

Also, have all mummies finished buying all the bb stuff? I'm about 80% done i guess.. now thinking of what are the stuff needed for confinement.. do u gals use any dry shampoo or know where to get herbs for bathing? Any other things to prep ? my colleague told me to use disposable panties and buy underpads from guardian to layer on the spot i slp so will not stain bed if any blood leakage.

I've also gotten some washable breast pads , wired and unwired nursing bras from this blogshop, MyLittleAngels Maternity , quite reasonable prices! The owner lets u make appointment to go try out before u buy if you are worried of the size.

I'd like to get dry shampoo for confinement too.. any recommendation? saw some at sephora which in spray bottle form, quite exp but if it's working maybe can try..

I've been waiting and waiting for my next appt.. i hope to hear that baby is gaining weight well. I've gained near to 9kg too now.. i think at the end of the day i will gain 15kg or more.. scaryyy...

Oh btw.. is there any FB group for sept mommies available? i'd like to join if there is..

Hi mummies! :) I went for my Gynae check at 31weeks and baby is 1.6kg too, but I've gained 6kg. I read an article that says baby's movement would start slowing down now due to lack of space inside. Any mummies experiencing this? My tummy starts to feel very tight and uncomfortable BUT my little baby seems to be kicking and somersaulting very hard all the time! I barely feel her stop to rest. :/ I'm just worried she'll come out to be hyperactive.

And is any mummy using the buckwheat husk pillow for baby? Or just normal pillow? I'm not sure what pillow to buy yet, the more puffy ones or the flatter ones good for baby?