Good TCM Doctor ???

anttan

---------
Hi,
I did not go to him for fertility treatment, so not sure about his charges in that area.
But 8 days of an tai yao plus consultation cost me $76.
Thanks alot! but think is not consider expensive... cos that time i got the an tai yao for once medication and cost me ard $20...

babyfross

I was referred to Chris Chen by TCM sinseh also. But after reading so much review abt him, I decided not to go to him for the check. It is way too expensive. So decided to look for another gynae instead. I was diagnosed with endometriosis from this TCM doc from Jurong east.

Anyone got treated by her with the same conditions and conceived successfully?

JWorld

:wong2:

Hi

I am new to this forum, formerly active in another baby/TTC forum.

I am just wondering...

any of you heard of cases whereby the woman got successful in TTC for the first baby with the help of TCM, and subsequently can get #2 without TCM?

I got my first born after 2 months of TCM. Now trying for #2. Been trying for two months (ie. stop using precautions). So far, no news. Not sure if I should go back to TCM. My hubby say try first. If still cannot, then TCM again.

JWorld

I was referred to Chris Chen by traditional chinese medicine sinseh also. But after reading so much review about him, I decided not to go to him for the check. It is way too expensive. So decided to look for another gynae instead. I was diagnosed with endometriosis from this traditional chinese medicine doc from Jurong east.

Anyone got treated by her with the same conditions and conceived successfully?
Did you verify the endometrisosis diagnosis with any gynae?

JWorld

Hi......anyone try traditional chinese medicine at Thomson Medical Centre? Any reveiew? thanks.
That one very new leh. My paediatrician is just next door. I always walk around while waiting for the queue. the TCM clinic always looks very empty. Not sure about weekdays or evenings though. cuz I usually go paediatrician on a weekend morning.

JWorld

Hi MoMoMum
Its true i agree this Dr Tan give some very standard ans to women like us.. PCOS .. and for men.. low sperm counts .. headless sperms etc.. I went to this Christopher Chen.. his nurses also reassure me that they are not related but the thing is.. when i went over right i did not mention anything on that i was referred by Dr Tan. I just said i want go for fertility test.. then is the nurse who approached the topic 1st by asking me.. did any doc refer Dr Chen to us? then we say yes.. we are referred to Dr Chen by this chinese doc.. i did not really rem her name then.. the nurse then ask me is it Dr Tan Lee Kee? Then i said not too sure since i cant rem.. then she ask me whether that doc got give me a paper stating her diagnosis etc.. which Dr Tan did gave me but she write till very messy i thought that is just a waste paper so i did not bring it along.. so i said no have. hehehe.. then the nurse say.. next time if she give must bring along. i m also quite skeptical .. if Dr chen so good.. he can diagnose himself .. why need Dr Tan's that waste paper ???

Anyway he proceed to do some test on me~ then the 2nd visit on my hubby.. got some lab test results .. so looks professional. He said i also got PCOS.. of coz the thot of it is scary.. so i ask him whether can i still conceive? then he said i got old eggs.. older than my age.. will be difficult unless i go for operation to clear my womb.. then i ask him if i go for the operations.. after that can i conceive? then he said he cant vouch it but he said at lest my eggs will be as old as i m.. and not older.. -.-" but he did said Dr Tan medicine will help me.. she help him advertise and he help her advertise.

I spent about a thousand plus there .. to do those tests..
Then after that i went back to this Dr Tan.. she said i no need take any operation just eat her medicine will do.. and from then i took her medicine for like 6 - 7 mths.. no results.. during this period.. there was this period of time whereby my menses failed to come.. and my HPT was -ve.. then she referred me to this doc from CARE.. which is quite cheap.. i went there do blood test and very-scan to find out why no menses so long.. and happened to find a cyst but this cyst is not serious just take medicine and it clear.. Then i realised this doc from CARE also do those tests which Christopher Chen do for me.. it could have been cheaper ! But i heard stories of those couples who went to see Dr Tan and when she refer them to Dr Chen.. they say too ex and she got very angry and work up like she want cheat them of the money like that.

Anyway after seeing the doc, of coz both me n my hubby got worried .. esp me.. i want a child so badly . And i got disappointed time after time when i see no results.. i decide to stop all these traditional chinese medicine treatments and stop seeing doc.. just try on my own and i manage to strike~ i think seeing these docs also add on to my stress and my expectation..

