EDD September 2013 Mummies

chweewy

Ho mummies, with all thwse talks on calcium, it strucks me that my gynae never prescribes iron tablets..shd I ask from her? Ur advice pls?

littlej

Hi chweewy - my gynae didn't prescribe calcium cuz he said it is not good. He said to take more veggies. I am drinking milk and eating cheese everyday too.

A mummy

thanks A mummy

oh no, i have been taking calcium pills right after lunch... i guess it has already hinder my iron absorption.. Sigh
I will take note to take my calcium pills 4 hours from my lunch then...
thanks for the advice..

now i am wondering how come iron and calcium can come together in multivits ...
Good one. I'm also thinking the same thing.

I'm not sure about my prenatal vitamins.Contain calcium inside?
My doctor said it's vitamin B and iron inside.

Maybe the Ca content is negligible like small amount won't interfere only large amount of ca will interfere.

A mummy

Ho mummies, with all thwse talks on calcium, it strucks me that my gynae never prescribes iron tablets..shd I ask from her? Ur advice pls?
I did ask before and gynae said my prenatal contains iron already and he said eat vegetables. My iron pills which i bought before left unopened.Sigh. Too much also will make your stools hard and further constipated unless you are anaemic gynae will jab iron into you instead.

A mummy

I itch a lot too. But the elders told me not to scratch too much if not the lil one will have scratches. So sometimes I have to tahan.

As for calcium, I don't take the pills everyday now. Maybe just twice a week. I substitute it with Anelene chocolate milk (calcium concentrate), its a small packet of 110ml, gives me about 570mg of calcium. The pill is 600mg. Then again this is not sufficient because we'll need 900 to 1200mg a day. So we got to eat well and balanced. :))
True2...=)

A mummy

My baby kicks or jab( i don't know ) onto my bladder and rectum like wanna explode. I'm always in shock. Getting uncomfy here....
Any experience so far mummies??

Ayatul

Thank you for posting such a good post.It will help to find our friend in Net in a quick time.we can see the posts.

Besides this people can use Admaven for Experts in managing and monetizing high volumes of traffic from around the globe.

chweewy

My lil one oso!! Hence I'm always at the loo every 15 mins...nowadays I cant hold on to my pee anymore...the urge comes and I MUST go loo:p

A mummy

My lil one oso!! Hence I'm always at the loo every 15 mins...nowadays I cant hold on to my pee anymore...the urge comes and I MUST go loo:p
Ya, but just a few drops will go out. So, usually I'm like controlling my bladder by inclining myself back against wall/pillow/chair and sit down, suddenly the urge just go away.It's tiring to go to the loo now being 6 months everything feels so agitating.

raoow

My baby kicks or jab( i don't know ) onto my bladder and rectum like wanna explode. I'm always in shock. Getting uncomfy here....
Any experience so far mummies??
I get that! Actually had a slight accident once. Was home so could change undies. LOL.

A mummy

lol. lucky u raoow.
Sometimes we dont know if leakage is urine or the vaginal discharge. It's like watery and transparent like water. Any experience??

Yup. But I did medical so I immediately stopped. he he. I don't want to have a harden valve in my heart!! he he.
I'm very health conscious in terms of what supplements I take. All calcium will block Iron absorption in the small intestine even for milk. But it's fine as long as you take them hours apart. I was so depress at that time that Ca and Fe don't work together being so weak in my bones and anaemia!But for now, we are just focusing on calcium pills not dietary calcium. You are right about carrots!!....

Hopefully we all can come together and share inputs on health. It's important especially after giving birth our body kinda deteriorate. Blood loss and Ca loss!!!Argh.
Pumping up your iron is important. Very common after give birth, lost of blood will contribute to sudden fatigue and may even need blood transfusion.

While soya bean drink maybe good, but don't drink too much. My experienced mummy friend told me the high sugar intake will cause our feet to swell.
You can always ask for no sugar soya milk. It's not the sugar that cause swelling. It is the protein that is non digestible that causes the swelling. Plus weak kidney function. Non of my pregnancy has swelling feet.

A mummy

Pumping up your iron is important. Very common after give birth, lost of blood will contribute to sudden fatigue and may even need blood transfusion.
Ya. That's why we talked about Ca and Fe. My mom was anaemic and she had to jab iron in high quantity during pregnancy. Pity her. After she gave birth to me few days later, she fainted at home.
I'm anaemic too that's why I asked gynae if i can take iron tabs, he said eat vege and his prenatal vitamins(contain high iron).No need for tabs. oh well, it depends on the severity of your issue. Hope everyone's doing good.

=)

A mummy

You can always ask for no sugar soya milk. It's not the sugar that cause swelling. It is the protein that is non digestible that causes the swelling. Plus weak kidney function. Non of my pregnancy has swelling feet.
Depends. You can be extremely healthy and still have swollen feet. Condition:Oedema. It can happen to anyone depends on body. Swelling usually caused by intake of salt. So must be careful. Drink plenty of water to flush the salt but after giving birth must drink slightly less or your retention won't go down.

Protein is not absorb by the body. Its amino acid. Having amino acid in body is fine. We need ''protein'' especially during pregnancy. Swelling is caused by sodium(Salt) not being circulate properly due to so many blood plasma in our body. So elevate our legs and try to walk 5 minutes for circulation.

Protein in urine due to UTI-urine tract infection that usually is common in pregnancy so every visit usually urine has to be checked by gynae or can lead to kidney infection and the list goes on. ALSO this can cause preeclampsia. Take care everyone!!

Thanks for the input!!

Wah xiangxiangmama you are lucky no swollen feet. I hope mine is not too. But hard to say.
Haha, A mummy, you are so knowledgeable in terms of health. I don't see it as luck. I do believe on investing in our health and that it will make a difference in the health of our next generation. A friend who was anaemic during her early pregnancy and later on she was ok. But after her birth, even a little bit of blood lost also made a difference to her health. Doctor suggested a blood transfusion but she rejected it. Hope she felt better by now. I take spirulina instead of iron tablet as the iron in spirulina is more digestible in our system.

tigermama

A mummy:787815 said:
lol. lucky u raoow.
Sometimes we dont know if leakage is urine or the vaginal discharge. It's like watery and transparent like water. Any experience??
Urgh I had a little accident twice. I was on my way to the toilet and sneezed just before I got to relieve myself. guess what I couldn't hold my bladder as well as I used to, leaked a little, drives me insane.