Have you had sex during your first trimester?

senscgal

Ladies,

I have an admission to make.. I haven't had sex with my husband since we found out we got pregnant. I will be 12 weeks in a couple of days. Initially, we were afraid that it will harm embryo placement as we have been ttc for 2 years (and finally blessed). Now, the nausea is killing any mood for sex (at least for me). My husband has been pretty understanding.. of course, he still masturbates to relieve himself ;P

Does any of you ladies feel this way.. and if so, when did you start having sex again??

miracle25

We stopped having sex too when we found out I was pregnant at week 6. Occasionally I'll still initiate to hav sex (as we had at least once a wk before pregnant), but hubby scared affect the foetus so rejected me.. eventually we only get intimate without the intercourse part. Until now our boy is coming 3 mths old already, we still haven had sex. Partly bcos my mum said gota wait at least 4 mths after giving birth & also both of us r tired & wif the baby now also not tat convenient..

Sex during any stage of your pregnancy is safe unless your doctor advises you not to and for future reference you may not like people's opinions and although they may appear rude they are just telling you what they think the best way they know how, and that is no reason to report someone.

senscgal

Miracle25 : Before the pregnancy, we have sex every 3-4 days. Hopefully, the nausea will disappear as I go into my second trimester this week. My husband looking forward to the end of the first trimester to finally have sex. I would hate to disappoint him. Perhaps my sex drive would return soon during the second trimester. Perhaps you could consider having ur mom to look after the baby while you have a romantic night with your husband and rekindle the sex and love life ;)

I think it's important for couples to rekindle their sex and love life after the birth of their child. (maybe not the first two months ;P). Looking at other posts/forums, husbands may seek to satisy their needs and comforts elsewhere...

DeLphInE

I have no sex for almost 2weeks after learning i am 6weeks preggy. Its the preganancy fatique that pulls us back.
I slept early even on weekends. But Glad my hubby understands that.
well not only me feeling tired he also, have to take gd care of me, waking up at nite to chk if im ok.

Im keen to find out with my gynea too if im ok at this stage for any love making anot.

My gynae advise not to have sex during first trimester, Just to play safe. When reach 2nd trimester should be quite safe. My friends all say ok but better to check with your gynae. I had it once around 16 weeks but maybe too long never have and I quite tense cos worried about baby, didn't really enjoy and quite painful inside my vagina. I intend to wait until week 20 if everything fine after the scan then try. Hee.. My hubby did touch me until orgasm and I felt really good! Hee.. I Check online it says ok to orgasm. But i definitely won't do often. My hubby doesn't mind not having sex as long as I help him get comfy but actually I tired to do it for him haha but will try to do it cos I know must be pretty hard to abstain him for 9 months.

senscgal

It's great that we have wonderful husbands though they still need to relieve themselves. The nurse told us to abstain from sex for a couple of weeks after we knew we were pregnant... not sure when to resume but we decided to have sex once we reach 13 weeks. Husband doing the count down while I hope that the nausea & fatigue go away by then... (2more days). I will need to stock up on lubricants.. hopefully sex won't hurt after several weeks of abstaining!!

Delphine : Update us!! we keep forgetting to ask the gynae after seeing the ultrasound!!

Cherryblossom : We can orgasm?? ohhh... I though it was on the 'avoid list' for first trimester.. or perhaps just early first trimester.. Looking forward to feeling good!! hahah.. Been having horny dreams from this abstinence.. and ironically, I am just not in the mood at night due to nausea and fatique.. Perhaps a morning session~ :shyxxx:

Last edited:
Sescgal: nono, I only have sex and orgasm when I reach 16 weeks. Cos gynae also advise first trimester better don't have sex. So we wait for one more month. :) but by then was quote painful, didn't use lubricant. Is it safe to use? Maybe better to check with gynae.

Hee I also having dreams these days about my and hubby go 偷情... *shyshy* lucky I'm not the only one. :p

senscgal

Cherryblossom : Cheers!! preg ladies having horny dreams.. heheh.. :) Did you have sex before 16 weeks (excluding orgasm)? Perhaps 13 weeks? I was kinda looking for an orgasm "finally!!!" after reading ur earlier message.. so must delay?? sigh..

