EDD (September 2009)

breastfeeding with baby latching on will help slim down faster but how bout expressing breast milk w/o baby latching on? will it have the same effect? i'm expressing my breastmilk every 3-4 hrs but it is not enuf so in between my baby still take formula. is this also considered total breastfeeding? so far the most i'm able to express out is 140ml for both sides (pumping for 20mins each side). quite demoralising.....:(

newbie2009

breastfeeding with baby latching on will help slim down faster but how bout expressing breast milk w/o baby latching on? will it have the same effect? i'm expressing my breastmilk every 3-4 hours but it is not enuf so in between my baby still take formula. is this also considered total breastfeeding? so far the most i'm able to express out is 140ml for both sides (pumping for 20mins each side). quite demoralising.....:(
how old is your baby? its not bad that you can pump out that much. Dun feel demoralized. I am pumping alot lesser than your amount.

pigletif

breastfeeding with baby latching on will help slim down faster but how bout expressing breast milk w/o baby latching on? will it have the same effect? i'm expressing my breastmilk every 3-4 hours but it is not enuf so in between my baby still take formula. is this also considered total breastfeeding? so far the most i'm able to express out is 140ml for both sides (pumping for 20mins each side). quite demoralising.....:(
ya, don be demoralise. i am also like u. need to feed fm in btw so that i can express that much of milk out.

Jerlene

I really envy all of you.. U all got so much breast milk to give.. But not me.. I think i have been eating all those tonics for more milk. but still not much...

Tricia

I normally let the baby latch on abt 15 mins each side..
I express milk abt 9pm feed. Normally I express it abt 100ml for 15 mins..
I tin slim down should be the same as long as you bf for long term..

Tricia

I really envy all of you.. you all got so much breast milk to give.. But not me.. I think i have been eating all those tonics for more milk. but still not much...

Jux take more fish..
Dont take too much liver..
As long as you let bb latch on, milk will come..
Your milk will be more in the 3rd month..

newbie2009

I normally let the baby latch on about 15 mins each side..
I express milk about 9pm feed. Normally I express it about 100ml for 15 mins..
I tin slim down should be the same as long as you bf for long term..
Is your baby getting enuff milk with the 15mins of latching? There are times when my baby will still fuss after latching.

wow. at 3rd week, you are already able to pump 140ml. that is quite alot.

Is your baby getting enough milk? Is your baby sleeping alot? My baby currently is feeding once every 1-2hr
my baby is a big baby...she drinks a lot! wakes up every 2-3hrs now and drinking ~120ml each time...

tika

i just gave birth on 16sep...so she is ~3wks old...
my mea was born 15th sept. hehe. I'm expressing exclusively too. My case is the opposite. Right now I'm getting too much supply that my breasts are engorged every 2 hours. :( Fever comes and goes. I can get 300ml left breast and 200ml right breast from pumping every 3 hours. Mea drinks 100ml every 3 hours.

Thomson Medical Center nurses told me pumping is not as effective as latching on to increase supply. I think I overdid the pumping (subconsciously wanted to prove them wrong) and now am suffering with the abundance. :( Been putting cabbage leaves and cold pack to decrease my supply. Its more than a week but its still engorged. I dont know what i'm doing wrong.

felicissimo, who feeds your baby at night while you pump?

pigletif

my bb also drinking 120ml every 2 hrs. . milk supply also not enough for him.
i will pump every 3 or 4 hr and can get like 100-140ml . .
but still not enough . .

SexyFlor

have u all tried making love wit hubby since after birth for 3 wk plus..?

I tried, but it is very painful... how come?? its bn 5 or 6 wks after my birth..

newbie2009

my baby is a big baby...she drinks a lot! wakes up every 2-3hrs now and drinking ~120ml each time...
how heavy is your baby now? Do you breastfeed your baby? Or u used expressed milk? Else how will u know that your baby is drinking 120ml? Frankly at times I also wonder how much milk must my baby drink. He seems to want to latch on often (once every 2hrs) but he will regurgitate quite abit of the milk.

my mea was born 15th sept. hehe. I'm expressing exclusively too. My case is the opposite. Right now I'm getting too much supply that my breasts are engorged every 2 hours. :( Fever comes and goes. I can get 300ml left breast and 200ml right breast from pumping every 3 hours. Mea drinks 100ml every 3 hours.

Thomson Medical Center nurses told me pumping is not as effective as latching on to increase supply. I think I overdid the pumping (subconsciously wanted to prove them wrong) and now am suffering with the abundance. :( Been putting cabbage leaves and cold pack to decrease my supply. Its more than a week but its still engorged. I dont know what i'm doing wrong.

felicissimo, who feeds your baby at night while you pump?
right now, im still in confinement so my CL will help to feed the baby at nite...but after next wk, i will have a prob!! i have to look after my baby myself and still pump...:(

how heavy is your baby now? Do you breastfeed your baby? Or you used expressed milk? Else how will you know that your baby is drinking 120ml? Frankly at times I also wonder how much milk must my baby drink. He seems to want to latch on often (once every 2hrs) but he will regurgitate quite abit of the milk.
my baby is drinking both expressed breastmilk and formula...