EDD September 2013 Mummies

aasilahh

first time mummy

Hey all. First time mummy here. Due on september 7. :)) honeymoon baby for us. So it will be a special year this year ;)

skt

A mummy & Sunbeams: yes yes, metallic taste is the right word! Mine seems pretty serious and I even tried to take durian (moderate 2-3 pieces) but the smell was gone less than 2 hours. I hate drinking plain water which makes my tongue even more tasteless. My mum says the metallic taste is normal and suggests me to take those sugar-free sweets. Colleague recommends me Fruit Tree blackcurrent chewy sweets as blackcurrent contains vitamin. Sour plum may helps too.

raoow: I was afraid to announce my pregnancy earlier too. But as I was looking tired, colleagues and friends began to guess. A friend told me, "if no one asks about your pregnancy (less than 3 months), you don't have to say. But if someone asks, you should say yes. Acknowledge your baby." Then I think, yes, why should I now acknowledge my baby? :) Furthermore, if it's our first pregnancy, we definitely need to seek advices from 1 or 2 mummy friends other than our mums.

Sunbeams: I think once we reach 2nd trimester, we can sign up for prenatal classes. So far, the mummies I saw on prenatal classes (magazines, news) have quite a big tummy, so I guess they were like in their 2nd trimester.

raoow

My next scan and first blood test will be next Tuesday!! Hope everything is well with baby. I'm currently with KKH The Private Suite as I intend to go for elective C-sect and stay in one bedder ward. Seems like most private hospitals will still transfer you to KKH in case of complications so I figured I might as well be there already. Anyone already know their birth plans?

raoow

@skt I'm lucky as I'm not working so no one suspected. But it wasn't easy during the CNY period as my all day sickness was bad! But as I was down with flu and even lost my voice, no one questioned too much. LOL.

I've stopped drinking plain water like a month ago!! Makes me puke. Been drinking fruit juice, soya bean, iced milo. Was eating loads of sweets initially but after have sweet tasting puke, I'm now scared of sweets. LOL.

A mummy

raoow All the best!!! Oh really complications like what??during labor itself? Sorry I'm a newbie. I'm with Glens.

yanting

Yanting Doc did want to refer me to a cardiologist, but I suggested checking my haemoglobin level during our 2nd trimester blood work. Maybe iron deficient. So, we'll see later but personally as long as my palpitation is no longer there, should not be a problem. And as long it's not 90 and above, I should be fine...Don't want to think about it.
you will be fine, rest more! :)

yanting

Re: first time mummy

skt & raoow, I didn't announce also, but if someone asked I will say yes. And the good thing is they will start advising u what not to be done.. And I can ask 2nd opinion as they hv experience.. :)

Yiks

Hello all sep mummies!! Hope all of you are getting better.

I just did my Oscar and the clinic merely called two days later to inform that the risk of ds is low. Is that all we should know? No more other details? Any second or more experienced mummies to advise on this?

Oh yes, I dislike plain water too. So I add in a lil ribena for the colour and the lil taste. Dont add too much if not it'll be too sugary and make have other complications.

Any suggestions if we can go on a short trip, hmm, say a 4d3n overseas trip? Recommended or not?

raoow

Any suggestions if we can go on a short trip, hmm, say a 4d3n overseas trip? Recommended or not?
I'm planning on going for a babymoon too in my second trimester! As long as your doctor clears you and you go somewhere with good medical facilities, shouldn't be a problem! Have you decided where?

Sunbeams

Yup! Am going baby moon too! But it's just when I hit 13 weeks though.. Thought might want to postpone if my m/s didn't improve tremendously yet. This trip was planned before the baby came! So it kinda of coincides. Going BKK..3D4N n gyne says ok. Enjoy.. But I just hope I will be upto it though..

A mummy

Hey, flight is safe>? About 2hours? I hope there's no complication. Heard alot of stories about cosmic radiation? I really want to go for a holiday=(...

skt

Yiks: I ever did a google and it mentioned mummies are safe to travel on plane if the pregnancy weeks are not nearer to delivery date. Same as Sunbeams, I actually booked a 4D3N BKK trip before realizing I was pregnant. Luckily I managed to book a promotion SQ flight and so the flight duration will be bearable. I usually travel via budget but I think I will be aching all over if I am travelling on budget this time round. Will be travelling in end of April which is the beginning of my 2nd trimester. I hope ms will be gone by then, else it will be very tiring throughout the trip.

A mummy: 2 hours should be fine. :) But I haven't heard of anything about cosmic radiation. What's that about?

For the mummies who are planning for a short trip, unless you are confident about your health condition, do book a flight with minimal travel duration. It can be very uncomfortable to sit for like 4 hours on a plane, especially the air is pretty dry. :) carry a sweet or sour plum and plastic bag with you at all times ya.

Last edited: