EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Kary2500

Added both of you :)

Thinking about babies growing up ahhhh i wish there was a pause button sometimes.... The world is becoming so scary to live in and I jus hope we can be good parents and provide the best in everything to our babies..

Kary2500

Ive added everyone who has added me... reiann - I need to add you as a friend or you add me and then can add you to the group.

Please update the doc mummies so that we know who you are :)

Piglim

Hey felicity! Wow ur child's eating alot! Such good appetite! My son is eating bout 200ml of porridge for dinner but in the morning his consumption is only b/w 120-150ml (I am able to measure that cos I m using Philip avent food container as his "bowl"-since he's not consuming much, I prefer to use that instead of a bowl so I can still sterilize his utensils)

Yes i intend to make my own teething biscuit too! Can share the teething biscuit receipe? I hv one though but the content has ground cinnamon (wonder can babies eat that?)

so r u weaning ur child off the breast? How? I think I am gonna hv problem with that.

Since taking solid my son also drinking lesser now..

Oh yeah long wkend ahead!!

Uttmama

Hi Kary I have sent friend request but you haven't accepted me. Not sure if fb is working well on my phone. Maybe you can try adding me on your friend list instead? My email: Chovaness@yahoo.com

Lingz12

just brought my girl for her overdue 6mth jab.. she's 6mths and almost 3 weeks old.. din seem to grow any taller since last visit a month ago.. :(

PD mentioned her sensitive skin again and told me if I can I shld continue bf-ing her.. initially I onli intended to bf 6mths and then start weaning her off.. but now hearing PD, im starting to stress.. cos supply dropped drastically these days.. partly cos she's started solid, partly cos ive been very busy with work recently and has skipped a pump session or 2.. and ive been gg home later now, cant even latch her for the last feed.. I was still tinking nvrm, can start weaning her off bm and start formula.. but now after wat the PD said, so stressed!

mummies with bb with sensitive skin.. wat brands formula milk do u all use? I tink I will try bf-ing her if I can.. but if I realli cant then realli have to see which fm is best for her condition.. PD mentioned Nan, Enfa or Mamex? Any recommendations?

justamom

Lingz u tried 6mths n it's a accomplishment already! give a pat on ur back yrself! enfapro is gd.. can try..sensitive skin..try using sensitive wash during bath or applying California Calendula cream works well! Agree that work gets busy also for me..difficult to maintain pump sessions..n not forgetting stress will not have enough supply.. slowly weaning her off n try yr best.. lastly have to take cr of yrself also.. a happy mummy than can take cr of desiree!

Chister

Hi Mommies,

I'm new here and my girl is 7 months and still very slow to weaning to solids. Reading about the stuff other babies her age take, im a bit worried.

She is still fully breast-fed and she takes only abt 2 heaped teaspoons of Bellamy's organic porridge a day with some pureed veg like Pumpkin or Sweet potato. Sometimes she doesnt even finish her solids.

She is drinking 150-180ml of milk every 4 hourly a day.

Is this normal, im worried sick about her slow progress in accepting solids.

Lingz12

justamom:774096 said:
Lingz u tried 6mths n it's a accomplishment already! give a pat on ur back yrself! enfapro is gd.. can try..sensitive skin..try using sensitive wash during bath or applying California Calendula cream works well! Agree that work gets busy also for me..difficult to maintain pump sessions..n not forgetting stress will not have enough supply.. slowly weaning her off n try yr best.. lastly have to take cr of yrself also.. a happy mummy than can take cr of desiree!
Thanks justamom.. yeah.. Im telling myself as long as I tried my best it's good enuff.. im oredi tapping on reserves and reserves are running low.. once reserves run out tink im gonna wean her off and intro fm.. ok! mayb I will give enfapro a go.. hope she takes it well.. it pains me wen she breaks out in rashes and scratches herself silly.. Sighz.. dunno who she inherits the sensitive skin from..

Piglim

Hey mummies! Hope all the activities ain't diverted to Facebook... There r still mummies here who prefer the forum! *wave*

anw wanna know if u gals shampoo ur babies hair daily? I do it only on e wkends..
Any mummies registered ur child for swimming lessons? I m intending to do so when my son turns one.. But just out of curiousity how Gd/effective is the swimming if they start earlier...