Oh ya i did refer a friend of mine to this Dr Tan and she said my friend got cysts in her womb so hard to conceive (not PCOS this time) and she advise her to see Dr Chen too. But my friend not very rich one.. so she decide to go to SATA just to do a scan and a test.. which cost i tink $100+ only and the scan all show she is perfectly fine.

I cant say whether Dr Tan is good or bad.. but her biz is definitely good.. if so many ppl willing to go back n see her.. maybe she does have her skills .. and i managed to strike after stopping her medicine for 2 mths.. so perhaps prior to that the medicine did help? anyway.. no definite ans .. so its up to you whether to believe or not to believe in her.. :)
I went to this TCM some years back cuz I wanted to improve my general health and was recommended to see this TCM.

The sinseh did not even ask me question. Took my pulse for a very short while and say I got fibroids on my left ovary (I dunno whether she meant cysts cuz fibroids don't grow on ovaries). Also said I have sinus. Asked me whether I have my own gynae. I told her that I was seeing her just to improve my health and was not TTC'ing. Also told her that I have my own gynae.

Even since then, I didn't go back to her. Cuz firstly, she looked young and I only trust TCMs that have many years of experience. Secondly, she read my pulse for 10 seconds and then concluded that I have fertility problem.

Two years later, I started to seriously TTC. After half a year of trying, no news. I remembered what the sinseh said. So I went ahead with laparoscopy at Thomson, by Dr Cheng who is the head of the fertility dept there. He found nothing and even took pictures of my ovaries etc.

I turned to other sinsehs and finally got pregnant.

babyfross

I went to this traditional chinese medicine some years back cuz I wanted to improve my general health and was recommended to see this traditional chinese medicine.

The sinseh did not even ask me question. Took my pulse for a very short while and say I got fibroids on my left ovary (I dont know whether she meant cysts cuz fibroids dont't grow on ovaries). Also said I have sinus. Asked me whether I have my own gynae. I told her that I was seeing her just to improve my health and was not trying to concieve'ing. Also told her that I have my own gynae.

Even since then, I didn't go back to her. Cuz firstly, she looked young and I only trust TCMs that have many years of experience. Secondly, she read my pulse for 10 seconds and then concluded that I have fertility problem.

Two years later, I started to seriously trying to concieve. After half a year of trying, no news. I remembered what the sinseh said. So I went ahead with laparoscopy at Thomson, by Dr Cheng who is the head of the fertility dept there. He found nothing and even took pictures of my ovaries etc.

I turned to other sinsehs and finally got pregnant.
Is the Sinseh from Jurong East Ying Chuan you went to previously? I heard alot of comments about her giving wrong diagnosis too. That is why I decided to seek for 2nd opinion. May I know you went to which sinseh after that?

Last edited:

JWorld

Is the Sinseh from Jurong East Ying Chuan you went to previously? I heard alot of comments about her giving wrong diagnosis too. That is why I decided to seek for 2nd opinion. May I know you went to which sinseh after that?
Yes, ith's Ying Chuan at Jurong East.
A lot of ppl highly recommend her. But my own experience is a good enough testimony that she is not reliable. Totally dun have good impression or opinion of her.

After that I went to Raffles Hospital's TCM. Not sure whether it's good or not. Cuz I was quite put off by the sinseh throughout my few visits there (I bought a package that include a few rounds of acupuncture). The sinseh kept saying that I produced no egg even though I have ovulation. Very hurting lor. And she has to say it repeatedly.

The last one that I went to, which eventually helped me get pregnant was one sinseh from Tong Chai Medical. Dr Loh. I didn't go Tong Chai medical to see her. I went to her private clinic at Upper Cross Street. I went to see her after Christmas in 2007. I got pregnant in Feburary (BFP on 29 Feb). This Dr Loh last time helped my counsin who was barren. Now my cousin has 5 kids and the eldest already past 21 years old. So my cousin trusted Dr Loh very much. And I chose to trust Dr Loh cuz she has so many years of experience (definitely more than 21 years).

JWorld

Yes, I am going to Kandang Kerbau Hospital for my checkup to confirm that I have PCOS and Endometriosis.
ya, better have a confirmation. If don't have those problems, at least you have a peace of mind. If confirmed have, KKH can recommend treatments.

babyfross

Yes, ith's Ying Chuan at Jurong East.
A lot of ppl highly recommend her. But my own experience is a good enough testimony that she is not reliable. Totally dont have good impression or opinion of her.

