EDD (September 2009)

polopolo

yday noticed that my boy has start to turn about 180deg . just that his hands will get stuck below his tummy. I guess give him another few weeks when he is stronger, he is going to make 1 full turn . sigh. our baby is growing so fast....

Wah, so many of ur babies can turn or trying to turn le ah!!! Mine is a lazy bum!! Juz love to watch his musical mobile or make loud noises......

babymiki2003

My dear daughter sleeps around 10pm and wakes up around 3-4am for her feed... so is around 5-6hrs as well.. Think if they can hit 5-6 hours at 3mths is considered to be 'sleeping through the night'.
I have a friend's baby (also 3mths) still waking up every 3hrs at night!!
stan,

3 hrs is small fry... my boy is 4 mths and waking up every 2 hours still. only very seldom he will do 3-4 hours...

i really dunno how to cope when i go back to work

newbie2009

stan,

3 hours is small fry... my boy is 4 mths and waking up every 2 hours still. only very seldom he will do 3-4 hours...

i really dont know how to cope when i go back to work
you have not gone back to work? how old your baby?

For mine, he is sleeping about 8hrs on one feed. You might want to try to give your baby more milk when he / she sleeps at night. How much are you feeding your baby at night?

Stan

stan,

3 hours is small fry... my boy is 4 mths and waking up every 2 hours still. only very seldom he will do 3-4 hours...

i really dont know how to cope when i go back to work
how much is your boy drinking now?
2hrs is indeed short for you to even rest at all!
You may wanna try giving more during the day or the last feed at night. Babies are smart, they can 'store calories' by drinking a little more and wake up less in the night esp after 4th mth.
When are you going back to work? I am going back in 2 weeks'time!

newbie2009

how much is your boy drinking now?
2hrs is indeed short for you to even rest at all!
You may wanna try giving more during the day or the last feed at night. Babies are smart, they can 'store calories' by drinking a little more and wake up less in the night esp after 4th month.
When are you going back to work? I am going back in 2 weeks'time!
wow there are still mums that are still looking after your babies. Saluate to you. How many other sept mums are still staying at home?

For the rest, how are you coping with leaving the baby at home? My baby is still on EBM.

babymiki2003

due to some special arrangement, my leave got splitted up into 2 parts. hence i;ll start work in march.

my son is 4.5 months and is very fussy. his stomach is very weak despite on full BM since birth. he's only taking 110ml and will last 2 hours. anymore, he will refuse to drink or will vomit out the milk, there;s no way to force anything down on him if he does not want.

he had very bad colic after his first month, all the way till recently its getting better.

newbie: u r v v lucky that ur son can sleep 8 hrs at abt 4 mths age....i have heard of some boys who still cannot sleep thru the night even at the age of 3!

Last edited:

pigletif

here's my boy growing process at 4th mths.
- still on bf. FM once or twice daily. Drinking 120ml every 2 hr
sensitive to cow's milk. got to sell my extra friso1 soon. anyone interested?
- weighing at 8.3kg / 66cm (not overweight yet , but at the boarder line)
- too fat, still don knw how to flip or maybe is too heavy flip.
- sleeping at around 11pm. waking up once or twice in the middle of the night to drink.

anything else to add? mummies care to show ur bb progress?

newbie2009

My Princess had hers on the 15 Jan. and now she is playing with her milk. really need to coax her to drink up her milk. *headach*
My boy is having slight fever. He will be having his 6months immunisation on 30th Mar.

Ya my boy is also playing with his milk nowadays, he has mastered the skill of using the tongue to force the teat out from his mouth. He will use his tongue to wrestle with the teat.

How do you coax your baby to drink? For me, I just let him "starve" till he is really hungry. Anyway the doctor instruct was not to feed him too much. Apparently at 4months old, we are only suppose to feed them about 700ml each day.

my princess wld also push out the teat. i wld jus let her sit up and burp her and carry on to feed.
now i reduce from 6oz to 5oz of milk.
rite now mil will feed her only when she is hungry.

and she is not napping much. abt 2hrs in the day.
we make her sleep by 9pm and she wakes up at 5plus in the morning.

newbie2009

my princess wld also push out the teat. i wld just let her sit up and burp her and carry on to feed.
now i reduce from 6oz to 5oz of milk.
rite now mother in law will feed her only when she is hungry.

and she is not napping much. about 2hrs in the day.
we make her sleep by 9pm and she wakes up at 5plus in the morning.
how big is your princess currently? what is her wt and ht?

