Going back to work? wat happens to bm supply?

mummy84

How long are your working hours and what's your break time like?

For me when i went back to work, i latch my boy every morning before go work (wake up earlier to prepare) and at office i tried to pump as much as i could. once reach home i will latch my boy as much as i can. the first few weeks my boy refuse bottle, only want me, so when i reach home, he's very hungry and will suck until my breast totally deflated. hahaha.
after a while my supply stabilized and i got used to pumping at work and latching at night. total breastfeed my boy for 1yr plus :)

just rmb to drink more fluids. if possible drink more fish soup (i realise it helps to boost supply). before you go bac to work, try to express as much as possible so that can store up and also can increase your supply before you go back to work :)
wow!! i must saluate to u.. i keep pumpin every 2-3 hrs interval (except midnite) till my nipple v sore, even sipple cream doesnt help.. sometimes i really feel like giving up..

stonston

Your nipples should not be sore when you pump. It could be you are using the pump wrongly or the funnel is the wrong size.