EDD September 2013 Mummies

ZPF

ZPF : Why not move back to your mum's place for confinement? i will feel more comfortable with my mum. Easier to ask if I have any requests.
Planning to do that. I will talk to my husband tonight. With constant fear and stress, I will soon go into depression. By the way, she nearly dropped my baby on the floor. She was carrying my baby while watching TV. She dozed off.

kittymummy

Won't it be more scary to wait at home?
Hi skt, my mum is at home with me most of the time, she quit her job to take care of my son.... If not, it's my hubby.

I have very bad vomitting at the end for 2 weeks already, if I go to work, I think I will go crazy.... It's like when I move and rush or even shower, I will puke after....
But I guess it will be all worth it when I meet my son:)

StellaC

ZPF: do what's best for urself and baby. U need rest now not stress. Hope everything goes well, let us know if you do move back to Ur mom place for confinement! Remember it's Ur right to rest and receive the best care now. U carried the baby for so long and went through the labour.

skt

ZPF: Oh dear! That's so dangerous to doze off while carrying the baby!!
Yes, pls have a good talk with your husband. No joke about post-natal depression. I have a colleague who seems to be rather depressed when returning to work after her maternity leave. She keeps worrying about her baby at home.

Experience from my cousin, her MIL moved in to do confinement for her, but ended up frying bee hoon?! She didn't dare to request for any food because of being misunderstood like ordering MIL to do this and that. So she just took whatever MIL prepared for her. Already she felt upset with the meals, taking care of the newborn stresses her further. She couldn't cope and ended up crying when her baby was crying nonstop.

We all know no matter how nice MIL can be, it's still abit uncomfortable to ask them do this and that for us. So it's best to get a CL (or looked after by own's mum) or move back to mum's place to stay, a place where we will prolly feel more easy and comfy. The only sad thing is, the husband will be not able to see the baby everyday if we move out. So it's good to hear what the husbands feel. Hopefully a compromise can be made.

For my plan, my husband will travel to my mum's place on alternate days when he's not tired after work, say 7-8pm, then back to his house like 9-10pm. On weekends, he will stay over at my mum's place to have more bonding time with the baby.

skt

kittymummy: good that your mum is at home with you, at least someone who is experienced. :)

Did gynae say anything about your vomit? Isn't it going to affect your diet during the last few weeks before delivery?

Sunbeams

Hi mummies! Did anyone of u do hand print or foot print of ur babies? :)
Poor zpf! Hasn't been easy for u!Talk to ur hubby about it seriously. Take care

skt

Sunbeams: I haven't delivered but am considering. Footprint looks cuter. I am also thinking about making the hair into a caligraphy brush.
But I am worried all these will be useless as she grows up.

A mummy

clumsy smurf yay!! haha...welcome to motherhood for most of you, and i pray for smooth deliveries for the rest of the future mummies here!!

A mummy

My mom took care of me. and my hubby.- for food and diaper wise....
No MIL in the way.
Now have nanny to take care of my baby so i can rest since hubby and mom go to work.

diorly

Any mommies looking for confinement lady urgently? I got one to intro! She's my confinement nanny for the last 2months (she is very good so I extended her for another month!) but leaving soon! PM me for her contacts!

Mummies who have given birth.. I have questions regarding post-delivery care.. Hope u all can share.

Did u all shower after delivery? Or "confinement" rules kick in already and cannot shower? How to keep clean down there since menses come and we cannot shower? And also I heard from a friend that we should avoid touching water, her hand was in great pain after her confinement cos she kept washing her hands. So cannot wash hands or wash face?
and any constipation? That's my greatest fear of all :(
Dear mummies, don't touch cool water after birth, if really necessary use HOT WATER instead. I keep washing my hand now the 2nd day can feel numbness on my pump >_<

Can request medicine to soften ur bowel :)
My mum told me use b白米酒 mixed u tap water to wash hand during confinement

yanting

Hi mummies! Did anyone of u do hand print or foot print of ur babies? :)
Poor zpf! Hasn't been easy for u!Talk to ur hubby about it seriously. Take care
My friend gave me magic box from baby art, DIY print, but I have not tried. Not sure if it is good.

Sunbeams

Ya! Skt and a mummy.
i also duno worth to do it! Since my delivery.. I think maybe I just have 1 child! Ha..
so might as well give him everything.. The best.. Heh. Delivery scared me

skt

Yah, my colleague told me can use 白米酒 or boiled water (left to cool down after boiling) to wash and bath, to avoid swollen hands and aches.