Full Mth Celebration/Baby Shower - Preparation/Resources/Planning/Venue

JusMum

Re: Bakery for full month shower

Any mummy from jb ? i wish to know which bakery is does full moon packages , that look nice ?

firsttot

I ordered from both Choz and Sweetest Moments for my son's full month celebration.

Choz - to my hubby's colleagues (all gave thumbs up for the food; and my family and I personally also have tried and we like the kuehs and cakes sold at the shop - best angku kueh that I've eaten in S'pore, in terms of taste, texture and appearance; the skin is NOT overly red but not pale either, the thickness of the skin is just right, and the filling is abundant and tasty; by the way, the ang ku kuehs at the shop are sold out very quickly, best to go to the shop between 11am to 1pm on weekdays, freshly made at the shop daily)

Sweetest Moments - to all who attended the full month party (I personally love the packaging, the photocard, and the petite sized goodies in the box - the whole set is just so lovely, and the food is tasty too)

GlynnisBaby

hi all,

I am new. I like the mini cupcakes from Nani too. lovely and cute. Does anyone knows where to make customized paper bags or boxes for baby first month.

renieee

Full month celebration

Hi.. Need some help over here..

I will be due in September(though still a long way to go before full month).. And my PIL's place is having lift upgrading which i don't think it would be convenient to place a buffet there.. Cos it would be so dirty and cramp?? The upgrading has just started.. It's going to last for a long time..

Any idea to where i can hold a buffet??

Thought of having it in some clubs' function room but am not sure if it's going to be costly.. Don't really want to spend so much cos of tight budget.. Chalet is a little too inconvenient and there's no one to stay overnight there..

summerp

Re: Full month celebration

How about if you have friends or relatives staying at condo where they have the availablity of the function room/hall or BBQ area? Maybe free or pay nominal fees?

renieee

How about if you have friends or relatives staying at condo where they have the availablity of the function room/hall or BBQ area? Maybe free or pay nominal fees?
Hmm no relatives or friends staying in a condo.. Sigh..

renieee

why dont't you consider holding it at your own parent's place instead?
Sad to say, even the problem lies in my parent in law's place, they wouldn't be happy if i hold it at my parents' place.. They're those very old fashion type.. Or else i won't need to have such a headache..

Last edited:

Caroltpl

u staying at amk, maybe you can try grassroot club playroom...they provide Gim Tim catering there...

shiseru

Came across some recommendations, they are:

- The Chevrons

Or you can try function rooms or halls at CC or sports complex

perrier

I had mine at Bukit Batok Civil Service club. It cos $23 per pax which includes the function room as well. So far the cheapest I can find. One consideration for you. :)

renieee

Thank you so much everyone!! Will try to ask about the function rooms.. Keke..

Anymore ideas??

bellerichez

Sad to say, even the problem lies in my parent in law's place, they wouldn't be happy if i hold it at my parents' place.. They're those very old fashion type.. Or else i won't need to have such a headache..

They wont be happy if everything is held at your own parent's place? Tell them lah nowadays held at which side also same. Also remind them that you're on a Tight Budget. Aiya 1st month u celebrate for baby they also won't remember. Got held can already.

renieee

They wont be happy if everything is held at your own parent's place? Tell them nowadays held at which side also same. Also remind them that you're on a Tight Budget. Aiya 1st month you celebrate for baby they also won't remember. Got held can already.
They won't be happy also if i hold it at my parents place.. Tell also no use de.. Cos of their mindset.. And they care about their face more than anything.. Won't even bother if i am on a tight budget.. I was thinking, i don't even wanna hold the full month celebration..

pigletif

They won't be happy also if i hold it at my parents place.. Tell also no use .. Cos of their mindset.. And they care about their face more than anything.. Won't even bother if i am on a tight budget.. I was thinking, i dont't even wanna hold the full month celebration..
some in laws are just so troublesome. Actually nowadays nobody really held a full month celebration. Mostly is own family celebration and give vouchers or cakes to relatives only.. But since your in laws reali wan it, than got no choice to go ahead with the celebration.

annie03

Re: baby full month party,do on actual day or 1week after?

hi mummies, when do you all do your baby full month party?
do your do it on actual baby full month date or can do 1week after baby full month date?

Hi,

normally we do it earlier unless the actual day falls on a wkend, cos i heard ppl say do later is nt auspicious... cos like us adults normally also celebrate b/day earlier instead of later cos it wun be meaningless as it's already over...