EDD (September 2009)

esthergal

i got a list of 'okay' food from the doc... you can try carrots and apples s well
What about papaya and watermelon? carrots and apples need to be pureed before feeding to baby right? I'm very busy with work now, no time to even make puree, haven't bought the blender also...

Mind to share your list of "okay" food from doc? Thanks very very much...

newbie2009

How's the texture of the cereal you made? is it too runny? the first time i fed my baby with cereal also he didn't like it, i presume it was too runny.. then i make it thicker, now he likes it so much...

Also the temperature of the fluid mixed with the cereal need to be a bit warmer, so that the final product will be not too cold for baby to eat...
My cereal is not too watery. Its quite pasty in fact. Maybe my boy is not used to the idea of the food flowing into his throat. It seems like he does not know how to swallow.

Mayb I will try to keep the cereal warm. Hopefully that will help with him to enjoy the food.

Stan

What about papaya and watermelon? carrots and apples need to be pureed before feeding to baby right? I'm very busy with work now, no time to even make puree, have not't bought the blender also...

Mind to share your list of "okay" food from doc? Thanks very very much...
Of course can share. The list is split into 4 categories:

1) Foods which are least likely to cause allergic reactions (to be intro fm 6mths)
  • Rice
  • Pear
  • Prune
  • Carrot
  • Apple
  • Pork
1) Foods which are usually tolerated well but occasionally cause allergic reactions (to be intro fm 6mths)
  • Barley
  • Apricot
  • Beef
  • Wheat
  • Plum
  • Spinach
  • Cabbage
  • Oat
  • Banana
  • Chicken
  • Peach
  • Broccoli
  • Lamb
  • Turnip
  • Potato
  • Cherry
  • Corn
3) Foods which are most likely to cause allergic reactions (to be intro fm 9mths)
  • Berries (strawberry and raspberry)
  • Cow's milk
  • Legumes (soybeans, breans)
  • Fish
4) Foods which are highly allergenic (to be intro fm 12mths)
  • Seafood (eg prawns, crabs, dried or fresh scallops)
  • Peanuts
  • Egg White
Add only one new food per week so that food that is not well-tolerated can be recogised and removed. For me i am more KS, i will only intro new food after i observed her poo poo for a few rounds... :embarrassed:

newbie2009

My son just decided to be able to sit. I position him in a sitting position, he can sit there w/o support. Guess its really quite a great feeling when u see your little one making new milestones.

How are you Sept mums coping? My boy is current 8.47kg and 69.3cm. Head circumference is 43cm.

esthergal

Hi newbie!!

My baby is around the same size as yours!! hahaaaaa...

Yesterday i let him sit also, can sit without support for a short while then he will tend to sway side way or front. I also noticed that he started to try crawling, very often he will try to lift his body using both hands and sometimes he legs...

Haven't tried out any vege on my baby yet, but so far he likes fruits, have given him apple, pear, sweet potato, and avocado...

But hor, since started on semi-solids, my baby has problem passing motion, he'll strain until cry, longest is 7 days without poo poo, what should i do in this case? pls advise?

newbie2009

Hi newbie!!

My baby is around the same size as yours!! hahaaaaa...

Yesterday i let him sit also, can sit without support for a short while then he will tend to sway side way or front. I also noticed that he started to try crawling, very often he will try to lift his body using both hands and sometimes he legs...

have not't tried out any vege on my baby yet, but so far he likes fruits, have given him apple, pear, sweet potato, and avocado...

But , since started on semi-solids, my baby has problem passing motion, he'll strain until cry, longest is 7 days without poo poo, what should i do in this case? pls advise?
How heavy and tall is your boy now? Recently my boy is able to sit for some time without any support. Last weekend, my boy just suddenly decide to know how to sit. So cute.

If your baby has problem poo-ing, you can try to give more water to him. I tried to give banana to by boy, if helps him to loosen his stools quite easily.

josmm

Hi, my boy is turning 7 months tomorrow. He's much smaller in comparison. He was 7.5kg and 64cm at 6 months with a big head though. His head circumference was 44 cm. So far he's been sitting, crawling and able to pull himself to stand with support.

May i ask how many sept 2009 mums are still breastfeeding?

newbie2009

Hi, my boy is turning 7 months tomorrow. He's much smaller in comparison. He was 7.5kg and 64cm at 6 months with a big head though. His head circumference was 44 cm. So far he's been sitting, crawling and able to pull himself to stand with support.

I guess each baby will grow at diff rate. Mine is still in the stage of able to sit if u position him in a sitting position. And currently still in try to turn himself up to sit. Not able to crawl non stand by himself yet.

I am still breastfeeding my boy. Hopefully my milk supply can last till about 1y/o. Though its currently starting to dwell. u?

josmm

Hi,

Ya i agree each baby is unique and that's what make babies so wonderful. They are just special in their own way.

I am also hoping to breastfeed my boy as long as possible. I latch my boy on completely so i only pump to mix with cereal. My boy doesn't complain so i assume that he's satisfied with whatever i have. He takes about 5 to to mins and he's done usually. One tip i learnt from another mum is to nurse first then offer solids. So that the milk supply will maintain.

Well, let's encourage each other...jia you! For our babies :)

babymiki2003

hi josmm,

my boy is around the same size as yours, even slightly smaller. he should be about 7.2kg only. and he's aly 7.5 mths

and sadly, he's not sitting steadily yet.. and definitely not crawling...haha

newbie2009

Hi,

Ya i agree each baby is unique and that's what make babies so wonderful. They are just special in their own way.

I am also hoping to breastfeed my boy as long as possible. I latch my boy on completely so i only pump to mix with cereal. My boy doesn't complain so i assume that he's satisfied with whatever i have. He takes about 5 to to mins and he's done usually. One tip i learnt from another mum is to nurse first then offer solids. So that the milk supply will maintain.

Well, let's encourage each other...jia you! For our babies :)
I have stopped latching on since 3rd month. Now my boy simply refuse to latch on anymore. Now I can only persist through expressing of milk. *haiz*

newbie2009

hi josmm,

my boy is around the same size as yours, even slightly smaller. he should be about 7.2kg only. and he's aly 7.5 mths

its a good thing that your boy is of a smaller build. Trust me...its a blessing. Carrying my boy now is almost like carrying a sack of rice. Tiring.

Does your boy eat solid food le? Mine is still rather resistant to eating. only prefer to drink his expressed milk.

josmm

hi josmm,

He will one day haha. Then you will miss the times when he would just lay still:)

Newbie, wow you're really doing a good job by exclusive pumping. Keep it up!

newbie2009

He will one day haha. Then you will miss the times when he would just lay still:)

Newbie, wow you're really doing a good job by exclusive pumping. Keep it up!
yup its true. my boy already starting to learn how to stand. he is starting to pull things to pull himself up. He still does not know how to crawl.

Thank you for the encouragement. Are you still feeding breastmilk to your baby?

josmm

yup its true. my boy already starting to learn how to stand. he is starting to pull things to pull himself up. He still does not know how to crawl.

Thank you for the encouragement. Are you still feeding breastmilk to your baby?
You're welcomed. Ya i am still breastfeeding him. Plan to carry on as long as possible.

josmm

how old is your son? how much is he drinking so far? How much you pumping each time? Each day, I am only pumping out around 520ml.

I am latching on fully. Will only pump in the morning after feeding my boy for some milk to mix with the cereal. Usually the amount will be around 2-3oz for that morning pump. He's now 7 months 10days. He drinks around 6 times a day, all latched on.

newbie2009

I am latching on fully. Will only pump in the morning after feeding my boy for some milk to mix with the cereal. Usually the amount will be around 2-3oz for that morning pump. He's now 7 months 10days. He drinks around 6 times a day, all latched on.
how long more are you intending to express for your boy?

josmm

how long more are you intending to express for your boy?

Hi,

I never thought of it yet. Will be doing child led weaning. So will stop only when my boy is ready. Cause he doesn't even drink from a bottle. So will breastfeed him all the way until he's really ready to wean himself. Hopefully can reach the 2 year mark.

newbie2009

Hi,

I never thought of it yet. Will be doing child led weaning. So will stop only when my boy is ready. Cause he doesn't even drink from a bottle. So will breastfeed him all the way until he's really ready to wean himself. Hopefully can reach the 2 year mark.
really admire your perserverance. No plans to add a new sibling for your boy any time soon?