EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

linl1n84

My gal turned 4mth today and past few nights she kept wake up at 2am and every hour, I carried her and she went back to sleep. When she was 2-3mth she could sleep for 5-6hours straight, now her pattern changed..

Last nite I tried to let her cry, she kept crying for 20min and I gave up and carried her, after that she slept within 5min but when I put down in her cot, she cried again in the end she slept beside me..

Will try to let her cry again this few night as I am going back to work on next thurs..:((

ahwang

4mth slp regression that's what I read. But mine never slp thru at all so cannot say its a regression. I can't let him CIO at night, as he now tends to roll over to his tummy when sleeping but can't roll back and will cry for us to save him. So got to roll him back or to the side so he doesn't suffocate sleeping on Tummy.
What do u mummies let ur bb wear at bedtime ? I had long sleeves long pants pj, but I find them might be too hot. So wear short sleeves Button n long pants at night. But he got so agitated when he wakes up at night n keep pulling his clothes till button ripe open.

Lingz12

my baby too.. sighz.. I keep asking her y she dun sleep thru now? haha.. as if she understand.. her last feed is always ard 9ish so I skipped e dream feed.. tried feeding her more than usual for last feed though.. but she will still wake up 2/3ish.. had to stuff pacifier in, then she will spit out mad cry and I had to stuff it back in and the whole process repeat a few times before she finally sleep.. then wake up again 5/6ish for feed.. I'm so tired! :(

ahwang, I usually let my girl wear long sleeve top and pants to sleep.. but on warmer nights, I let her wear short sleeve top and pants..

jesshz17

She drk 150ml every 3 hr (6-8 times per day) for month of jan.. I want to increase her milk intake to 160ml next week and so forth until she reaches 180ml by 3rd week of feb .. I have not start her on cereal yet, intending to do so shd. She can sit steadily by herself. Perhaps by end feb ba... Now we feed her drk abit of water using spoon, she still drk like drinking from btl -_-

jesshz17

I see my friends start giving their babies drink milk + 1 scoop of cereal. I am not tying it till she is 6 mth ba... My girl drks 150ml each time, not 210ml each time. I suppose its ok as long as baby is growing well :)

Once or twice she drank up to 200ml, my friend told me maybe its due to sudden growth..

Wow seems like my little girl isn't the only one having restless nights! She's been tossing and turning and waking up in the middle of the night too! She's even rejecting her pacifier for the past week. When she wakes up at night, she wants milk. If I try and give her the pacifier she will spit it out and attempt to scream. :/ it's like the first month all over again.

My girl was slowing down on her milk in the 4th month, and it was a bit worrying cause it dropped significantly to only 160ml every three or four hours. Scared me. :/ but it lasted for about two weeks, now it's back up to 310ml again. So I guess it's just a phase they go through? :)

ahwang

I know some mummies have already started on solid ? Do u give rice cereal ? My pd advised my boy to start cereal when he is 5mths old. Cos recently he been drinking lesser n lesser and cos he's a big boy 7.7kg at 16 weeks. Pd said he shld start cereal soon. But I'm just thinking how much to give ? One single teaspoon mixed with bm ? And when to give ? Before bedtime ? And how many times a day ? Just once will do right ?

June2012

I started giving my girl rice cereal when she was 4 months 2 weeks, and she likes it. 1 tea spoon 1 meal per day, mix with formuale milk, feed at 7pm. So far, she poo and pee ok, so I'll continue :)

Maybe I'll start 2 cereal meal per day when she turns 5 months next week...

felicity

Thanks for the info jess! :)

Any mummies can help my girl win this contest by clicking 'like' in the link below? Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks! :)https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151398874647070&set=o.252426198202832&type=1&theater
wow ferlynnn that's a lot of likes!!!

help me LIKE too thanks :D
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152417768625167&set=o.252426198202832&type=1&relevant_count=1
and
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152417668500167&set=o.252426198202832&type=1&relevant_count=1

my baby is the oldest in sept grp? but nope, have not't started on cereals... gg to start either next week when she turns 26 weeks or when she's really 6 mths old on 23 feb... so far she's happy suckling. so i'm also totally clueless how much she's taking per day as i exclusively latch on demand.

she's been very sticky to me... when i go out without her after a while she will keep crying. mother in law says from her cry can tell not due to hunger or discomfort... just very miserable and sad... when i got home n see her cry like that i super heartpain. sigh... i can't imagine when i go back to work eventually =/ but hope she'll get better as she grows older in a few months...

felicity

sigh the nephew that mother in law brought up is here today. his mum left him here and went shopping for stuff. really the most rascal-like fellow ever! tonight is hubby's family reunion dinner so mother in law been very very busy but he whole day pestering mother in law and crying and shouting and demanding mother in law to sleep with him or carry him around from point A to point B etc. mind you, he's freaking 5 years old! mother in law n father in law very pekchek but still everything give in to him, which is why he's such a demanding spoilt brat now. i told my hubby if my girl turn out like that, i open window jump down. grrrr... now he looking for mother in law who went out to buy some groceries... then went back into their room and wailed out loud to father in law that he wants mother in law... and demand father in law to call mother in law and come make her come back now. omg.

