EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

felicity

*hugs piglim* I was crying 1-2pm.. U were crying 2-3pm :( try to talk to ur hubby n educate him, our milk is super precious de!!

purpur congrats!!

reiann

Hey reiann this one in pic is pigeon one.. I have another two, one is pureen n one I dont know what brand.. They all work fine for me so far..

Suddenly very very emo n keep crying :(
thanks so much for the pics. where;d you get them from?

and why emotional? dont be sad!! also, wah you have the patience with your baby latching on like that!!! arent your nipples super sore?!

reiann

Argued with my hubby over his mother.. She wasted 70ml of my milk. Really angry n upset.
mother in law threathen dont want to b caregiver. I also crying.. From 2pm until now. They dont understand how previous e milk is!
sorry to hear, piglim... dont cry. maybe it;s a gd thing if she doesnt help out!

Piglim

sorry to hear, piglim... dont cry. maybe it;s a gd thing if she doesnt help out!
I wish... But there's no one else who can help tk care of my son once I go to wk. i m in family biz so cant just stop working cos biz will pass down to me in future. my mum doesn't wanna tk care either n hubby doesn't feel safe bringing him to infant care...

Sian .. Can only rennnnnnn... Hate it.

felicity

Reiann.. Mine are all passed down from friends but I think I saw in kiddy palace b4. I believe any place that sells bb stuff carries it :)

Sigh was super emo... I was looking at bb... Latch nonstop, make me so tired n lack of slp.. Recall pregnancy n labour n now... Many years down the road who will rem the sacrifices that a mother has made? Think abt my mum, think abt myself, think abt my gal in future... Think too much... Sigh just made me very very emo so I cried n cried ><

Piglim many of my friends sent their bb to infant care n now all older already, all growing up fine n strong.. So don't have to worry.. Actually if I hv a choice I rather send to infant care than let my in laws take care.. Cos I saw them feed sil's son all kind of junk food b4.. V scared :/

Felicity and Piglim, cheer up! At least we have this thread to vent everything out on. I guess the rest of them just don't understand the huge responsibility and the stress we face, the lack of sleep, trying to do the best we can. But hang in there, at least you know you're not alone! We're all in this together. :)

reiann

I wish... But there's no one else who can help tk care of my son once I go to wk. i m in family biz so cant just stop working cos biz will pass down to me in future. my mum doesn't wanna tk care either n hubby doesn't feel safe bringing him to infant care...

Sian .. Can only rennnnnnn... Hate it.
Reiann.. Mine are all passed down from friends but I think I saw in kiddy palace b4. I believe any place that sells bb stuff carries it :)

Sigh was super emo... I was looking at bb... Latch nonstop, make me so tired n lack of slp.. Recall pregnancy n labour n now... Many years down the road who will rem the sacrifices that a mother has made? Think abt my mum, think abt myself, think abt my gal in future... Think too much... Sigh just made me very very emo so I cried n cried ><

Piglim many of my friends sent their bb to infant care n now all older already, all growing up fine n strong.. So don't have to worry.. Actually if I hv a choice I rather send to infant care than let my in laws take care.. Cos I saw them feed sil's son all kind of junk food b4.. V scared :/
YES! I'd rather send my baby to infant care too cos at least the staff are all professionally trained...whereas mum is all traditional and all, do things the old way which clashes w what I believe in...just that infant care is expensive...

Rodorsany

Reiann i think kiddy palace hv.. Saw it before..

Piglim dun b sad... Mayb when both of u calm dn can talk about infant care issues again..

Felicity postnatal blues can cause us more emo.. I also cried a few times esp when bb dun latch or cried n ils make a big hoo haa... Now if can i latch.. Cant i just feed ebm or fm.. Though i pump 3hrly still vol so liw... Very demoralising n my single pump is gg bonkers sighz.... Wanna go gynea n get supplyment wonder hw would mil think... She keep saying i din eat so no bm.... Duh...

Lingz12

Purpur, congrats!

Hi fellow mummies.. I suppose we all have our set of problems! Let's just all vent here! Actually I'm quite impressed that u all take care of bb on ur own.. Me now relying on my CL for night feeds and bathing.. During the day I try to do all myself.. But am realli frustrated with the CL.. Hope confinement ends soon and she goes off soon! Seriously have not seen a lazier CL! No doubt with her gone I will be more tired (have to wake up in the night now), but at least I will be less angry.. She just seriously piss me off every single day..

reiann

Purpur, congrats!

Hi fellow mummies.. I suppose we all have our set of problems! Let's just all vent here! Actually I'm quite impressed that u all take care of bb on ur own.. Me now relying on my CL for night feeds and bathing.. During the day I try to do all myself.. But am realli frustrated with the CL.. Hope confinement ends soon and she goes off soon! Seriously have not seen a lazier CL! No doubt with her gone I will be more tired (have to wake up in the night now), but at least I will be less angry.. She just seriously piss me off every single day..
what'd she do, or not do?? why not just fire her already?

Memory

Jia you to all mummies.. Hang on there! Everyone faces different problem and feels emo easily after delivery.. This is part and parcel, things will get better..

Never know need to keep pumping to prevent engorgement as always hear supply = demand.. Its very tiring and sometimes cant slp.. Been having problem sleeping.. Feel so hot and sweat alot..

Having problem with my hubby's side relatives visiting me and baby at my mum hse as my mum does not like them to come to her hse coz they will spurt out infront of baby that he sleep very soundly etc which is a taboo for baby. Feel so trouble as im in a difficult position.

