EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

felicity

Yup I'm bringing a loaf of wholemeal bread to school... Probably just eat the wholemeal bread... Haha different ppl different problem faced... U r underweight, I am overweight... I nv had gastric problem... But my menstrual cramps can be so bad that I just collapse in pain... Even in shopping mall b4... But that trained me to hv super high threshold of pain also...

Juan

Felicity, my lower back just cant go away. Everything ask my hb to massage with muscle relief pain until I fall in sleep.
Yesterday, the leg pain also. How how how? I have another 7 weeks to go.

Pinky32

Any mummies have menses-like cramp? It is just a very dull discomfort, not major pain or anything. Just checking if any mummies have the same experience. I am at mid week 33 now.

Any mummies have menses-like cramp? It is just a very dull discomfort, not major pain or anything. Just checking if any mummies have the same experience. I am at mid week 33 now.
I had like a stomach pain a week ago, was worried that it might be preterm labor signs, so i rushed to the gynae and checked. Ended up was okay, thanks God for that. The pain i felt was like gastric pain. I have never had menstrual cramp before so i dont know how it feels like. But if the pain comes and go within a certain interval, i was advised to call the doc straight away. because if it is preterm labor sign, they will need to put u on meds or even on drip ASAP.

niidu

Dear All,

we r currently having a promo on infant/toddler's socks and mittens. also we have the best and latest japan/korea maternity fashion at unbelievable prices!! even if u r not preggie or just given birth, add a belt, and u r ready to go! noone will believe its a maternity dress!

so hurry to Niidu Mother's Wear offers mums-to-be an extensive range of maternity clothing. We carry the largest collection of imported maternity clothes and nursing wear that any maternity shop in Singapore has to offer. We also stock baby/ toddler shirts, dres while stocks last!!

Kary2500

I just got back from my doc appointment now and feeling a little low :( cos the doctor said the baby is slightly small :(... It's 33weeks now and baby is 2kgs.. He said its normal weight but won't be a big baby at birth, will probably be just 3kgs..

And due to my excess discharge, he checked my cervix and opened it, that too was normal.. But still he told me to insert a tablet tonight :(

Next check up in two weeks... Hoping my baby will grow and get fat chubby cheeks like her mommy ....

Also what is the GBS test for? My doc mentioned it today but, didn't ask me to do it now.

lizzy2101

I just got back from my doc appointment now and feeling a little low :( cos the doctor said the baby is slightly small :(... It's 33weeks now and baby is 2kgs.. He said its normal weight but won't be a big baby at birth, will probably be just 3kgs..

And due to my excess discharge, he checked my cervix and opened it, that too was normal.. But still he told me to insert a tablet tonight :(

Next check up in two weeks... Hoping my baby will grow and get fat chubby cheeks like her mommy ....

Also what is the GBS test for? My doc mentioned it today but, didn't ask me to do it now.
Group B Strep Infection: GBS : American Pregnancy Association this might help :) and dw bout your baby weight, if the doctor said is normal then should be no problem, better small so u can give birth easily than big and will have a hard time giving birth. U can always make the baby chubby after giving birth you know!

Pinky32

Hi Kary,

I am at mid 33 weeks and my gynae appt this Sat. My last check-up was 3 weeks ago (week 30), bb was at 1.5kgs. Think my bb about your bb's size. Will share with you bb weight after my appt. I feel 3kgs is just nice though for natural delivery.

I think 3kg is not small.. some even delivery below 2.8kg and the most important thing is baby is healthy. Anyway, your baby might gain alot more now. I heard from 1 mom whose baby was 1.9kg during 33wks and at 35wks the baby gain alot until 2.4kg.. so just eat normally and healthily and not to worry so much.. ^^

Kary2500

Lizzy - Thank you!! I just read up on the description from what you sent me... And yea thats what I thought I will do, after the baby is born feed her nicely so she gets all chubby.. :)

Pinky32 & Eeneyminey - thank you so much for your consoling words really made me feel better... Pinky you know when I went for my appt last at wk 29 and 4 days the baby was 1544 grams. And until then the doc kept saying the baby is big, and now suddenly this. I think its my fault, cos lately dont feel like eating much too.. Having heartburn all the time.. But today instead of eating big proper meals, have been eating every little while. Eeneyminey yea everyone I told were like its just an estimation and a healthy baby is more important. So gonna concentrate on that for now. :))

Hugs to all of you :)) Just to make myself feel better I went out and indulged in lotsa retail therapy ;)

Jofeny

Oh ya mummies, pls select your PD before you deliver. Impt!!! My gf delivered at mount A n the hospital assigned a PD to her bb. The PD really sucks n misdiagnosed her bb. Put her bb thru 10 days of NICU but after which, further reports confirmed her bb is ok.

