EDD September 2013 Mummies

Sunbeams

Yes StellaC!
My Gynae also suggest induce if bb not out by EDD.
i can totally relate with what u mean about duno what to expect for induce. My gf waited till 40 weeks n 3 days then her bb came out naturally!
i felt pain when I walk a lot too. But that's it.

mums the words - dont worry about bb size ok. It's usually an estimate. Depends on our actual size too. Some of us just carry smaller babies while others have above 3kg! Most impt is bb healthy!

chweewy

Wow mummies kwcs n jerlynn..congrats lor..I'm gg to hosp tonight for induce tmr..hope it will b fast..update tmr

Sunbeams

All the best to you chweewy!! :)
hope ur delivery fast n smooth!
Can update wat they do to u n baby coz of the GDM? Like test for sugar level after birth right? Thanks.
but only when u feel better. Take care!

kcws

Congrats kcws!!! That's was quickly delivery. Rest well n update on process!
No pain relief used?
Jerlynn - all the best!! U will have ur bb in ur arms soon!!
No >_< it's coming out too fast. Not event have time to finish the antibiotic drip (for Streps B), need 4 hrs but drip for 2hrs baby out already. Pls remember to bring ur glucose meter, they need to test in the delivery ward

kcws

Can update wat they do to u n baby coz of the GDM? Like test for sugar level after birth right? Thanks.
I also hv GDM, they prick baby just after give birth, than an hr later, after that every 4hrly I think. Pity baby >_< oh ya, they suggest to give cow milk to prevent low blood sugar after I skin to skin BF him. After that I totalBF n blood sugar seems ok

chweewy

Thanks...will oso update my progress...actually i alr feel d anxiety...

Sunbeams:824450 said:

kcws

Sorry TMI.
Dear Mummies, if have choice pls request for insert to empty ur bowel before labour. When I in deliver suite water already burst and 4cm dilate so have anything. It's terrible to pass motion after delivery >_<

StellaC

Sorry TMI.
Dear Mummies, if have choice pls request for insert to empty ur bowel before labour. When I in deliver suite water already burst and 4cm dilate so have anything. It's terrible to pass motion after delivery >_<
Verynpainful??

StellaC

Mummies who have given birth.. I have questions regarding post-delivery care.. Hope u all can share.

Did u all shower after delivery? Or "confinement" rules kick in already and cannot shower? How to keep clean down there since menses come and we cannot shower? And also I heard from a friend that we should avoid touching water, her hand was in great pain after her confinement cos she kept washing her hands. So cannot wash hands or wash face?
and any constipation? That's my greatest fear of all :(

Yiks

Jia you everyone! Hopefully i can go home w my lil girl tmr. I need a good recommendation for nipple cream!!! So painful but v fulfilled so cannot give up!

yanting

congrats new mummies!

i have a question..were ur babies born close to their estimated weight?
im a little worried if my baby's too big for normal delivery. alrdy 2.9kg at 37 weeks and doc says considered big.
all ur babies seem to be under 3kgs?
My baby EFW was 2.7kg at 38w, and she is born 2.6kg at 39w.

Yiks

Have a smooth delivery! Keep telling yourself "I am in control and breathe~~ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10..." repeatedly. It worked for me!
Jiayou!!!!

raoow

Congrats Yanting and kcws!! I've been missing in action past few days as the iPhone app kept kicking me out and I didn't have access to a laptop.

How is everyone so far? I'm struggling with my confinement nanny. She wants to always bottle feed baby so can sleep longer and keeps saying my milk not enough. Of course not enough compared to your 60ml formula lah!!

yanting

Mummies who have given birth.. I have questions regarding post-delivery care.. Hope u all can share.

Did u all shower after delivery? Or "confinement" rules kick in already and cannot shower? How to keep clean down there since menses come and we cannot shower? And also I heard from a friend that we should avoid touching water, her hand was in great pain after her confinement cos she kept washing her hands. So cannot wash hands or wash face?
and any constipation? That's my greatest fear of all :(
I didn't follow the strict confinement rules. After I pass urine, the nurse asked me to rinse with water, I followed.. And after that use the wound wash provided to prevent infection. I did wash my hand after using restroom. Not sure if there will be any consequences after that. But I didn't drink water, my mum prepared red dates tea for me. Only take a little bit of warm water when taking medicine. I will take shower one week later, you can buy the herbs from Chinese medical hall.

My gynae gave me medicine for constipation, she asked me to take it if by day three I still can't poo. I am more worried on the cleaning after I poo as I had episiotomy.