Feeling Guilty for nt working...

fioncess

I'm 37 week preg by this weekend.. I stopped working last week cos now i always cant sleep at nite and will feel very tired as it's my first baby..
Only 3rd day at home and i'm feeling very guilty for stop working already. although my hubby want mi to stop working..
I see my hubby start wrk early come home late and super tired i really feel guilty when i see him i will start to tear i dont want this to happen but i cant control..
Do you all feel guilty when you all stop working?? I will start thinking is it a right time to have baby. Now hubby gt to bring in income for 3 person instead of both of us wrking... what shld i do???

stonston

u stopped working as in quit or u chose to take ur ML earlier to rest?

i'm on holiday now and i do feel bad when hb gotta go work everyday when he's so tired. n my hb dun like to take leave to rest.

babylemon

Both of u are really responsible to each other. Ur hubby is so nice to think for u. It is also amazing for a woman to carry her man's baby and I'm sure it is not an easy task. Perhaps both of u can work out ur finances first before deciding whether to stop working. Or you can discuss with ur company whether you can take a short unpaid leave.

Ur baby is innocent. Be grateful for god's gift. Dont worry I m sure both of u will endure tis period and it is definitely worth it. Think positively and logically!

I'm 37 week preg by this weekend.. I stopped working last week cos now i always cant sleep at nite and will feel very tired as it's my first baby..
Only 3rd day at home and i'm feeling very guilty for stop working already. although my hubby want mi to stop working..
I see my hubby start wrk early come home late and super tired i really feel guilty when i see him i will start to tear i dont want this to happen but i cant control..
Do you all feel guilty when you all stop working?? I will start thinking is it a right time to have baby. Now hubby gt to bring in income for 3 person instead of both of us wrking... what shld i do???

fioncess

literally quit... i jus though i will wrk till i give birth.. but nw at hm n baby nt out yet.. i guess when baby is out i wun feel so bad.. cos i gt our percious to look after... n of course i love our baby alot... but it jus break my heart 2 see him wrk so hard...

Domique

dont feel guilty.
just take great care of yourself and baby most impt and its also what your hubby want.
I left my job as early as my 2mth of pregnancy as my baby didn't come easy and we wanna make sure he is in good hands(or tummy :p) of mummy.
i do not feel guilty but lousy to have to depend on my hubby.
But I have to slowly adjust my mentality. I am working and my job is to be my darling's caregiver. And I appreciate all my hubby's thoughts and effort.

Cheers.

[/quote]=fioncess;166282]literally quit... i just though i will wrk till i give birth.. but now at hm and baby not out yet.. i guess when baby is out i wun feel so bad.. cos i gt our percious to look after... and of course i love our baby alot... but it just break my heart 2 see him wrk so hard...[/quote]

Last edited:

stonston

fion, ur job now is to REST and be happy so tt u will hv a HAPPY BABY :)
u dunnid to feel bad cos u r resting to be a good mummy :)
i'm sure ur hb also dun wan u to be tired out by work :)

Phoebii Cheng

Actually, both are not easy, in my own opinion, u being pregnant & ur hubby working......being pregnant u hv a lot of changes to adjust to ur body and to carry the bb till birth is nt easy, it is tiring for hubby to work and feel tired, but not as tiring as being pregnant I think lah......

And if u decide to be a full time housewife, it is even more not easy lor.....imagine taking care of bb, and doing housework 24/7 with no break and no income...hmmm I cannot imagine myself doing that, you oso hv to b their teacher too when ur child grows up, so I really salute those mummies who decide to stay home to take care of their little ones..........

But if u really feel guilty (which u shd not) why not consider taking up part-time job, so u get to take care of ur little ones and u will oso b hving extra income too?

