Fish porridge - is my girl don't like it?

Juan

Hi mommies, yesterday I feed my 7.5 months daughther fish porride, I cooked the porridge with ikin bilis soup, then steam the "Ngor her" and mashed it then add in to the porridge. Buy my girl eat till gag... after that after eat half bowl, she vomit out all her porridge.

Is it my girl dont like to eat fish? but the thing is she keep open her mounth for the porridge, if she don't like suppose she will not open her mounth right? This is the second time she eat till want to gag, but the first time I did not finish feed her.

autumn82

Hi mommies, yesterday I feed my 7.5 months daughther fish porride, I cooked the porridge with ikin bilis soup, then steam the "Ngor her" and mashed it then add in to the porridge. Buy my girl eat till gag... after that after eat half bowl, she vomit out all her porridge.

Is it my girl dont like to eat fish? but the thing is she keep open her mounth for the porridge, if she dont't like suppose she will not open her mounth right? This is the second time she eat till want to gag, but the first time I did not finish feed her.
Could it be too fishy? :001_302:

Phoebii Cheng

Normally, after cooking porridge, I will try it first, if I don't like it probably my son won't like it.....that's me

But your daughter gag & vomit, is it due to she eat too much? mayb can feed her smaller portions 1st

CanCanMum

Is it my girl dont like to eat fish? but the thing is she keep open her mounth for the porridge, if she dont't like suppose she will not open her mounth right? This is the second time she eat till want to gag, but the first time I did not finish feed her.
did u try tasting it yourself? Does it taste awful/fishy?

i tried cooking baby porridge first time last time, Baber oso sounds like yr gal, but he oso vomitted out after tat, vomitted out and got tears in his eyes somemore......den i taste it, tastes awful lols........

dun worry, u can add some carrots into the porridge to make it taste sweeter.

Juan

I tried it, I feel OK.. But my husband said it smell a bit "Xin Wei"
how to make the porridge not so "xin wei"?

diymummy

Where do you buy the fish and how long do you keep it?

Usually I buy fish every week from wet market, cut into 7 pieces and freeze immediately. When I want to cook, I will steam it from frozen state and then mash it into the porridge. I find fish from market is fresher than fish from NTUC.

Maybe mixing ikan bilis and ngor herh tastes funny? Coz it's 2 different fishes mixed together... Personally I won't like to eat my porridge like that.

She gag also is the porridge too thick? Sometimes my son will gag if I didn't mash the fish up enough. So far my son now 11.5mths, gags on egg yolk when not mashed enough.

CanCanMum

u can put 2 thin strips of ginger (slice into very thin strips, juz 1 or 2) into the porridge (not too much coz most babies dun like ginger) and cook with the fish for about 15-20 minutes

or u can sprinkle some pepper onto the raw fish (like in marinate the fish like tat), let it stand for 20mins, den wash away the pepper on the "marinated fish" before u put it into the porridge so tat the pepper gets rid of the fishy smell but it doesnt go into the porridge

for adults we normally "marinate" the raw fish using Hua Diao Wine but babies cannnot use tat method lols

CanCanMum

i use pork loin to make the base soup, den cook for 1 hour, put carrots in, cook for another 1 hour, den lastly add in Ngor Hee and cook for 15-20minutes and tats it.

All using slow cooker :p

Juan

Usually I buy fish every week from wet market, cut into 7 pieces and freeze immediately. When I want to cook, I will steam it from frozen state and then mash it into the porridge. I find fish from market is fresher than fish from NTUC.

Maybe mixing ikan bilis and ngor herh tastes funny? Coz it's 2 different fishes mixed together... Personally I won't like to eat my porridge like that.

She gag also is the porridge too thick? Sometimes my son will gag if I didn't mash the fish up enough. So far my son now 11.5mths, gags on egg yolk when not mashed enough.
I don't think the porride is thick because when I feed her pumpin porridge she won't gag. so far she love oatmeal with pumpin puree, pumpin porridge. But we cannot give pumpin everyday right? sigh....

autumn82

I dont't think the porride is thick because when I feed her pumpin porridge she won't gag. so far she love oatmeal with pumpin puree, pumpin porridge. But we cannot give pumpin everyday right? sigh....
So most likely is too fishy.. hee. Try putting some ginger to get rid of the smell but not to let baby eat it.. :p

autumn82

Same. I freeze immediately too. Heh. Iggy still gags on egg yolk. He hates it. So I just add it into his porridge.. :p

CanCanMum

actually no matter how u store the fish, there is still some fishy smell rite??

mebbe can try salmon instead, but some say salmon cannot give to babies below 1 year old izzit true huhh?

but i gave Baber steamed salmon and den mash it up. He loves it (at 8months old)

diymummy

I let the infant care feed salmon to my baby (ard 7-8mths) and he got diarrhea.

Think gotta gauge baby's readiness? My son naturally everything sensitive. Sensitive skin and sensitive tummy. So maybe that's why will get diarrhea. My PD also advised me against using cod and salmon before my boy turns 1.

autumn82

actually no matter how you store the fish, there is still some fishy smell rite??

maybe can try salmon instead, but some say salmon cannot give to babies below 1 year old izzit true huhh?

but i gave Baber steamed salmon and then mash it up. He loves it (at 8months old)
Ya, agree else won't call fish.. :p

Wahahahah.

I guess it depends on individual whether are they ready for it. Iggy's been taking cod since 7mths old and he simply loves it. Doesn't like threadfin or salmon that much unless I panfry with butter.. Then he will take the salmon.

Ting

is the porridge too thick? that maybe why she gag?
perhaps her first time taking fish, so she doesnt like it? n threadfin with ikan bilis, dun sound tasty to me..
maybe u wanna start of with veggies first?
for me, i dun make stock.. i just cook the porridge, add in minced pork/a pc of pork n veggies like sweet potatoes, whye san, carrots, potatoes, spinach..
as for threadfin, i only buy one small pc (cos my mum knows the vendor well, so she will sell me a small portion for my girl). i normally buy 2-3 days portion only, n the aunty will cut n pack seperately for me, so i just freeze the un used ones. salmon, i also gv pin after she started on porridge, she loves it. my aunt buys for me, she will also cut n pack seperately for me..

for the fish, i will mash into her porridge n give pin, for minced pork, beginning i wont give her, i will just use it for the taste n remove when i feed her when she can chew better than i give her try.