Money is one thing, but because of the strong medicine they put her thru, the bb tiny tummy has been disturbed n she suffered colic for near to 6 months. My gf nearly gone crazy lo. Colic bb is really v v hard to handle. The bb keep cry for hrs. Mine had colic for 2 weeks n I'm already v v stressed. Each time got to cry 3-5 hrs. It's really nightmare.

The new PD keep giving her bb those probiotics to build back her tummy good bacteria to prevent her from getting colic.

So quickly select n inform your Gynae.

rosemummy

Hi Kary, doesnt mean big baby means good. Sometimes it can because the mother developed gestational diabetes when pregnant. Usually big parents often have big babies too. Moreover if you have big baby may ended up having caeserean.

Old people tend to think that "bigger baby" means better. But I think a healthy weight baby (not too big not too small) is a happier baby:)

Lizzy - Thank you!! I just read up on the description from what you sent me... And yea thats what I thought I will do, after the baby is born feed her nicely so she gets all chubby.. :)

Pinky32 & Eeneyminey - thank you so much for your consoling words really made me feel better... Pinky you know when I went for my appt last at wk 29 and 4 days the baby was 1544 grams. And until then the doc kept saying the baby is big, and now suddenly this. I think its my fault, cos lately dont feel like eating much too.. Having heartburn all the time.. But today instead of eating big proper meals, have been eating every little while. Eeneyminey yea everyone I told were like its just an estimation and a healthy baby is more important. So gonna concentrate on that for now. :))

Hugs to all of you :)) Just to make myself feel better I went out and indulged in lotsa retail therapy ;)

Oh ya mummies, pls select your PD before you deliver. Impt!!! My gf delivered at mount A n the hospital assigned a PD to her bb. The PD really sucks n misdiagnosed her bb. Put her bb thru 10 days of NICU but after which, further reports confirmed her bb is ok.

Money is one thing, but because of the strong medicine they put her thru, the bb tiny tummy has been disturbed n she suffered colic for near to 6 months. My gf nearly gone crazy lo. Colic bb is really v v hard to handle. The bb keep cry for hrs. Mine had colic for 2 weeks n I'm already v v stressed. Each time got to cry 3-5 hrs. It's really nightmare.

The new PD keep giving her bb those probiotics to build back her tummy good bacteria to prevent her from getting colic.

So quickly select n inform your Gynae.

How to select the PD actually? Should we go and meet the PD before delivery? I'm thinking of not vaccinate my baby until she's 18 months or 2 years old or starting child card (which ever is earlier), so i'm currently looking for PD who can support my decisions. Had few names in mind, but it will be great if other mommies here can recommend more..

I have yet met the PDs recommended to me though..

Any mummies here feel like the baby is shaking/quivering/ in the tummy sometimes? Mine just did that last night and i was kinda worried because i do feel this occasionally since like 2 weeks ago. It lasted for like 1-2 secs only. But the movement is definetely not kicking/stretching/hiccups. By now, i can definetely differentiate those movements. She did this just now when i had my nightly routine of exposing my tummy and talk to her, so i can see this shaking/jerking movements very clearly last night.

Google said it is possible that baby have seizures inside and when born might develop epilepsy or angelman syndrome. I'm so so worried.. I dun think my friends/colleague experience this.. HOWWW?!?!!!

felicity

Felicity, my lower back just cant go away. Everything ask my hb to massage with muscle relief pain until I fall in sleep.
Yesterday, the leg pain also. How how how? I have another 7 weeks to go.
i dunno... :( my pain also on and off... now back in sch, getting used to walking around with the pain le... :(

felicity

kary, born at 3kg is ok!! i hope mine is born at 3kg... manageable weight to be delivered, but now i think she's already 3kg >< don't worry ok?

