EDD (September 2009)

hi...seems like we are all experiencing the same thing at approx the same period....my baby likes to sleep sideways now and kept trying to flip in the middle of the night.....couldn't sleep well at all!! -_-

my baby is coming to 6mths soon...and i'm planning to stop b/f at 6 mths...anyone of u has already stopped? i found out this morning dat my menses seems to have came liao...a bit....is it too earlier? i heard that it will only come when we stop b/f and i have not stopped yet!!

newbie2009

hi...seems like we are all experiencing the same thing at approx the same period....my baby likes to sleep sideways now and kept trying to flip in the middle of the night.....couldn't sleep well at all!! -_-

my baby is coming to 6mths soon...and i'm planning to stop b/f at 6 mths...anyone of you has already stopped? i found out this morning dat my menses seems to have came ...a bit....is it too earlier? i heard that it will only come when we stop b/f and i have not stopped yet!!
yup. my baby is able to flip in his sleep. One moment he would be sleeping on his back, he next moment, he will be sleeping on his belly. Maybe its too hot for him.

Realize that he learn a habit lately. Just prior to sleeping, his will turn his head from side-to-side if he sleeps on his belly. Maybe trying to find his sleep spot. haha.

I might stop express milk at 6 months too. My freezer is currently still overflowing with milk, should b able to last him another 1-2months.

As for the menses, there is no strict guide if b/f will stop it from coming, it just varies from mother to mother.

babymiki2003

I just stopped expressing BM 2 days back and my engorgement is killing me! Now still very engorged, cant sleep properly at night.

and i started to have monthly menses when baby was 4mths even though i was b/f full time so not a concern actually.

finally, my boy had been drooling the past 2 months and still no sign of teething...so dunno where all the drools coming from...

newbie2009

I just stopped expressing breast milk 2 days back and my engorgement is killing me! Now still very engorged, cant sleep properly at night.

and i started to have monthly menses when baby was 4mths even though i was b/f full time so not a concern actually.

finally, my boy had been drooling the past 2 months and still no sign of teething...so dont know where all the drools coming from...
how are you coping with your engorement? better le?

newbie2009

Mummies,

have you started on solids?
I started on puree broccoli on last sunday (7th Mar). My son does not really like it too much. Then this Tuesday (9th Mar) decided to give him try rice cereal. Still not too bad. I guess he prefers the softness of the cereal more than the blender broccoli

Stan

I started on puree broccoli on last sunday (7th Mar). My son does not really like it too much. Then this Tuesday (9th Mar) decided to give him try rice cereal. Still not too bad. I guess he prefers the softness of the cereal more than the blender broccoli
See them lick lick the spoon beeerrriii cute right??
i started with rice cereal yday... her 1st mini lunch... we only make 1 tablespoon of cereal... she finished half and wanted more! but my mum didnt give her cos 1st time, she says go slow better... think will also try vege after the 4-5days...

newbie2009

See them lick lick the spoon beeerrriii cute right??
i started with rice cereal yday... her 1st mini lunch... we only make 1 tablespoon of cereal... she finished half and wanted more! but my mum didnt give her cos 1st time, she says go slow better... think will also try vege after the 4-5days...
my son still alittle resistant to eat solid food (cereal), in the end no choice got to entice him with the TV. haiz.

currently we are only giving him about 1.1/2 tablespoon, that will take me about 20~30mins to feed him.

how do u mum cope with feeding solid food for your baby?

esthergal

My baby loves rice cereal! Just started to give him 2 tablespoons and he keeps opening his mouth that he wants more hahaaa...

Hmm... may i know how to make puree for baby? use blender? So far I've only tried one type, which is the cereal, would want to try more varieties for my baby...

Stan

my son still alittle resistant to eat solid food (cereal), in the end no choice got to entice him with the TV. sigh.

currently we are only giving him about 1.1/2 tablespoon, that will take me about 20~30mins to feed him.

how do you mum cope with feeding solid food for your baby?
u mean how long she takes? same same ard 20-30mins..
she puts Kayla on the bumbo chair and slowly let her lick the spoon...:tlaugh:
Is easy cos DD loves the cereal...

newbie2009

you mean how long she takes? same same around 20-30mins..
she puts Kayla on the bumbo chair and slowly let her lick the spoon...:tlaugh:
Is easy cos dear daughter loves the cereal...
I too did put my son on the bumbo chair. If he is in the mood, he can sit there for a long time to let u feed him, else he will straighten his back and anchor his leg on the floor in the effort to free himself from the chair, then the whole feeding process is going to get very long and messy.

are we allow to mix vege or fruits into the rice cereal?

esthergal

Fed my baby with banana last night, he gave that irky look and then vomitted out the banana together with the milk he drank, scary...

What other food and fruits can we feed baby with?

Jerlene

Dear All

Recently my dotter start to have rash or red spot on the buttock.. and some patahes on the diaper area. Not sure whether is it heat rash or diaper rash... I have tried to apply different cream... But still the same lo.. dun know why.... shld i go and see doctor????

Jerlene

Dear All

Recently my dotter start to have rash or red spot on the buttock.. and some patahes on the diaper area. Not sure whether is it heat rash or diaper rash... I have tried to apply different cream... But still the same .. dont know why.... shld i go and see doctor????

Stan

Fed my baby with banana last night, he gave that irky look and then vomitted out the banana together with the milk he drank, scary...

What other food and fruits can we feed baby with?
i got a list of 'okay' food from the doc... you can try carrots and apples s well

Stan

Dear All

Recently my dotter start to have rash or red spot on the buttock.. and some patahes on the diaper area. Not sure whether is it heat rash or diaper rash... I have tried to apply different cream... But still the same .. dont know why.... shld i go and see doctor????
If you are not sure...always better to consult a doc.

Stan

I am still struggling with feeding my baby with cereal. He simple refuses to open his mouth. How??? *stress*
Is it past the 4 days rule yet? maybe you can try new food?
If he really dont like, take a break for 2-3 days then try again.
Also are you feeding before or after milk? I feed after milk but will reduce it a little so she is willing to finish the cereal..

newbie2009

Is it past the 4 days rule yet? maybe you can try new food?
If he really dont like, take a break for 2-3 days then try again.
Also are you feeding before or after milk? I feed after milk but will reduce it a little so she is willing to finish the cereal..
yup its been past the 4 days le. Maybe its time to give my boy new food le. Tried giving him apple juice too. He simply detest it. Haiz.

I will feed before his milk. Might b due to the fact that he is too hungry.

esthergal

I am still struggling with feeding my baby with cereal. He simple refuses to open his mouth. How??? *stress*
How's the texture of the cereal you made? is it too runny? the first time i fed my baby with cereal also he didn't like it, i presume it was too runny.. then i make it thicker, now he likes it so much...

Also the temperature of the fluid mixed with the cereal need to be a bit warmer, so that the final product will be not too cold for baby to eat...