EDD September 2013 Mummies

A mummy

Yiks: I ever did a google and it mentioned mummies are safe to travel on plane if the pregnancy weeks are not nearer to delivery date. Same as Sunbeams, I actually booked a 4D3N BKK trip before realizing I was pregnant. Luckily I managed to book promom SQ flight and so the flight duration will be bearable. Will be travelling in end of April which is the beginning of my 2nd trimester. I hope ms will be gone by then, else it will be very tiring throughout the trip.

A mummy: 2 hours should be fine. :) But I haven't heard of anything about cosmic radiation. What's that about?

For the mummies who are planning for a short trip, unless you are confident about your health condition, do book a flight with minimal travel duration. It can be very uncomfortable to sit for like 4 hours on a place, especially the air is pretty dry. :) carry a sweet or sour plm and plastic bag with you at all times ya.
Hehe, I typed ''cosmic radiation pregnancy babycenter'' on Google search engine and there's a few reads. But will be a concern if it's during 1st trimester. But I will not be traveling if I'm in my 3rd because I will not know if I'll be on labor anytime. Dangerous stage.

skt

Yiks: How about u imagine travelling on a bus or train (with nothing to see outside the windows) for 5 hours, do you think you can take it? I doubt I can take it. :x

StellaC

Anyone know of any prenatal yoga around the west? So hard to find one. I never do any yoga before.
I'm also looking for prenatal yoga, around west or central.. did u find any? i only found a quite good one at Forum.. but such a long walk from MRT station and i don't drive =(

StellaC

dear all mummies,
ya i also have that weird awful taste in the mouth. it's not tasteless, it's more like a lingering taste in the mouth after meals and i need to brush my teeth after eating every time to feel better. if not, it will make me more nauseous.

any mummies started to exercise? i've been thinking of swimming and yoga... but so far, due to ms i had been rather fearful of going. but i am taking walks in the evenings... really tiring to even walk 400m! i read it's good to exercise lightly 30min a day.

as for traveling, i had a friend who went to australia during her pregnancy. i think really depends on how well u are feeling and what doc advice too =) from what i know it is safe to travel up to a certain period... oh ya my sister-in-law even went with us to Europe last year when she was pregnant. about 18 hour flight

A mummy

18 hour yikes!!! I can't even sit still in a car/cab for 30min... Not able to find yoga in the West.How I just wish CC brings in prenatal yoga once a month.

StellaC

ya i also find it very awful to be traveling in bus/car/mrt now. but i think when the ms is over, we are gonna feel extremely good. my friends keep telling me that i will enjoy my 2nd trimester, provided my ms goes away totally soon... hehe.

A mummy

I hope it does for you. I am not sure what they meant by MS totally gone. You mean like completely feel yourself but how can it possibly be. Felt my stomach touches my swelling breast(as though they are sagging) unless I sit up straight and that's impossible for me. This makes me breathless and I feel fat and my nausea is alright now. But, I still feel giddy,dizzy,weak and cramps...like low in blood sugar level.

What's yr opinion mummies...am I just overreacting?=(

Sunbeams

U mean u heard its not safe to travel? Thought they usually say second trimester is safest to travel as body is just nice n not too big but yet stable already?

raoow

My hubby is ambitious! I thought of going Maldives for the babymoon but he is thinking of Milan. LOL. That's like 13hours direct flight? The radiation for normal travelling is fine. Actually even if you are flight crew, it doesn't affect much.

I wanna do pre-natal yoga too! Somewhere central as I stay in Boon Keng and don't drive. Been having mostly bed rest as the TCM doctor says to take it easy for first trimester as I had a prior mc. So haven't been swimming also.

I really hope ms disappears totally!! I have been feeling more normal in the mornings the past two days. Even have mood to think about food and going out. Hopefully this will last and extend for the whole day!!

A mummy

U mean u heard its not safe to travel? Thought they usually say second trimester is safest to travel as body is just nice n not too big but yet stable already?
It's definitely stable in the 2nd trimester. Just reading through about the cosmic radiation thingy and felt awful on some posts. I have not asked my doc yet though. But if I decided to go, I'll update and also let you Mummies know what gynae says...

A mummy

My hubby is ambitious! I thought of going Maldives for the babymoon but he is thinking of Milan. LOL. That's like 13hours direct flight? The radiation for normal travelling is fine. Actually even if you are flight crew, it doesn't affect much.

