Food during hospital stay

weishy

Dear all,will be having c-section on 22nd.
1)will the hospital food be sufficient,do i need to take some tonic soups too other than the red dates drink?

2)should i bring along a few sachets of herbal bath and use it whilst in the hospital for dry cleaning of myself?

3)will hospital(MT E,single) hv kettle to boil hot water?

LoVeS

Dear all,will be having c-section on 22nd.
1)will the hospital food be sufficient,do i need to take some tonic soups too other than the red dates drink?

2)should i bring along a few sachets of herbal bath and use it whilst in the hospital for dry cleaning of myself?

3)will hospital(MT E,single) hv kettle to boil hot water?
Sum hospital their foods included tonic or double boiled soup. I dun tink u need xtra.

U can bring if u wan to BUT u need to boil really alot of water.

spottycow

Hi, I had 2 c-section. I didn't bath for a week coz of the bandage, I didn't want to get it wet. So I just use a wet towel to clean myself.

Just to let u know, because your tummy was sliced, you will feel pain for about 2 days after the op. So take pain killer after you r off the anesthetic, trust me, it is quite painful. Once you are off the drip and comfortable, try to move n walk. Though it is painful when you first try to stand, this pain will go away in a very short while and you will feel much better after that.

I went to Mt A, food n water was plenty. Depends on what u like/believe, I didn't have any special food/herbs/red date water after i give birth. I ate normal food, same as my family members.

LoVeS

Hi, I had 2 c-section. I didn't bath for a week coz of the bandage, I didn't want to get it wet. So I just use a wet towel to clean myself.

Just to let u know, because your tummy was sliced, you will feel pain for about 2 days after the op. So take pain killer after you r off the anesthetic, trust me, it is quite painful. Once you are off the drip and comfortable, try to move n walk. Though it is painful when you first try to stand, this pain will go away in a very short while and you will feel much better after that.

I went to Mt A, food n water was plenty. Depends on what u like/believe, I didn't have any special food/herbs/red date water after i give birth. I ate normal food, same as my family members.
the bandage should b waterproof mah, my c-section wound bandage is waterproof so i went ahead bathing the 2nd day. Same me aso at Mt A but my wound for painful for at least 4-5days which walking slowly aso hurt quite alot.

Celina

I tink they will have wad u need, other dan herbs?
i Doubt u wil hv the energy to bathe, until u reach home n rest more. I didnt bathe till the mid of the 2nd week.
My bandage was rather painful only aft i reach home n start to tc of bb myself. COs i move alot n hardly get rest. But still i didnt take any med from doctors, i threw all away as i was BF so i stayed away frm MEdications.

LoVeS

I tink they will have wad u need, other dan herbs?
i Doubt u wil hv the energy to bathe, until u reach home n rest more. I didnt bathe till the mid of the 2nd week.
My bandage was rather painful only aft i reach home n start to tc of bb myself. COs i move alot n hardly get rest. But still i didnt take any med from doctors, i threw all away as i was BF so i stayed away frm MEdications.
if the day u operate u haf enuff rest till nxt day, then nxt day sure got energy to bath 1. At least i feel rather refreshing during the nxt day n went ahead to bath.

Celina

i no energy to shower.. very tired, u noe why cos my bb keep wanting to drink milk. keep breastfeeding n kept on looking at him.. so tired till morning dan sleep.

only shower during my 2nd week
1st week only can wipe.. until i canot stand my smelly hair n body!

For me I stayed in kkh and I hardly ate their food, because I am a picky eater and their food sucks. So most of the time I eat food that my mother cook and then my husband wil bring it over for me.

leey

For me I stayed in kkh and I hardly ate their food, because I am a picky eater and their food sucks. So most of the time I eat food that my mother cook and then my husband wil bring it over for me.
agreed,
food is not good there. (as said from grandma times!!!)
only ask somebody to serve you.

CanCanMum

eh?? my stay in KKH for that 1.5 day was soOOoooo good....got menu to choose food somemore....like hotel stay....5 meals a day worh....can choose western or chinese style v good leh....

the first dish they served me immediately after i delivered was ginger fried rice....not bad leh....

CanCanMum

eh??? wrong wrong....they served me mee sua immed after i delivered.....but how to eat???? Badly needed sleep coz whole body was still shivering/shaking after the pushing.....in the end the mee sua wasted.....when i woke up after 4 hours later den started eating the fried rice....just nice lunch hour....kekekekekkee

January84

I stayed in TMC.

cannot remeber breakfast, but got Fish soup with green payaya, lunch is rice with some dishes, tea break is milo with biscuit/kueh which i saved for the night =) , dinner also rice with nice dishes...

food bery nice although i forget got what... haha..

CanCanMum

yeah mee too....neber got so good meals and got pple serve u so good!!! BF, tea, lunch, tea, dinner + supper....so good....

at home only serve husband nia~....like a maid. :p

daberdew

My food at Gleneagles was ok.. not too bad... also got meal selection :)but think after birth, I like very hungry like that so my family brought me more food...

SH74

gleneagles food really nice. even my hb also love it.

b4 preg, i eat v little per meal but hv many meals a day.
during preg, i eat like there's no tomorrow.
aft preg, i'm back to b4 preg. eat v little per meal but hv many meals a day.

so aft preg, my hb had to finish my hospital food. heng it tastes yummy. i think he's happy that i cant finish the food. :p

January84

hahah!!!! wow!!!! i loved to eat before preggy and so DH and I always go buffet.
But totally hate it when preggy when DS...

I ate only lemon biscuits and coke with lemon slices. I even hate the smell of rice!

& now preggy with DD, I LOVED to eat, esp fish, rice (normally 2 bowls for dinner), anything! and hungry easily, just cant stopped eating.

Meiji cocoa fresh milk, 1/2 - 1 botl at 1 go until gynae ask me to STOP. hahah

but funny enough, once DS born I can take fish soup the next morning. . . my 2nd meal . . . (DH says its all in my mind)

CanCanMum

Meiji cocoa fresh milk, 1/2 - 1 botl at 1 go until gynae ask me to STOP. hahah

but funny enough, once DS born I can take fish soup the next morning. . . my 2nd meal . . . (DH says its all in my mind)
meiji the strawberri de oso nicie nice...now i not preg i oso drink one bottle at once....so nice....i dink its the nicest strawberri milk in the market apart from aussie milk.....kekekkeke