After that I went to Raffles Hospital's traditional chinese medicine. Not sure whether it's good or not. Cuz I was quite put off by the sinseh throughout my few visits there (I bought a package that include a few rounds of acupuncture). The sinseh kept saying that I produced no egg even though I have ovulation. Very hurting . And she has to say it repeatedly.

The last one that I went to, which eventually helped me get pregnant was one sinseh from Tong Chai Medical. Dr Loh. I didn't go Tong Chai medical to see her. I went to her private clinic at Upper Cross Street. I went to see her after Christmas in 2007. I got pregnant in Feburary (BFP on 29 Feb). This Dr Loh last time helped my counsin who was barren. Now my cousin has 5 kids and the eldest already past 21 years old. So my cousin trusted Dr Loh very much. And I chose to trust Dr Loh cuz she has so many years of experience (definitely more than 21 years).
Thanks for sharing so much with me, at least i'm sure my intuition is right for not trusting her and Dr Chen.

I have also considered going to Thong Chai medical for help after my medical checkup from KKH. Since you mention Dr Loh, I'm quite keen to see her too. Which Dr Loh you referring to, as I know that there is 2 Dr Loh at the centre? At the medical centre I understand will have to queue up early for consultation, but am not sure how is it like at her clinic? How much you pay for each visit at her clinic, as I believe since its her own clinic i'm sure will have to pay for the medicines and consultation? Lastly, is it possible to provide her details like clinic address, phone number and opertaing hrs?

Will be very much appreciated for your help :we3wubclub:

JWorld

Thanks for sharing so much with me, at least i'm sure my intuition is right for not trusting her and Dr Chen.

I have also considered going to Thong Chai medical for help after my medical checkup from Kandang Kerbau Hospital. Since you mention Dr Loh, I'm quite keen to see her too. Which Dr Loh you referring to, as I know that there is 2 Dr Loh at the centre? At the medical centre I understand will have to queue up early for consultation, but am not sure how is it like at her clinic? How much you pay for each visit at her clinic, as I believe since its her own clinic i'm sure will have to pay for the medicines and consultation? Lastly, is it possible to provide her details like clinic address, phone number and opertaing hours?

Will be very much appreciated for your help :we3wubclub:
the Dr Loh's chinese name is Lu Jin Yan. 卢锦燕 I heard there are other good sinseh at that centre, in case you don't get to see her.

Going to Thong Chai is a good move. It's free. You don't have to worry that the sinseh is out to cheat your money. If you think the physician is good or simply want to help this charity, you can always drop your donation money at level 1. I think most of the physicians have their own clinic outside. They are only at Thong Chai in the morning. I chose to go see Dr Loh at her private clinic cuz I didn't want to queue and plus I couldn't keep taking leave to see her in the morning at Thong Chai.

Thong Chai usually give you the prescription and maybe one free pack of the medicine. Then you have to go home and brew. I always believe that brewed chinese medicine are most effective.

babyfross

the Dr Loh's chinese name is Lu Jin Yan. 卢锦燕 I heard there are other good sinseh at that centre, in case you dont't get to see her.

Going to Thong Chai is a good move. It's free. You dont't have to worry that the sinseh is out to cheat your money. If you think the physician is good or simply want to help this charity, you can always drop your donation money at level 1. I think most of the physicians have their own clinic outside. They are only at Thong Chai in the morning. I chose to go see Dr Loh at her private clinic cuz I didn't want to queue and plus I couldn't keep taking leave to see her in the morning at Thong Chai.

Thong Chai usually give you the prescription and maybe one free pack of the medicine. Then you have to go home and brew. I always believe that brewed chinese medicine are most effective.
Same here, me and my hubby will not have the luxury of time to travel there in the morning. Will only be able to visit them after work. So you only get one pack of medicine every time you visit her? Possible to know her private clinic address too?

JWorld

For those of you ladies who have concerns about hubby having low sperm count, have you ever thought of giving your hubby cordyceps (冬虫草)?

When I was TTC-ing more than 2 years ago, my sinseh advised me to give my hubby this. She told me to buy cordyceps in powder form (ie grinded) and boil it with a few pieces of wolfberries (枸杞).

So I bought the cordyceps and requested for it to be grinded.

Every few days I will take one very small spoon of the powder (use one of those plastic disposal stirrer) and a few pieces of wolfberries, boil with water and then let my hubby drink. I also drink some of it since both cordyceps and wolfberries are good for health.

Not sure whether this did help my hubby's sperm count. But no harm trying since it's good for health.