Meanwhile, cheer up and look forward to the day when u get to hold ur bb in ur arms for the 1st time......the feeling is truly amazing!:tlaugh:

Ting

dun feel guilty, cos its not easy being pregnant with a child!
esp one thats coming so soon!
take good care n enjoy the last few weeks of pregnancy. :)

hi fion, don feel this way. when happy little darling is out and daddy will feel all the hard work he gone thru are worth it.
currently now, u can do small little things for him like making a simple meal , giving a lite massage to him or sing a song to him.

Jan

Hi Fion,

Please don't feel guilty, your main priority now is to have enough rest... while u r resting, ur little one inside you are also resting...

Another reason I can think of your guilt feelings, is because u r undergoing some hormonal changes... this happen very commonly when u are pregnant. U will feel better after u have give birth.

Remember, you don't quit to enjoy life... u will be really busy and tied up when ur little one arrive to the world...

apollo

i've stopped wking since i got married until now... sometimes i do feel guilty also, the feeling is kinda "normal" as we see our husbands wking alone for the whole family...

i think i worse than u.. my relatives keep gave me sarcastic remarks just because i'm a SAHM!!! Keep "suan" me saying that how "xian" i'm at home during my pregnancy but the fact is, my pregnancy journey was so tough that during the 1st 5mth i could hardly step out of the hse expect for checkups...

but if u think again, dun u think it's better that you can rest more while waiting for ur lil one and u can take care & spend more time with ur baby also if u're not going back to wk...

as for finance wise, just spend wisely and i think it shdn't be a big pro :Dancing_wub:

ger-mummy

I feel guilty to hubby also, he nv complaint. I stopped working to stufy full time CAT course. But after a month later i start my course i found i was preggy, at that time dun wanna tell hubby coz i was thinking of abortion as i wanted to finish my course soon (selfish) but dunno y i told my hubby the moment i saw him when i reach home from clinic. He was so happy that inform every of his frenz he goin to b father le.

At ard 5month preggy, i feel that he really very stress got so many bills to pay & also he earn to support not only me but is 5 person incl. himself & me. Yes althot he earn 3-4K per month, but after all the bill deduction give me $ for check up, his mom for allowance he only left a few hundred to support his bike & daily allowance. I really feel we shouldn't have baby, i shouldn't quit my job & cont study. At that moment, i cry whenever i feel lousy & when i told him, he always replied "it's ok lah, i now fat le din eat also can tahan wan. Treat as i on diet lor" He always think of me before him.

I tell myself dun give him anymore stress as i believed he very stress to support this family. NOw baby out le, he said if can ask me stay at home look after his little princess....

U gotta take good care of urself & baby....

snowbear

I'm on no-pay leave now till the end of this your (govt job) and i think after that i most prob will leave my job coz i really can't leave dear daughter in anyone else's care... Anyway i went for chkup after work at 37wks and ended up being induced so i literally worked till i was admitted to hospital. :tlaugh::tlaugh:

My dear daughter is coming 1 year old already and sometimes i also feel bad seeing how tired my dear husband is after work. But his joy comes from coming home to dear daughter and i every day and spending family time with us. Besides before we decided that i shld stop work after delivering, we'd already talked about our finances. Well, we just have to scrimp and save here and there, long long time then can take a holiday etc... Anyway, sometimes HE feels bad seeing how hard i work to take care of dear daughter and him every day so much so that he told me that he's fine with me gg back to work!!! He's actually worried that i might break down one day looking aft dd 24/7. So i think you really dont need to feel bad at all. Once baby arrives, you'll be bz taking care of baby... meanwhile, enjoy couplehood before your darling arrives!! :)

adoncia

you can start taking 1 month before your edd.. ;)

fion, you could just have taken ML... but since you already resign, then you need not feel so guilty as you have your tiring part which i can see that your hubby understands as well... =)

bellerichez

Sometimes will lah but after awhile you won't cos you are having a tougher job right now (having a baby). Haha. I've stop working when i was 2month preggy cos wasn't feeling well and too sick to go work. And my job require me to do many stupid things which is not being paid. So quit lor. till now they haven give me my salary.