Fish

ara

Hi all,

i have started fish for my 8 Month old baby and giving Salmon only, but which types of fish are suitable for baby? anyone using Kura or Kuro fish? I heard this one is available at wet market.

Thks!!

apollo

when ds was ard that age, we only give threadfin. aft 1yo we slowyly intro him cod fish and other fishes. =)

ara

Ok, Thanks. Thread fin fish and Kurau fish are same? where u get that Thread fin fish?

Fiona73

Thread Fin n ikan kurau are the same. You can get it from both wet market and supermarket. Quite a common fish.

apollo

my mum will help me buy threadfin. she buys them from wet market. but u have to take note, some seller sells threadfin cheaper BUT might not be fresh. my mum bought from 2 different sellers, one sells cheaper than the other but can see that the color is abit different and the cheaper ones seems to have abit of fishy smell which turns ds off. aft that she start buying from another seller, though ex but the fishes are much more fresher. My fren bought from supermarket, aft tt she switch to buy from wet market, according to her, wet market sells fresher fishes. =)

apollo

wow difficult qns!! hahaha.. i dunno hw does it looks lik cos the seller will sell in 'slices'. btw in the wet market they call it 'ngor he' or u can tell the seller u wanna get fish for babies. cos threadfin is v popular for giving babies. most babies have threadfin as their '1st fish' =)

candy_ian

Eh.. It's long and silver in colour n the head looks slightly pointed.. Haha! Anyway easily found at supermaket and wet market.

ara

Hi

Does the slices of Threadfin has bones? is it safe for baby? what about Mercury level of this fish?

Last edited:

apollo

Hi

Does the slices of Threadfin has bones? is it safe for baby? what about Mercury level of this fish?
all fishes has bones bahhh.. must check b4 u feed baby. usually we will remove all the bones b4 we keep in the freezer.. as for mercury level, i think no bahh, i not sure, didnt measure b4..

lila

Hi,
i gave my girl threadfin when she 8 months n got allergy. she got rash in her face n neck. any other fish can i try?

thx

candy_ian

All fish has got bones so u wld have to check it carefully before giving n for mercury level s. All fishes has got some level in mercury in them it is just the level of it.
Mercury in fish
Check the link out. It wld explain further.

apollo

Hi,
i gave my girl threadfin when she 8 months n got allergy. she got rash in her face n neck. any other fish can i try?

thx
i think shd stop giving fishes until she is older, maybe can try aft she hit 1yo. =)

cheekbe

Been giving cod to my girl since she's 6 months and she loves it! :Dancing_wub:
She's 9 months now... Just bought some pollock (also a white fish...read online that it's good for babies under 1 yo).

camom

Depends on which cut you take. If it's near the belly, usually more bones. I usually get the tail portion for fish for my kids, which is relatively boneless (well, other than the big spinal bone, tat is).