Memory

Oh ya, understand from my massage lady that best suckling time for each breast is just 10mins anything more is just comfort suckling. Nt sure if its true..

And also anyone where to get the hands free pump bra?

reiann

I agree. When babies are no longer newborn, they are more efficient in suckling so I give my baby 10 mins one breast an ill switch to the other. Otherwise she will sleep on the other breast and not feed

Memory

I agree. When babies are no longer newborn, they are more efficient in suckling so I give my baby 10 mins one breast an ill switch to the other. Otherwise she will sleep on the other breast and not feed
When is the stage for that? Hw do u know if its sufficient for them?

felicity

Thanks mummies.. I get emo v easily one >< and lingz, what happened? Wanna share wat ur CL did? And ya, cannot fire her? I've heard of cases where after two weeks fire le..

I just managed to get a good slp... Because my bb.., aiyo v extreme! Ytd latched entire doesn't want to slp n after her last feed w 80ml ebm at 9pm, she slept all the way till 5am! But since 5am until now I tried to latch her n she just kept falling asleep not suckling at all... But I'm worried she's hungry! Couldn't wake her up enough (she opens eyes look around but not suckling n not wailing) so now letting her lie next to me (hubby just left for work) to latch anytime...

Had read that bb on growth spurt can either drink a lot or sleep a lot... She's both extremes! But shall not complain, at least I finally get a good night slp, and in such cooling weather...

My massage lady says 15 min on each side max but my bb >< suckles nonstop in the day!

purpur

Latching really tough, I tried to get my bb latch 10 to 15 mins on the left n when move over to right .. hardly suck fall asleep deeply .. try waking him up oways not successfully :mad: ended up only manage to latch one side only ..

Jus to check wif u mummies, when bb wailing or cranky at times u all still try to latch or try latching mayb half hr later to calm them first .. sometimes my bb will cry till face red .. I dun bare to c tt I ask e nurse to gif formula instead scare is bcos He too hungry !!

Btw nurse did mention if bb on bm can no need burp them .. mummies u all still burp ur bb ??

Lastly, thanks for all ur well wishing ..

purpur

Jus wondering any Sep mummies still waiting for birth ?? Jiayou ..

Feera, congrats.. u did great !! Without epi .. I tahan few hrs I surrendered lo .. really can't take e pain..

Rodorsany

E lact consultant says can burp... But i alwis hv prob burping my girl... So usually will lie her 45° b4 putting her down... But if latch usually i dyn burp.. She suckle prob abt 20mins coz e initial 5mins she alwis lose e grip of my boobs... Now i latch better at night after she poo n then she can sleep...

My girl's timing better then timer... Alwis on e dot!! Or earlier.. Lol

Lingz12

I think I shared before that my CL dun respect my privacy.. Wen I'm in room pumping, she will just come into my room with bb saying bb wans to suckle.. And watch me latch bb on.. So from now on, I jus bring bb to room wen I need to pump and lock the door.. Then everytime bb fuss she jus say bb is hungry and go warm ebm for her even though last feed is 1hr ago onli.. Wen bb realli fuss for milk and I ask her to warm the EBM, she will say things like bb dun like ebm, y not u go latch her.. bb likes to latch.. I jiu fed up and say I oredi alternate latching.. I'm v tired.. can't I choose to pump once, feed ebm next, then pump again? Then she will keep grumbling and say dunno y I dun like latching, like saying I'm nt a good mummy.. =( Wen she feed bb, she will switch on tv with eyes glued to tv and milk will dribble all over bb chin and neck.. Burping oso the same.. Initially I pretend to ask her questions so that her attention will be back on bb, but she jus doesn't get it.. so I resorted to switching e tv off saying bb shouldn't be watching tv! Wen bb fuss in cot, she will jus ignore and watch tv until I stand up and walk over then she will attend to bb.. Wen visitors come, she will appear to be damn hardworking but wen we are alone, she just watches tv.. To tink she still told me on the first day tat she dun watch tv de! Change bb clothes oso dun close windows and switch off fan despite me telling her a lot of times.. Changing mat got poo stains she oso dun clean and I have to clean it.. Sometimes after changing diapers for bb, she nvr wash hands jiu pick bb up.. And once I even saw poo on her hands! Wen the photographer came over for bb photography, instead of doing wat she needs to do (ie cook), she just loiters around the living room watching the session.. Wen bb needs to change position for shoot, she will rush first to pick bb up before I even start moving.. Then keep sitting on the sofa beside bb as if hoping she will get in the photoshoot.. Hmmph! The list just goes on and on.. Sighz..

I din fire her cos my parents say confinement realli impt.. I should rest more.. So should make use of her to attend to bb at night now and for me to rest more.. Plus need smeone to cook for me.. So told me to ren her lor.. And whenever I complain to hubby, he jus says there is no perfect CL de and ask me to live with it.. Sighz.. Cant wait for her to leave!

Anyway.. I still burp my girl if I latch her.. cos she always fuss before she latch.. So I'm afraid she took in too much air wen she cries before latching.. And after latching I still put her at an angle for 10min before lying her flat..

Me too! Wen latching, she onli latch 10-15min on one breast and sleep on the other.. No matter how I disturb her, she jus pursed her lips v tightly.. So sometimes I tink EBM better.. At least she finish one feed at one go and last longer..