First Time to be a mother !!!

goldfish2008

hi all,

Firstly are there any ideas how to claim under medi save and company insurance for hospitalization of deliver baby?now i've pregnancy about 12 weeks !That's why start to consider for all this necessary info.

Secondly I stay at Hougang Area and still searching for gynaecologist nearby ,would I request any info about clinic and well gynaecologist ?

pls to advice.........

CanCanMum

Prenatal costs can be claimed from medisave, i think max is $450 (was in 2005)

But that time my gynae advised me to save it for delivery claims becoz he said its the same. (He did some computations for me at that time but i cannot rem what are the pros and cons)

My delivery and hospitalization costs are all paid from medisave, except tt when u r admitted u have to pay a deposit from cash ($1000 for 4-bedded) - then after that all extras can be refunded. I stayed in a 4-bedded room aircon/tv/common bath in KKH. In the end my expenses are only about $850+ all in all and i still have refund of $150+ in the form of cheque.

My gynae is male, if u dun mind i will go search his namecard ---hahaha dunno throw where! ALso depends on where u choose to deliver or u prefer private hospitals etc...

SH74

to me, i find getting a good experienced gynae is v impt. followed by price and hospital location.

Prenatal costs can be claimed from medisave, i think max is $450 (was in 2005) etc...
hi, i did read before that prenantal cost can be claim. but isit that there have to be a min balance that you must have in your medisave acc before you can do so? as my medisave acc have very little money inside only, hence not sure whether I will be able to claim from medisave for the prenantal cost + the delivery.

im a single mum and hence have to be very calculative on the charges etc. can i also use my dad's medisave to help me on the deduction of the hospital bill? like partially is from my acc and partially from his acc. any balance then top up with cash? im currently seeing a private gynae and so am tinking of giving birth at TMC. but not sure how much would it cost for the whole delivery thing as i have yet to get the price list from the clinic due to me still in the early stage of pregnancy.

CanCanMum

hi, i did read before that prenantal cost can be claim. but isit that there have to be a min balance that you must have in your medisave acc before you can do so? as my medisave acc have very little money inside only, hence not sure whether I will be able to claim from medisave for the prenantal cost + the delivery.

im a single mum and hence have to be very calculative on the charges etc. can i also use my dad's medisave to help me on the deduction of the hospital bill? like partially is from my acc and partially from his acc. any balance then top up with cash? im currently seeing a private gynae and so am tinking of giving birth at TMC. but not sure how much would it cost for the whole delivery thing as i have yet to get the price list from the clinic due to me still in the early stage of pregnancy.
Hi pprincesslynn, FROM CPF:

Immediate Concerns You should manage your monies carefully as your expenditure will inevitably increase. You need to plan for immediate expenses such as the birth of your child.

Delivery Expenses The Medisave Maternity Package enables you to use your Medisave for the delivery and pre-delivery medical expenses of your first four living children. For the fifth and subsequent child, you and your spouse will need to have a combined Medisave balance of at least $15,000 at the time of delivery in order to use Medisave for delivery and pre-delivery medical expenses.

It states for 5th and subsequent child, so shd be fully subsidised. I dont think i have 15k of medisave $ when i delivered back in 2005 so should be ok for you.

I din sign up any packages for Prenatal visits, for me i paid per visit and eventually everything they will calculate and put inside a total bill when you deliver. (My Gynae says no need to claim prenatal, leave it for delivery claims) My prenatal visits are $80+ 1st visit and $50+ subsequent visits, sometimes add some extra $20+ for urine test/supplements etc. During delivery i paid $1000 deposit for 4-bedded ward, 3 weeks later they refunded me $800+ in cash after deducted everything from medisave. My delivery was normal birth with forceps.

Last edited:
hi cancanmum, your information is of great help! guess my gynae is also able to advise me more on that right? so doesn mean that we go private have to pay cash, but can also deduct from medisave right?

nowadays seeing the gynae aint so cheap animore. each visit is at least 100+

thanks for ur information!

CynCyn

Princesslynn , yes yr able to use yr dad's medisave . For my first child i used my dad's medisave also .

CanCanMum

hi cancanmum, your information is of great help! guess my gynae is also able to advise me more on that right? so doesn mean that we go private have to pay cash, but can also deduct from medisave right?

nowadays seeing the gynae aint so cheap animore. each visit is at least 100+

thanks for ur information!
huh?????!!! now so ex oredi ah....den tat $450 doesnt help oso hor??

i am not sure private can deduct from medisave anot coz as far as i noe its only for B2 and below...... let other mummies advise u better.

cyncyn: thank you for ur advise~ feel damn bad to use my dad's medisave as he might need it in the future. somemore all his life, the medisave is being used for other family members but himself :)

cancanmum: u wasnt from private gynae? because i thought u were, as many was! hahas. thanks for ur information thou. hope that i can save enuff money :) yea, seriously i dun think that $450 really help much.

CanCanMum

cyncyn: thank you for ur advise~ feel damn bad to use my dad's medisave as he might need it in the future. somemore all his life, the medisave is being used for other family members but himself :)

cancanmum: u wasnt from private gynae? because i thought u were, as many was! hahas. thanks for ur information thou. hope that i can save enuff money :) yea, seriously i dun think that $450 really help much.
orrhs i was from private gynae but den because i stayed in 4bedded mah....so my expenses considered subsidised....aiyah those hospitals v confusing de la...

im tinkin of going to TMC and staying in 4 bedded also. i dun need privarcy one. as long as got place for me can liaos. :D hopefully after my next check up everything is well then can ask my gynae the qns.