EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

reiann

good to hear, Ling! my baby still poops almost every day, but at least it's just, at most, once a day now.

Keatbear: using goon, now using medium size, as it can 'capture' her poop better! she's a long baby too.

lingz: what vaccinations did your baby get at 4 months?

any mums with babies here with flat or asymmetrical head?? I'm worrying myself silly with this and I feel terrible her head is so asymmetrical! :( but I carry her so much (to relieve presusre on her back of her head) and she still get a flat spot! :( so sad. I change her position of her head all the time but middle of the night she would turn it back. nothing I can do :( arghhh

Lingz12

Reiann, bb took her second dose of 6-in-1 and second dose of rotavirus todae.. I envy u babies who poo everyday.. 1 worry less!

I'm using goon too.. but my girl's still using size S.. but wen she massive poop, it usually leaks like mad.. too small?

Rodorsany

Im using pampers active size m. Seems ok to me... but i only use at night while sleeping

My girl poos almost everyday but sianz cause she's hving flu ..... no fever though... gg for her 2nd dose of 5in1 this fri if fever cant take jab

lizzy2101

Im using merries pull ups for boys L size day time, night time i use huggies ultra L size.

Reiann: lol is it really asymmetrical? I only saw baby with flat head at the back not asym.. Poor mika! Maybe when her hair grows it wont be so visible? Or maybe it will still change.. Maybe there's a massage or something to make it round!

Lingz: my Ethan poo everyday sometimes twice a day but he's drinking fm!

Last edited:

Lingz12

oh ya Reiann.. my girl's head is asymmetrical too cos she used to always turn her head to her right.. so it's more flat on her right.. adopting the PD's advice, I put more toys on her left in the cot to attract her attention during the day.. When I latch her for her first feed, I always lie on her left so that she has no choice but to turn on her left.. After latching usually her head will remained turned towards her left as she sleeps after e feed.. wen she naps during the day, I oso try to put her on her left more using a bolster as support to ensure she dun roll back.. After a while she gets more used to turning to her left so now her asymmetrical head is better.. furthermore she naps in sarong at nanny's place, I feel it sorta helps too! of cos, if all else fails, wen their hair grows out, nobody can actualli see! !:D

meltie

Keatbear: I'm using PetPet M size, so far won't leak as much.. it's big for her but won't cause red lines on thighs.. Petpet is cheap too lol.. my boss gave me huggies total protection M size, will try soon..

reiann: I think my bb got flat head at the back coz she always sleep on her back.. on bouncer and cot.. sigh hope her head improves as she can sit up more? :p i try to smoothen and tound it when shampooing her head...

Kary2500

My babys head is also assymetrical :( it all started cos i used to sleep to her right from the time she was born so she was always turning right when I feed her. Plus my right boob i feel is defective i get very littlw even when i pump, so initially she used to feed more on the left which meant she had to turn to her right..

Now over the past three four days ive been sleeping to her left and make her turn to her left to sleep. The good thing is when shes on her left she does not turn 360 degrees while sleeping like what she does when shes sleeping on her right. But the first few days she had diffixulty sleeping, now i think she is getting used to it.. night time sleep on de left n during the day sleep on the right.

Does anyone know how to increase the size of the babys head? When we took Mikaela for her vaccines last week the doc said her head circumferance is in the tenth percentile while her height and weight were in the 75th percentile. Now my hubby has been worryin over that and has got me all concerned too..

reiann

Thanks for sharing. I really hope her head will round out. He was already born with slightly asymmetrical head and I think it's cos of my narrow birth canal and she was a huge baby. But it all got worse from there as she prefers her right. At least she's still young so hopefully there's still time to round it out.

Meltie: how's pet pet? How much is it per pack of medium and how many pieces?

How many diapers are your baby going through each day? It's sso much better now - about 5 a day!

Wonder how ahwang is doing... Are you enjoying your time with your husband?

ahwang

Hey reiann, gd gd. Went for movie dates and buffet. Bring my boy back from infant care in the late aft. Hubby back towork today n I still have I week of break before starting work. Now everyday go facial, spa shopping after dropping my boy in infant care every morning.
First day teacher review he keep crying. Second day was much better. Able to play n talk to teacher. Makes me so relieve. How'd ur girl adapting in infant care?

I used merries for night. Daytime use mamypoko, pampers or goon. I tried all sort of diapers to make sure my boy has no allergy so whenever any brand has sale I can buy and stock up! Pet pet I tried not too bad but give my boy nappy rash.

meltie

hey reiann, my hubby bought petpet at fairprice awhile ago, got offer .. comes in pack of M80, 17cents per pc.. cheapest among all gd brands.. so far not bad.. thinking of buying pampers/merries/mamypoko for night use but they are at least 25 cents per pc...

hey ahwang, that's great! maybe infant care will set some routine for ur bb... hmm i miss those couple times n able to eat without rushing... infant care ard my hse all full... and mil + her maid not zai.. uesterday they came over n helped me look after but in the end bb cry like mad, only want me.. only i can soothe her... sighhh hope when i go back work in 2 weeks time, she'll be ok w mil n maid...

meltie

oh ya my bb poops ard 2-5 times a day.. lesser changes to diaper liao.. only change when v heavy .. overnight i don't change unless poop.. :p trying to not disturb her slp and let her slp more.... that day early morn she pooped, i changed her diaoer and thereafter, she couldn't slp.. too awake liao.. sigh...