JWorld

Same here, me and my hubby will not have the luxury of time to travel there in the morning. Will only be able to visit them after work. So you only get one pack of medicine every time you visit her? Possible to know her private clinic address too?
No, I got a week's supply every time cuz I only went to her private clinic. The free pack of medication is only given out at Thong Chai. At the private clinic, she only gives liquid medication and tablets. You have to see her every week so that she can monitor and give you suitable medication every time. That time she charged me about $50 for both myself and my hubby (ie each person $25). But towards the end, just before I got pregnant, she did say she woud increase the price cuz it's getting more expensive for her to import medicine. So I am not sure how much she will charge you. Also it depends on what medication she prescribes.

Ok here is the address

Be prepared to see a very run-down shop. It doesn't look like a clinic at all. In fact ,there are a lot of taoist statues in the shop. And she could only see you at a small table just outside the shop.

She is only there after 4 pm. But do give her a call before you go down. I always made it a point to call her just to be sure that she would be at her shop. I ever saw her after office hour, as late as 8 pm. So it's very convenient for me.

I am now TTC-ing for no. 2. I am very likely going to see her, even if there is a chance that I can get pregnant without TCM. I always believe that with good chinese medicine, I can have a good foundation to conceive a healthy child.

But of course, I am open to see other TCM as long as they are good. I am a very strong believe chinese medication one. :001_302:

babyfross

No, I got a week's supply every time cuz I only went to her private clinic. The free pack of medication is only given out at Thong Chai. At the private clinic, she only gives liquid medication and tablets. You have to see her every week so that she can monitor and give you suitable medication every time. That time she charged me about $50 for both myself and my hubby (ie each person $25). But towards the end, just before I got pregnant, she did say she woud increase the price cuz it's getting more expensive for her to import medicine. So I am not sure how much she will charge you. Also it depends on what medication she prescribes.

Ok here is the address

Be prepared to see a very run-down shop. It doesn't look like a clinic at all. In fact ,there are a lot of taoist statues in the shop. And she could only see you at a small table just outside the shop.

She is only there after 4 pm. But do give her a call before you go down. I always made it a point to call her just to be sure that she would be at her shop. I ever saw her after office hour, as late as 8 pm. So it's very convenient for me.

I am now trying to concieve-ing for no. 2. I am very likely going to see her, even if there is a chance that I can get pregnant without traditional chinese medicine. I always believe that with good chinese medicine, I can have a good foundation to conceive a healthy child.

But of course, I am open to see other traditional chinese medicine as long as they are good. I am a very strong believe chinese medication one. :001_302:
Hey thanks for the information ! Its very useful, at least I know how much I would expect for the visits. I'm sure you will very soon be pregnant again with your confidence. This the first time I'm trying on TCM so will very much depend on the words given by experienced people like you who has succeeded from TCM.

Now I feel much more confidence too, so we shall jia you together and hope to hear your good news soon :Dancing_wub:

Ban choon chan at marine parade. My relatives have gone to this TCM for years, from grandma's time! Long queue always and even korean and japanese tourists come to see him. I'm trying to conceive 2nd one. My first one was quite fast, but this time not so easy... :(
If still no success in 1 or 2 months, I think I will go for this TCM.

babyfross

Ban choon chan at marine parade. My relatives have gone to this traditional chinese medicine for years, from grandma's time! Long queue always and even korean and japanese tourists come to see him. I'm trying to conceive 2nd one. My first one was quite fast, but this time not so easy... :(
If still no success in 1 or 2 months, I think I will go for this traditional chinese medicine.
I've read about this TCM as well, but I believe his medicine comes in herbs which needs to be brew. I find it quite troublesome, and some podders feedback that it taste quite awful.

Did you visit him when you are trying for your 1st?

I've read about this traditional chinese medicine as well, but I believe his medicine comes in herbs which needs to be brew. I find it quite troublesome, and some podders feedback that it taste quite awful.

Did you visit him when you are trying for your 1st?
Yeah its the old style chinese medicine that must brew. Doesnt taste good, but maybe I'm quite used to this type of medicines as my mum used to boil for us when young for cough, flu, etc. But I always find chinese meds effective.

No I didn't visit him for 1st one as we conceived quite fast. We weren't even really trying but just didn't use any contraceptives. So it was a bit of surprise! But now that we're trying, it seems more difficult!! So I may go see him soon. But problem is all my relatives go to him and I don't really want everyone to know, then all the kaypoh aunties will keep asking, how how, any news? Stressful! And quite annoying also!