*live update* father in law called and he immediately screamed into the phone "i want you to carry me NOW! where are you?! no not later, NOW!!" then now wails like nobody's business because he cannot get what he demands, which is for mil to carry him NOW... father in law also dont know what to do. he screaming at fil to bring him 2 pieces of tissue as he wails away. i only feel like slapping him and telling him to shut up and grow up.

sorry i need to rant. everything he's around i need to rant because he really gets on my nerves too much!!

anyway will update when my baby starts solid... gotta shop for high chair first.

rosemummy

cereals

Hi mummies, have not been in forum for past 5.5 months busy w bb n work ! My edd 5 sep but I delivered in end aug. My bb coming 6 months soon in a week time. I have not increased his milk as he is comfy at 150ml every 3 hours n I m careful not to overfeed as this will firce his stomach to expand (thats what ifc teacher told me). Will introduce cereal when he 6 months but I slowly stepping up hus fornula milk to step2. U m a working mum. Bb sleeps through but fidget sometimes need pat sleep night feed once. Tiring especially working. I only slept 5 hours if lucky or broken sleep everyday. Thank goodness I m surviving! :p

Hi mummies,

Anyone of you intend to send your child for playnest programmes offered by centres such as Julia Gabriel etc? From what I heard n read, such programmes accept from 6 months old onwards.

Do share your thoughts on this. Thanks!!

Piglim

Hi mummies

how have you all been? It's been pretty quiet here lately. My son is turning 6mths next week and my pd has suggested to feed him porridge. (Yesss very early right?) I m soooo clueless as to how to start doing so! In fact I haven't even manage to complete the food that I want him to try out in purée form. Anw so far he looks the cereal n carrots. Hates apple. Guess my apple too sour?!

Lately my boy has been waking up every hour in e night. Yes!! I wonder y. He doesn't want to drink but wants me to hug him to slp instead... Goosh.. Any of u experiencing this?

I am also feeling very upset that my milk supply is dwindling. Now each session I pump can only add 100ml combined... Haiz really v v v v upset. Looks like I have to start formula soon prob exactly next wk when he turns 6mths... Was initially hoping to do it for 1 year... It's so weird it's like suddenly drop... Despite lathing my boy n drinking enough water...maybe lack of slp does affect e supply? Anyway u mummies hv any recipe for porridge? Should I slow cook? How bout the meat n veg should I blend it?

justamom

Hi piglim.. I'm also same w u..supply dipping n my boy's only 4mths + now have been using my stocks but everyday using up v fast..cannot catch up on the pumping sessions as I juz went back to work n can only pump v limited.. feeling So guilty now..at least u have crossed the six month period..that's gd enough..for solids let other mummies advise u..

Lingz12

hi piglim, yes, it's been kinda quiet here lately.. I suppose cos more mummies have started work and the action seems more in FB now.. Hee..

my supply is oso gg down cos im pumping lesser even since gg back to work.. it doesnt help tat my company does not realli allow me to disappear to pump to keep up with the 4hrly pumping schedule that I would like to.. have been trying to drink more water and pump more on weekends to hopefully boost it a little so that we can at least cross the 6mth mark which is like 3 weeks more to go.. actualli u're pretty amazing already.. u started work much earlier right? and ur supply can still make it so long.. :)

as for porridge, wat I read is to grind the rice grains to fine, then cook with water or home-made chicken stock/ vegetable stock.. then can do a vegetable or meat puree (chicken or pork) and add it to the porridge to feed bb.. gg to start my girl on solid in 3 weeks time wen she turns 6mths since PD din suggest for her to start earlier.. so exciting!

Piglim

Mummies I know why my supply suddenly dip Le... My period came today... Haiz.... Read that this will cause a dip in e supply but as long as I keep nursing n pumping should b ok, but can't expect the supply to b as before I guess. Yes lingz I started work v v early.. But thankfully then I pump n freeze my milk that's why it cause left me till now if not would hv to supplement with formula long time.

Hmm why on Facebook ;((( pls dun stop this forum...