My son now (at 7mths 1 wk) calls out "Maa maaaa" when he's hungry.. Dun think he knows that means mother.. But I love to think of it as him calling out to me.. HHehhe this age now is e best.. So fun and adorable... Aiyo see him alrdy don't wanna go to work..

Btw when do we start feeding our child teething biscuit.. Wondering if The homemade ones will b too tough?

Piglim

Hey mummies,

theres this new event for shape run called the stroller run! Sounds damn cool although I m not sure if I will join cos it's so early in e morning.. N waking n bringing baby to such events might b too troublesome.. Anyone going?

oh n did u gals read the Fridays paper? They were talking bout nursing rooms in singapore! Hehe actually I would like to give my feedback n ask them to make it compulsory for hotels to have at least 1 nursing room.. E other time I brought my baby to a wedding function n I had to breastfeed in a large empty function room..

Btw any of you registered for mrs Wong boh boi's weaning class on the 5th may? I registered n it seems quite interesting-cos we r supposed to bring our baby along for food tasting! Hehe

mummies don't stop writing here ok?

felicity can share ur teething biscuit receipe?

Memory

Hey mummies,

theres this new event for shape run called the stroller run! Sounds damn cool although I m not sure if I will join cos it's so early in e morning.. N waking n bringing baby to such events might b too troublesome.. Anyone going?

oh n did u gals read the Fridays paper? They were talking bout nursing rooms in singapore! Hehe actually I would like to give my feedback n ask them to make it compulsory for hotels to have at least 1 nursing room.. E other time I brought my baby to a wedding function n I had to breastfeed in a large empty function room..

Btw any of you registered for mrs Wong boh boi's weaning class on the 5th may? I registered n it seems quite interesting-cos we r supposed to bring our baby along for food tasting! Hehe

mummies don't stop writing here ok?

felicity can share ur teething biscuit receipe?
Hi PigLim,

Yes, i agree with you to have a nursing at hotel too as it is useful for nursing mum. Singapore consider quite good as there are alot of nursing rooms in malls just that some only have limited rooms and can get quite crowded at times..

My son was making the hmm.. sound too.. was wondering why he does tat.. Now seems like i totally lost the cue when he's hungry.. Not sure when he's hungry or not.. Feel like im not doing a good job as a Mother as im not able to catch his cue at all. Sometimes cry in middle of night i juz tired and lazy just latch back to sleep..

By the way, u mention abt the weaning talk by Wong Boh Boi, can u give more details? Where and how long is the session held? How much per pax to attend it? I'm also interested in it.

rosemummy

Hi mummies
i just settled my 7.5 months old boy with new nanny. Seems to be liking her well.
Anyone started on fish porridge?
My boy always seems to be hungry. He drinks 180-200 ml FM. Now i mix cereal.
He started on veg puree, happy bellies cereal and baby rice last month.
Has anyone started on fish porridge? which fish should I buy?
Should I add in vegetable?
Nanny cooking porridge for him this week. Bought threadfin fish. Wah lau didnt know so expensive ah!
Thanks mummies for all the tips and sharings!:)

Piglim

Hey memory,

Below is the SMS I received ;

"The Weaning talk by Mrs Wong Boh Boi on 4/5/13 at 0930-1130am. Please call 62514090 for registration or if you have any enquiries. Venue at Blk 1 (Opposite TMC). The course fee will be $20 per pax. Do bring your baby for food tasting.Thank"

Maybe can meet some of you all there! Hehehe my hubby also going.

Piglim

Rosemummy,

ya threadfin is not cheap.. But our babies don't eat much also. Each meal only half our palm size? Wah ur baby drinks alot! Haiz I wish my son drinks this much too.. But he's consuming lesser and lesser.. 150ml must spill two times then he can finish...

I read that baby after 6mths must at least consume min 600ml of milk.. Mine only drinking 350ml in the day n at night n early morning I latch him so I dunno how much he drinks.. But it's so worrying ;((