Epidural?

PinkDiamonds

I was glad I took the epidural, cause the pushing is very tiring and you need to use all your strength to push the baby out. If you endure 1 whole day or labor pains, end up you got no strength to push the baby out, end up you have to go for C-sect.

For me I wasn't sure also, I took a "see how" approach. Endured until about 3-4cm, then I gave in to the epidural.

stonston

So most mummy will tk epi ?? Hmmm i gt 1mth + to think = ="
I also dont know gt strength to push anot.. As i very small size.. & my baby head is round = ="
I chose to take cos hb was worried that I may not have strength to push if I use my energy to tahan the pain.

No regrets in terms of $$ or lacking the 'real pain' experience.

When God first created childbirth, it was painless.
I had friends who had deep faith and they had painless deliveries without any medication. I think it's all in the mind.

If you intend to take, make sure you choose a senior and experienced doctor to do your epi. Mine was quick and I couldn't feel a thing. Price wise I think I paid $100+ more than the normal doctors in terms of doctor's fees.

paperger85

I witnessed my best friend giving birth to her son when I was 19 years old. The sight of the epidural needle is enough to make me swear off epidural and I gave birth to my girl in November last year without epidural. lol..

rubberseed

yup epi makes my labor an enjoyable one/.. haha
I was lucky - didn't know that i was already having regular contractions and 4 cm dilated until my rountine checkup. It felt like a dull headache. Doc still advise to put epidural if I want coz the pain at 8cm onwards will really be painful.

Took the epidural. Before the effects fully kicked in, I was able to go to 9 cm within the next 2 hours coz I could still feel the feeling of wanting to pass motion, and thus did some pushing.

However, after the effect kicked in, I couldn't feel my contractions nor the feeling of wanting to pass motion, and in the end had to wait another 4 hrs before decided to lower the effect of epidural. Baby came out within 40min coz I was able to have some feeling and push correctly.

So recommendation to new mothers, continue to take epidural but might want to lower effect nearer to birth. However, beware of the side effects of epidural - i was shivering uncontrollably like mad!