Last edited:

esthergal

Hello,

Long time never come in here hehe...

Are you all still fully breastfeed your baby? My baby lost his appetite recently don't know why... sometimes got to force him to drink, sighh...

Any of you feed your baby with FM? My supply not sufficient once started working so gotta get my baby to get used with FM before i go dry hahaaa... I tried my baby on nestle nan but he vomitted after drinking and also got constipation the very next few days. Yesterday bought similac, haven't tried yet...
When can we start our babies on cereals?

newbie2009

Hello,

Long time never come in here hehe...

Are you all still fully breastfeed your baby? My baby lost his appetite recently dont't know why... sometimes got to force him to drink, sighh...

Any of you feed your baby with FM? My supply not sufficient once started working so gotta get my baby to get used with FM before i go dry hahaaa... I tried my baby on nestle nan but he vomitted after drinking and also got constipation the very next few days. Yesterday bought similac, have not't tried yet...
When can we start our babies on cereals?
ya still feeding expressed milk to baby. However he refuse to latch on anymore. *sad*

yes, baby at this stage tends to drink lesser. According to the PD, they are only supposed to drink about 700ml a day.

According to the PD, its is recommended that we feed the baby on milk till the age of 6mths. In any case, from experience from other mummy, feeding cereal and semi-solid food is going to be a very messy affair.

SexyFlor

My son is weighing 8.5kg at 4 mths old. i think its abit overweight.
Anyway my boy always reject milk in the afternn.. he only drink 3 Oz. Sometimes he will finish his milk for 5 Oz..

Now he is 4.5mths, he is able to flip on his tummy. he is lift his butt high high.. and move in a circle...

I always make him sleep at 12am when he is taking his milk at 11.40pm. He will sleep thru out to 9.30am.. But i will get up 7.30am to make milk for him to drink when he is still sleeping..

So that when he can drink finish his 5 oz milk at 12pm.

Stan

ya still feeding expressed milk to baby. However he refuse to latch on anymore. *sad*

yes, baby at this stage tends to drink lesser. According to the pediatrician, they are only supposed to drink about 700ml a day.

According to the pediatrician, its is recommended that we feed the baby on milk till the age of 6mths. In any case, from experience from other mummy, feeding cereal and semi-solid food is going to be a very messy affair.
700ml? that quite little right? Based on my P's formula, it is 5 oz for every kg.
So 5kg x 5 oz = 25oz (750ml)
But my baby sill drinks below that...she takes abt 600ml a day...refuse to drink more...Is it boys drink more? I see all the baby boys here are over 8kg...my princess is only 5.5kg...
She just had her 4th mth 5 in 1 and rotavirus today...now having slight fever.

newbie2009

700ml? that quite little right? Based on my P's formula, it is 5 oz for every kg.
So 5kg x 5 oz = 25oz (750ml)
But my baby sill drinks below that...she takes about 600ml a day...refuse to drink more...Is it boys drink more? I see all the baby boys here are over 8kg...my princess is only 5.5kg...
She just had her 4th month 5 in 1 and rotavirus today...now having slight fever.
ya according the the PD that our baby should be drinking about 700ml a day.

My boy is drinking alot more than that. so need to try to control his intake of milk.

U should be considered very bliss to have a baby that small. Its definately alot easier to carry around.

SexyFlor

ya according the the pediatrician that our baby should be drinking about 700ml a day.

My boy is drinking alot more than that. so need to try to control his intake of milk.

you should be considered very bliss to have a baby that small. Its definately alot easier to carry around.
Ya i agree with you.. my boy is too heavy for me to carry.. Now im suffering wrist pain ... for a very long time..