felicity

Lingz, ur baby striving very well and growing fast on your milk! :D

my baby poop at least 4 times a day!! sigh, i wish she'd poop once or twice a day but i know i shouldn't complain... at least she poops! but i hv to spend the nights scrubbing the nappies... she uses nappies in the day and diapers at night only. since switched to M size have used up a pack of mamypoko, a pack of nepia and now on merries. i told hubby i read v good reviews of merries and i didn't expect him to buy as i find it quite costly, but it's really good!! very very soft and gentle, and super highly absorbent... love it lots!!! didn't had problem with mamypoko and nepia though... but i tot sometimes in the morning nepia maybe a bit damp, maybe already saturated after 12 hrs of usage, although nv had leakage problem. but merries is still soft and dry!!

my girl's head is asymmetrical too... also always looking to the right cos i'm usually on her right and if she's in her cot, our bed is on her right. so right side much flatter. even PD expressed concern and so we are always trying to make her face left... now sometimes when i latch her lying down i'll lie down with my head at the foot of the bed instead so i'm on her left.

linl1n84

I use mamypoko and last week just went to jb to buy huggies ultra m size jumbo for 36rm. Will try huggies ultra once I finish up the mamypoko. Mamypoko so far very good didn't leak at all if I stick properly and I tried total protection huggies and it is quite dry, u prefer mamypoko, hopefully huggies ultra is better... I wanna try merries too maybe this weekend will see whether baby fair at expo got merries sale..

I need advice from mumy who full latch: did u always pump after latching??

meltie

Hey Lin,

It's quite xiong to latch n pump.. haha i tried to do that afew times to empty out breasts so that can induce more supply.. but as i am alone w bb at home, makes it very hard coz she'll be fussing.. this morn i tried to hand express my right side coz bb fed on left side only.. and i also tried to empty left side.. handexpression is really no joke man.. fingers,hands, neck, back and breasts super aching! But i gotta stick to that coz i need to let my nipples heal before i can try ising electric pump again... only expressed out 50ml just now... sigh..

meltie

Any mummies can advise the best way to intro formula to breastfed baby? I am thinking of starting to intro FM for last feed.. as my supply is dwindling... breasts are injured too... :p it's been 16 weeks.. my aim was 6 mths.. i'mtrying to see if my nipples can heal and tahan pumping .. biting my teeth through this stage... :p

Keatbear

Last feed as fm is a pretty good start as it may put baby to sleep longer.. And that's what we want for the night...
Don't despair meltie, you have done your best...

Hhmm I also want to try merries... Mayb will also give petpet a shot

I'm so tempted to be a SAHM... ESP these few weeks I witness so much changes in my gal and I'm finding it hard to let go... Sigh.. Dilemma..
And also not easy being a working mum..
Have to concentrate on work, then miss baby and think of baby... Sigh

linl1n84

Meltie: I am giving fm for Leigh Anne last feed too and sometimes if we go out.. Think there is no hard and fuss rule on giving fm.. Some ppl said better give fm at least 1 meal to make bb used to the taste..

Thanks for telling that not a must to pump if direct latch.. I felt so guilty as this few days after latch I went back to sleep so around 5hr I didn't pump but I latch her in between.. And if pump can get 60ml only :( so depressed..

reiann

lin: why do you have to pump? up to two weeks ago, I fully latch my baby, and did not pump, only in the first feed in the morning. This is cos my baby would need only feed from one breast in the morning, and is full (as there would naturally be more milk after sleeping through the night). then I'd pump the other breast to keep supply going. but the next feed at 11am, 3pm, etc - I did not pump.

I have only started pumping last week as I am returning to work next week. I initially freaked out and worried myself silly cos I could get so little when I pumped, and my breasts are never engorged anymore. but I realise that it's not a supply issue. IT IS NOT A SUPPLY ISSUE! don't believe me? try this. when your baby is feeding from one breast, pump the other breast. yes it takes a bit of a juggle, but possible with a bf pillow. and then I realised, that it's cos when I pump without baby latching on, I was not achieving let down. only got about 1oz (or less than 40ml) total when I did not have let down while pumping. but when I have let down, and which is usually triggered now only by baby latching (cos I am so used to baby latching that pumping alone will get me to let down), I get quite a bit of milk - about 3.5oz from one breast.

so, my baby is definitely having enough milk, and it's not a supply issue. of course then I started worrying how I'm going to pump enough milk if I don't get let down but slowly and surely, I keep trying, and my breasts are used to pumping to achieve let down again, and these days I can get let down with just pumping alone (baby is at daycare). and I can easily get 150ml from both breasts from one session. BUT, I must achieve let down. without let down I can only get 1oz in total. pathetic.

Meltie: you're doing very well. just hang in there. as for oyur 'daycare' at home, just have to grin and bear it, and let charlotte get used to others taking care of her. I was allowed to hang around infantcare to observe my baby for few days but realise there's no point. the teachers there are all trained.. what more can I do? so just let it be.

ahwang: glad to heary ou're enjoying yourself :) I just went to watch les miserables by myself, and to be honest I didn't enjoy the film as much as I'd thought. I kept thinking about my baby! ha ha. but she's fine. I think my baby's not fussy about who is taking care of her, or the environment (she's brought out A LOT), but more that she has her needs, like burping, gas, reflux... poor thing.

and who was saying about how infant care - no matter how good they are, your baby would be left alone to cry at times? yeah I find that's true. it'll never be 1-1 ratio, so sometimes some babies will be crying while others are tended to. feel so sad. my baby!!! *wails.

so yes, keatbear: I so, so, SO, want to be a stay at home mum now. for at lesast another 4-5 months. she's still a baby, you know? I think when they get to the age of about 9-10months, they will benefit from infant care more then.