Jofeny wow i dunno any PD! any recommendation from TMC?

sigh one of those rare occasions i actually dread hols... so many things i need to complete b4 my maternity leave yet so little time!! yesterday have to mark 1 class of class test and 2 classes of graded assignments, today another 1 class of class test, 3 classes of graded assignments, and tmr 2 more classes of graded assignments... can't mark in sch means hv to bring all home. next week 10 classes of common tests coming in on wed and 6 classes of class tests throughout the week, and need to finish marking b4 friday, b4 i go on ML! plus prep for when i'm gone, mus get all the notes printed and ready, prepare tests and exam papers, handing over... and my table is in a horrible mess. i could really live in sch from now till over the weekend just to get all these things done but alas! holidays and sch not opened... (T_T)

felicity

Any mummies here feel like the baby is shaking/quivering/ in the tummy sometimes? Mine just did that last night and i was kinda worried because i do feel this occasionally since like 2 weeks ago. It lasted for like 1-2 secs only. But the movement is definetely not kicking/stretching/hiccups. By now, i can definetely differentiate those movements. She did this just now when i had my nightly routine of exposing my tummy and talk to her, so i can see this shaking/jerking movements very clearly last night.

Google said it is possible that baby have seizures inside and when born might develop epilepsy or angelman syndrome. I'm so so worried.. I dun think my friends/colleague experience this.. HOWWW?!?!!!
i feel it, though very seldom. but i wasn't alarmed at all, nv do any research so not worried (ignorance is bliss?)... most of the times bb still kicking and active... but these two days bb seems to be pushing against my tummy.. until very stretche and tight >< no pain though, just mild discomfort.

Kary2500

Yea how do we select the pediatrician? I will have to ask my gynac the next time I go there, which is in 2 weeks who he recommends, and then can probably check on the reviews..

Felicity - You are one very busy mommy to be... Good luck with getting everything done in time !! Making me think of the times I used to work, and always had tons to be completed before I went on any holidays...

Eeneyminey - I have also felt the shaking and quivering suddenly but not often.. It was like once or twice I think.... And I thought maybe the baby got startled or something thats why that happened. But yea didnt go into researching it.. I guess its nothing so dont worry too much about it..

felicity

Yup.. Woes of a working mum.. While everyone telling me I must rest more b4 bb pops because after that no chance to rest well le... I know that too but everynight I'm marking till late, while hubby playing diablo or watching Olympics or sleeping... I really wish I can leave work at work too! But just too many things and too little time now, sigh...

Jiayou all mummies!!

Jofeny

How to select the PD actually? Should we go and meet the PD before delivery? I'm thinking of not vaccinate my baby until she's 18 months or 2 years old or starting child card (which ever is earlier), so i'm currently looking for PD who can support my decisions. Had few names in mind, but it will be great if other mommies here can recommend more..

I have yet met the PDs recommended to me though..
My PD is from Tmc too to make things easier jus in case I need to meet the PD when I'm in the hospital.

I also ask my Gynae if she has any recommendations n if she has any preference to work with any PD. I feel the partnership between the docs r impt too jus in case if they have any conflict, I dun wan to b in that situation.

My Fren recommended doc Ang Ai Tin from Tmc. She seems v popular. In the bb room at Tmc, I think almost 80% of the babies r under her.

Is she good? Hmm.. Frankly I Duno. In fact when my bb is out n when I first see her, I wasn't v pleased with her. It was day 2, n I was zz (she do room visit like 8am) she on my ward lights.. Come in talk like machine gun n went out. I was totally caught off guard. I think she is in my room less than 1min. but day 2, I'm more prepared then arm her questions. The PD n gynae will visit the mum from day 2 on. When subsequently I visit her in her office, I feel she is better n more patient with us. (maybe can't really blame her for rushing during ward visit because she is really v busy.) I heard that she is v good at diagnosing n can pre empt us of there is anything we need to b careful. Luckily my bb is ok, maybe that's why she got no chance to display her skills to me. But the subsequent visits I'm actually ok (v to the point kind) with her, so will jus stick to her for now. U girls may also read on forum to see if there is any recommendations from other mummies.

My Gynae also prefer to get the PD from hospital first, n when bb is discharged, then we can transfer PD. But it's all up to u.

I get my PD from Tmc, so I jus give the name to my Gynae n she arranged everything. I know some ppl get their PD outside, that kind I wun know how the arrangement will be.

Y why dun wan to vaccine your bb earlier? I think it's v impt. Especially now virus is everywhere, even in hospital. N with so Many friends n relatives who will b visiting the bb n passing bb here n there, the bb is exposing to a lot of risk.

My frens who got bb same age as mine, Many r starting to fall sick even though they are at home most of the time. ESP if they r not breastfeeding. Breastfeeding allows antibodies from mum to bb, but those on fm really dun have any antibodies.

Once your bb is born, I think day 2 n 3, they will b given bcg n hep b injection, before they r even discharged.

I think u need to consider properly u y wan to inject later.

Last edited: