EDD (September 2009)

hi, after e 2nd dose of Hep B, e pediatrician said to take rotovirus in e 2nd month while 5-in-1 to start on 3rd month. he has a plan on when we should go about it but i forgot e details.

1) so is it alright to take rotovirus n pneumoccol in e same month (it's e 2nd month for my baby) as be taking e 1st dose of 5-in-1 on 3rd month?

2) my friend said that a polyclinic told her that e neumoccol vaccine will only arrive in dec (after e mandatory announcement). so it's actually available now??

3) am i rite that pneumoccol is avail at polyclinic but not rotovirus? if so, have to go to pediatrician for rotovirus. anyone knows how much is rotovirus jab?
My pediatrician recommanded me to do alt month for my daughter. So far for all her jabs she has no fever. I did 6-in-1 for my daughter when she was 2months old and pneumoccol and rotovirus when she was 3months old. Going for her 2nd 6-in-1 jab next month.

My girl is drinking 90ml every 3hrs. And for the night feeds she will drink every 5-6hrs. How do u let yr baby drink more milk? At 3.5 month she is only 5kg and 60cm.

Stan

how much are you feeding your girl now? noticed that my boy is taking lesser and lesser of the milk. He is solely on breast milk. also noticed that he is starting to wean away from my breast. He now knows how to play with his teat and my breast with his tongue.
usually 90-100ml... yes.. now they are quite playful!! and there are times when my girl finish 60ml (ie not hungry anymore but not full also) and refused to drink the 30ml... i was wondering how come she is taking lesser too! Is this the same as your son?

Stan

My girl is drinking 90ml every 3hrs. And for the night feeds she will drink every 5-6hrs. How do you let your baby drink more milk? At 3.5 month she is only 5kg and 60cm.
Hmm... sounds like ok weight to me.. cos my DD is also drinking 90ml and timing around the same as your girl.. Even the weight and length also same same!
Any reason why you want your DD to drink more?

joopjoop

usually 90-100ml... yes.. now they are quite playful!! and there are times when my girl finish 60ml (ie not hungry anymore but not full also) and refused to drink the 30ml... i was wondering how come she is taking lesser too! Is this the same as your son?
If she refuse to finish the 30ml maybe u can try later like 10 mins later than feeds her again. cos my son sometimes also like tat drink halfway, then wants to play or get distracted, so i wait for awhile then give him his milk again.

joopjoop

My girl is drinking 90ml every 3hrs. And for the night feeds she will drink every 5-6hrs. How do you let your baby drink more milk? At 3.5 month she is only 5kg and 60cm.
For girls maybe the intake of milk may not be as much as compare to boys. As long as she puts on weight every month should be fine. If she is satify after each feed then continue with 90ml every 3hrs.

Currently my boy drinks abt 150ml every 4hrs. At 3mths he is 6.7kg and 63cm long, pd said he is overweight...hahahaha.

newbie2009

ya my son is taking alot lesser. He hardly finish the whole bottle. And my son lately seems to be alot more cranky. Can cry for some time. And often uncontrollably. Not sure if its the norm or that he is colic or that he is too tired.

Hmm... sounds like ok weight to me.. cos my dear daughter is also drinking 90ml and timing around the same as your girl.. Even the weight and length also same same!
Any reason why you want your dear daughter to drink more?
Hmmm... I was just wondering. I'm happy with her weight gain. The only problem is when some parents saw my girl, they comment that my girl is small size and i should feed her more milk. Their babies are ard the same age as mine or younger than mine and look so much bigger.

newbie2009

For girls maybe the intake of milk may not be as much as compare to boys. As long as she puts on weight every month should be fine. If she is satify after each feed then continue with 90ml every 3hrs.

Currently my boy drinks about 150ml every 4hrs. At 3mths he is 6.7kg and 63cm long, pediatrician said he is overweight...hahahaha.
haha. my baby at 3months old is already 7.3kg *fainted*

joopjoop

Hmmm... I was just wondering. I'm happy with her weight gain. The only problem is when some parents saw my girl, they comment that my girl is small size and i should feed her more milk. Their babies are around the same age as mine or younger than mine and look so much bigger.
Aiyah....ppl always like to comment here comment there, its neverending. Maybe next time you can say this "You look fat, maybe you should eat less."
hahaha Each baby is different, be happy and dont feel stress about ppl's comments, goes in one ear and comes out the other.

haha. my baby at 3months old is already 7.3kg *fainted*
You see newbie's baby already 7.3kg and she is fainting already (joking :p) ....hahaha
My younger sis carried my boy to the park and walk one round, after that she compliant that her hand and shoulder ache. Small size easier to carry around wont have back, shoulder or hand ache :001_302:

newbie2009

Aiyah....ppl always like to comment here comment there, its neverending. Maybe next time you can say this "You look fat, maybe you should eat less."
hahaha Each baby is different, be happy and dont feel stress about ppl's comments, goes in one ear and comes out the other.

You see newbie's baby already 7.3kg and she is fainting already (joking :p) ....hahaha
My younger sis carried my boy to the park and walk one round, after that she compliant that her hand and shoulder ache. Small size easier to carry around wont have back, shoulder or hand ache :001_302:
yup. I agree that big baby will have its own set of problem. Like example aches...of course on the positive side, a bigger baby will be alot easier to manage. My baby by the time he was one month old, his head is strong enough to hold on his own. And we will often get comments like "your boy is so 'cute'..." I guess that means my baby is so chubby ba. *haha*

Stan

Hmmm... I was just wondering. I'm happy with her weight gain. The only problem is when some parents saw my girl, they comment that my girl is small size and i should feed her more milk. Their babies are around the same age as mine or younger than mine and look so much bigger.
Oh i get that all the time... Just tell them your girl is petite!!

pigletif

wahh... so long nv come in liao... my boy also weighing very heavy... 7.8kg at 3mths .. but pd nv say overweight. just at the boarder line...
he is still feeding every 2 hrs at 120ml..

Hair loss... yes yes .. dropping hair liao... just re bonded my hair and it seems like its not dropping that much now. But my stylist say to put hair tonic so that the hair will be strenghten and won't drop so much.

newbie2009

hehe... when you feed him also quite siong right? Dont worry, my colleague's nephew is 9kg at 3mths... pediatrician told the mummy her son is overweight !
ya lor. can imagine that i will have to look for place to rest my elbow and arms when i feed my boy. hehe

newbie2009

wahh... so long never come in ... my boy also weighing very heavy... 7.8kg at 3mths .. but pediatrician never say overweight. just at the boarder line...
he is still feeding every 2 hours at 120ml..

Hair loss... yes yes .. dropping hair ... just re bonded my hair and it seems like its not dropping that much now. But my stylist say to put hair tonic so that the hair will be strenghten and won't drop so much.
are you still breastfeed your baby? my boy is drinking lesser and lesser lately. nowadays when i feed him 120ml, it can last him for 4hrs.

pigletif

are you still breastfeed your baby? my boy is drinking lesser and lesser lately. nowadays when i feed him 120ml, it can last him for 4hrs.
ya .. still on breast feed as he is allergic to cow's milk. mine is still every2 hrs for 120ml. but when i bf, i don knw how much he takes, but still every 2 hrs.
Even if goes on fm, still 2 hrs. i don't know when can he stop taking every 2hr.

esthergal

My boy just had his 3 mth vaccination yesterday. We chose the 6 in 1 jab. But my baby started to have fever 37.9 degree celcius since late afternoon yesterday. Today the fever hasn't subsided, am so worried...

What about your babies, sept mummies? Did your baby have fever after the vaccination?

pigletif

no.. my bb did not have any fever.. or maybe i did not check on his temp as he is still drinking and playing happily. did the doc gave u the fever syrup?