EDD September 2013 Mummies

Min Xing

Hi ZPF, I also gain alot of weight during this pregnancy...really need to on diet after giving birth liao. my gyane told me to cut down on sweet stuff too said scared later baby grow too big xD

skt

How does the leakage of colostrum look like? I don't see leakage but I notice some soft skin (beige or pale white) being peeled from my nipples. And I will just wet myself and peel it off gently. Is that colostrum?

yanting

Hi all, how many clothes u prepared for newborn? I washed baby's clothes this morning and noticed I have a lot for 3 months and above but only a little for newborn.. Wonder if I need to prepare more on the newborn size.. Any advice?

skt

kcws: thanks for the clarification! I am wondering if mine is leakage but dried up since I only notice it at the end of the day. :001_302:

yanting: 10 pcs are enough! I have only prepared 2-3 long sleeved pcs, for the baby to wear on the discharge day and sleeping nights. Otherwise it's mainly onsies with mittens and booties if long sleeved pcs are still waiting to be washed and dried.

Actually it's recommended to prepare 3mth year-old clothes for newborn, bigger sizing, easier to slip into the newborn, more comfy too. Newborn grows very fast, prolly after a month, the 0mth clothings cannot be worn after that.

For me, i have all in all prepared less than 20 clothings for my little one. I am sure I will buy more along the way as she grows bigger, so no rush to buy alot now when we can't even confirm the sizing. I have also accepted a pile of 2nd hand clothes from friend. :) Infact after seeing the pile of clothes given by friend, I no longer have the urge to buy more clothings, they are more than enough to last for many months.

Last edited:

yanting

I bought a lot bigger size ones knowing baby grows very fast. My friend going to give me some old clothes, haven't received as i just moved into my new house last week, and i didn't ask the sizes of the clothes. :) ok so I have enough for first three months. Thanks!

StellaC

My baby's wardrobe is full! I bought some clothes for her in the beginning but over the months, my mum also bought a lot. My friends and clients also bought as gifts for me. A colleague gave a big bag a few weeks back and now I wonder if my baby girl will have chance to wear all before outgrowing. They grow really fast.

StellaC

just visited my gynae! 35 weeks 4 days today and baby is 2.2-2.4kg now and he asks me to exercise more. says baby should be 2-2.2kg to be healthy. baby's head is turned down already.

littlej

Hi - anyone here seeing dr Benjamin Tham at tmc? If yes, do you know if he accepts patients in 3rd trime? I'm thinking of changing doc as I just found out my gynae is on vacation during weeks 37 - 39 =(

StellaC

Hi - anyone here seeing dr Benjamin Tham at tmc? If yes, do you know if he accepts patients in 3rd trime? I'm thinking of changing doc as I just found out my gynae is on vacation during weeks 37 - 39 =(
Hes my gynae but I am not sure if he takes patients at trim 3. U can give the clinic a call, actually I'm pretty sure gynaes dont mind having more patients right? :) he's a really nice gynae though, very gentle and patient and fatherly.

A mummy

Thanks guys for concern :)
all is well. Called gleaneagles emergency no. ( what my gynae) gave me before.
they did cgt monitoring n bb is ok!
thank God.

lesson learnt is to watch u r going.
I have always thought my sense of balance is good but I think preggie really makes our centre of gravity go haywire!!
take care mummies!
i just started on week 28! Last trimester! Still want to sleep as usual! Ha.. Lazy me
Forget to ask,How much is the hospital charging for CGT monitoring?

skt

am now in 34 weeks and baby is about 2kg inside me.
By the way, has any mummy done a vagina swap test around this time? My gynae did the test for me to check if there is any infection. But I wasn't informed prior to that. Am thinking if this is a compulsory test like the detailed scan, or is the gyane trying to "cut my carrot". Just found out my gynae has left the medical group and they have arranged another gynae for my checkup and delivery.

A mummy

I think I'm very kiasu! I already bought All the baby things as my EDD is 7 Sep. baby clothes, hankies, blankets, bedding, nappies also all washed. Bag also packed.
same here!
All done during 2nd trimester.Half washed during 2nd tri, the rest during 1st few weeks of 3rd trimester.Even bought toys because were cheap similarly with posters for learning. Gosh my hubby said.

A mummy

In the bag, there's the cordlife kit, matenity pads (but I'd check if hospital provide, if they do then I can dont't bring), a maternity dress for gOing home, pyjamas, nursing bras, disposable undies, blanket for baby, one set baby clothes for going home, baby cap, baby mittens, nappies, hankies, wet wipes, my own facial foam and moisturiser, dry shampoo, some simple makeup :) I'm thinking I might bring a pillow there too hehe.

Did any mummies also watch "One every minute UK" on cable tv? It's pretty interesting to see how different women respond in labour.
Yea i'm bringing my curve pillow. I frgt makeup. Probably i pass that.Will not have any mood to care about my looks.Lol.

A mummy

am now in 34 weeks and baby is about 2kg inside me.
By the way, has any mummy done a vagina swap test around this time? My gynae did the test for me to check if there is any infection. But I wasn't informed prior to that. Am thinking if this is a compulsory test like the detailed scan, or is the gyane trying to "cut my carrot". Just found out my gynae has left the medical group and they have arranged another gynae for my checkup and delivery.
I did 2 papsmears so far to check for my discharge incase gt strep and stuff but all negative. Similarly vagina test every visit since trimester 1. It's good for protection against any other infections as he'll insert tablet to cleanse my vagina too.and for trimester 3 is much more 'compulsory' if you asked me. For baby sake.

Last edited:

A mummy

StellaC, where you get the dry shampoo? Which brand n how much?
I got mine from Sephora, Brand Sephora. Cheap hence the brand but don't know how to use. Did a trial and was uncomfrtable. But since stellac gave me the idea, i'm bringing it along.