I wanna do pre-natal yoga too! Somewhere central as I stay in Boon Keng and don't drive. Been having mostly bed rest as the TCM doctor says to take it easy for first trimester as I had a prior mc. So haven't been swimming also.

I really hope ms disappears totally!! I have been feeling more normal in the mornings the past two days. Even have mood to think about food and going out. Hopefully this will last and extend for the whole day!!

Take care ok, MC previously not easy on the body and mind too. Yoga is safe but don't exert(I'm not a pro ,i never tried yoga, but if i were you,i'll stay home)not sure about Aqua thingy. I can't swim so will never enter the pool.

StellaC

my hubby and i are just thinking of going to taiwan for holiday, i think it's a great place to go!

hope if any mummies here know of prenatal yoga or aqua aerobics can share with us =)

my ms now is unpredictable, sometimes in the morning i wake up i know it's gonna be a terrible day. somedays i get better throughout the day and i feel good at night so i do my house chores as much as i can in the night time, and play with my bunnies. last night, i actually had supper (macdonalds!) and went to bed quite full. this morning i woke up without the queasy nauseating feeling. and also i try to eat throughout the day and it makes me feel less nauseous. my colleagues still commented that i keep slimming down... it's not a compliment now since i am pregnant haha.

i'm also beginning to buy maternity dresses, it's actually very fun! i shop online at asos.com, their maternity collection is really very pretty and so far i have bought 3 pieces. if you are into online shopping too, then we can also discuss maternity fashion! =)

raoow

I'm also looking at maternity clothes from ASOS! Ordered some dresses but not sure how their maternity fit will be. Recommended to buy in your pre-pregnancy size but I feel so fat now though I also lost weight due to ms!!! Any other websites to browse? I also need to look for maternity dinner dress. Cos my brother's wedding is in Sept and I'll be almost due then. Hahaha! As sister of the bride, cannot anyhow wear.

raoow

Take care ok, MC previously not easy on the body and mind too. Yoga is safe but don't exert(I'm not a pro ,i never tried yoga, but if i were you,i'll stay home)not sure about Aqua thingy. I can't swim so will never enter the pool.
Thanks! Yah, I'm taking things easy. Once I get the okay from doctor, will start to move more. Cos being inactive also not good. I love to float in the water!! Think it will help with any back aches as we get bigger.

Gosh. Sometimes, it will suddenly hit me that I have a baby inside. Hahahha!!! Like now still so unreal.

A mummy

I'm also looking at maternity clothes from ASOS! Ordered some dresses but not sure how their maternity fit will be. Recommended to buy in your pre-pregnancy size but I feel so fat now though I also lost weight due to ms!!! Any other websites to browse? I also need to look for maternity dinner dress. Cos my brother's wedding is in Sept and I'll be almost due then. Hahaha! As sister of the bride, cannot anyhow wear.
Auspicious year for you!... You can request for colour change and if too pricey,browse for cheaper alternative but these can be some inspired wedding dresses for you.Sorry if I didnt help much
maternity- Online Shopping for maternity- Retail maternity from LightInTheBox

StellaC

I was UK8 pre-pregnancy but I went ahead to buy UK10 instead. Kiasu that dress can't fit throughout pregnancy. Turned out that one fit well, one a bit loose on the boobs and one more dress still on the way here. The third dress I ordered is actually for my company's awards dinner. Think u might find suitable dress from Asos too for the wedding? I browsed a few other recommended maternity sites as recommended by babycenter.com but seems all prices on the high side. Asos still my fave for variety, style and price :) hope to find more sites to shop from!

raoow

raoow

I was UK8 pre-pregnancy but I went ahead to buy UK10 instead. Kiasu that dress can't fit throughout pregnancy.
Shucks!! I ordered my current size. Hope they fit!! Will only know when they arrive. Though I won't be showing any stomach yet. Hahaha!

A mummy

They have amazing dresses!! Thanks so much! Price pretty ok. Need to check shipping only. Yay!! Can slowly browse. Hahahha!!!

Pregnancy is another good excuse to shop. LOL.
Shipping is free. But you can customise because the dresses are lengthy,go for a comfortable short cocktail dress with layers.Looks awesome and can hide some baby bump. But I will prefer to show my bump.Hahaks!!

Here will be better more colours and designs http://www.lightinthebox.com/c/wedding-party-dresses_2808

Last edited: