Fish porridge - is my girl don't like it?

Ting

oh ya, just to add, some babies, they duno how to stop, its like maybe its very tasty so she keeps wanting to eat thus she over eat n vomit out..
not all babies know how to reject when they r full.

Juan

Hi Ting, so you just cook plain porridge, then steam the fish, mashed the fish and add to the porridge only? Like this the porridge got taste ah?

diymummy

Hi Juan, I do the same method as Ting. Yes, the porridge got taste. Quite tasty and sweet actually. I don't like fish but I like the porridge I cook for my baby. Haha.

CanCanMum

oh ya, just to add, some babies, they dont know how to stop, its like maybe its very tasty so she keeps wanting to eat thus she over eat n vomit out..
not all babies know how to reject when they are full.
ohhh my understanding is all babies have the natural ability to reject when they are full.....reflexes like pushing out the spoon wif their tongue or turn away......no?

only reason i can dddink of is mebbe the porridge taste she dun like or simply she dun like fishy taste..........:001_302:

Ting

Hi Ting, so you just cook plain porridge, then steam the fish, mashed the fish and add to the porridge only? Like this the porridge got taste ?
uh, i add veggies in too.
like carrots/potato/sweet potato (the japanese taro) to begin with.
it becomes sweet~ i dun steam the fish lehh, i just add in to cook tgt. :D

jellybnzw

I agree with Ting, just add in the fish to the porridge to cook. I saw my maid doing the same thing. Add the fish and carrots into the porridge to cook. Of cos, sweet potato, pumpkin, tofu...yes my baby loves tofu. Well, fish should freeze immediately but make sure you cut first then freeze then will remain fresh.

Juan

Now I cook the fish together with the porridge, then add in the vege. I don't let my girl eat the fish, so far she is OK with this and finished her porridge. :)

TANZHENZHI

haha i think i am a lousy mummy, my son is 11months now and i never cook a single meal for him. As i am a working mum and usually my MIL will cook for him during weekdays. During weekends, my hubby will do the cooking. ;) I will feed him. Usually i will taste the porridge before giving my son. If i find it awful i am sure he won't like it too.

chrisgal

refuse to take porridge

hi all mummies... dear son is 6 months now! try cooking porridge for him tried 4 times, but he didnt like it. he will puke out everytime i feed him porridge. any mummies having this problem before?

i've tried cooking plain porridge with pork
i've tried cooking plain porridge wit fish and pumpkim

Jamiejhy

Hi Ting, so you just cook plain porridge, then steam the fish, mashed the fish and add to the porridge only? Like this the porridge got taste ?
I cook porridge w/lean pork or chicken, add pumpkin, red dates..when porridge abt ready, put in fish cook awhile, take out mash & mix it with porridge..can eat liao. :001_302:
can put brocoli, potato, carrots, minced pork, spinach...it will make the porridge taste nicer sweet.
smtimes i cook extra..i share with baby.hehe :001_302: