Fear of School...

littlehelper

I agreee with the summary you gave.
Especially the long good bye parts.
Noticed that the parents who just tell the kids :" mummy is going off bye" and leaves, the kid sees the mum/dad leave cry/whine for a while then will be settled.
Also if the kid sees u turning back he will feel unsafe but if you just simply walk off,no turning back the kid can sense that you are ok with him there and somehow feels safer.

Justina

Hello Daddy D,

I'm not sure if this would work for you but it did for my girl.

Have a Reward Chart that rewards her for good behavior, e.g attending school, getting children to eat veggie, be independent and etc. You can also have many other criteria that you wish to encourage good behavior.

I started this for Jasmine when she was 2.5 and it works really well.

If you have no clue of how to create a Reward Chart, download it for free at www.mumsafari.com

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Hello Daddy D,

I'm not sure if this would work for you but it did for my girl.

Have a Reward Chart that rewards her for good behavior, e.g attending school, getting children to eat veggie, be independent and etc. You can also have many other criteria that you wish to encourage good behavior.

I started this for Jasmine when she was 2.5 and it works really well.

If you have no clue of how to create a Reward Chart, download it for free at www.mumsafari.com
Thanks.... my dd is kinda over it liaoo... just every morn ask "Will sch be fast?"...dunno y she never gets tired of asking... I already tired of saying "yes" :)
Today her last day of sch for Jun holidays... she so happy... BTH her...
My wifey is the "爱的教育" parent... everyday also give "rewards"... I also BTH her ::)

Justina

Thanks.... my dear daughter is kinda over it liaoo... just every morn ask "Will sch be fast?"...dont know y she never gets tired of asking... I already tired of saying "yes" :)
Today her last day of sch for Jun holidays... she so happy... BTH her...
My wifey is the "爱的教育" parent... everyday also give "rewards"... I also BTH her ::)
Yes, school holiday is here. She's happy. I'm not! haha....

Got to inject more energy to spend time with her especially i have a younger toddler to care for.

What I'm intending to do during her school holiday is roughly like this:
1. Visit library
2. Get some work book
3. Kite watching / flying
4. Bake muffins
5. Kids craft
6. Visit friends
7. Swimming (my hubby will bring, i don't like to get wet!) haha
8. (out of idea)....

Somebody pls continue....

diymummy

Got to inject more energy to spend time with her especially i have a younger toddler to care for.

1. Visit library
2. Get some work book
4. Bake muffins
5. Kids craft
6. Visit friends
7. Swimming (my hubby will bring, i dont't like to get wet!) haha
8. (out of idea)....

I like to bring my son to the airport. T3.

Daddy D

Alpha Male

1. Visit library
2. Get some work book
4. Bake muffins
5. Kids craft
6. Visit friends
7. Swimming (my hubby will bring, i dont't like to get wet!) haha
8. (out of idea)....

great ideas... I also haven't plan what to keep my dd occupied with during holidays....
My dd already last day of sch yst... cos' today K2 excursion or something... so K1 no sch... their teachers sibei relac lehh :p
Today dd woke up earlier than usual... cos' she wants to go playground in the morn... BTH her... go to sch also never see her so "hardworking"...
My mum... 1st thing already suggested "Get some work book".... then dd reply... "Sch holidays no need to do homework" ... DUH....