About lubricant.. my gynae uses lubricant when performing vaginal ultrasound during the early pregnancy.. I guess to be more baby-friendly... I will use Pre-seed (a bit more expensive but.. oh well.. investment for the better pleasure and peace of mind)..

ps. when I re-read our messages.. I just cant stop smiling and gigging! So funny~

Sencgal: lol! Ya also think we very funny! Very paiseh to ask ppl in person so think share here still ok la :p

Ya I wait until 16 weeks to have sex and orgasm.. Most ppl say should be ok after 3 months but I waited one more month. Maybe u check with your gynae cos maybe different preggy conditions different.

Enjoy your pregnancy ! :)

senscgal

Cherryblossom : Did it last weekend in d afternoon (since I usually feel terrible in the evening). Lubed myself pretty well. Sex was okay I guess after abstinence for several weeks.. slightly sore and painful but husband was gentle and is over the moon~ heehe.. Hopefully, the next attempt will be more mutually pleasurable... ps. what sort of positions are safe for pregnant ladies?

andieluv2

my gynae advise better not to have sex.in the first trim as the embryo is not stable yet. but after my 3 months scan, he.gave the.green light and we were over the moon!!! not too sure if u ladies experience, sex during.pregnancy was kinda more pleasurable for me. at least the.orgasm was.stronger and.longer for me. and he doesnt need to eject outside as i am already preggy. so its a double bonus.for us. but ever since my 3rd trim till now, after i deliver.for 6wks, we haben make love yet. guess.both.of us are really tired after the baby's.born. cant wait to rekindle our love life..

DeLphInE

Gynea say ok to hav sex!! Gentle ones...hahaha but highlight to me if any bleeding must immediately go find her...

Dragontail

LOL I read these posts and I'm like agreeing in silence .... :p So true on the wet dreams....*chuckle*

We decided to resume sex like at the end of the 13 weeks so that's at 2nd trime. Didnt have a chance to ask the gynae if it was safe. As the motto says.... "Just do it".

We have been doing spooning. Because we feel that's the most gentle on me. We havent dare to try others!

senscgal

I love you ladies for sharing on this topic :)

Andieluv, Envious of you!! Hopefully the second trimester will be kinder to all currently preggy ladies and will experience a more pleasurable sex experience!! ps. update us if sex after giving birth is any different - the experience? Also, what sort of positions work for you during the 2nd and third trimester?

My husband was randomly commenting last night about how true the "jelly bean" theory was . The theory supposedly states that for each time you have sex before you are married, you put a jelly bean in the jar. Once married, remove a jelly bean each time you have sex. Theoretically, a man will have less sex after they get married and after children... Anyways, I got the hint and gave him an evil glare!! ahhaha...

Dragontail, we did missionary last week... perhaps this weekend, we will try spooning... I think less deep penetration is prob more 'gentle' for me ;)

andieluv2

senscgal:675134 said:
I love you ladies for sharing on this topic :)

Andieluv, Envious of you!! Hopefully the second trimester will be kinder to all currently preggy ladies and will experience a more pleasurable sex experience!! ps. update us if sex after giving birth is any different - the experience? Also, what sort of positions work for you during the 2nd and third trimester?

My husband was randomly commenting last night about how true the "jelly bean" theory was . The theory supposedly states that for each time you have sex before you are married, you put a jelly bean in the jar. Once married, remove a jelly bean each time you have sex. Theoretically, a man will have less sex after they get married and after children... Anyways, I got the hint and gave him an evil glare!! ahhaha...

Dragontail, we did missionary last week... perhaps this weekend, we will try spooning... I think less deep penetration is prob more 'gentle' for me ;)
i think watever position it is as long as u dun put strain on ur tummy and its comfortable for all 3 of u(mummy, daddy and baby). so for me i.prefer to lie on my sides and he kneel down. similar to spooning but he's not lying behind u nahz. it gives a deeper penetration and hence u feel more pleasurable. actually one of the signs that i suspect that i was preggy was that whn i have orgasm initially i experience slight tummy cramps which is unusual for me.

and i think its pretty sexy to have sex whn preg. i dun know but whn women is preggy naturally they looks sexier and prettier?! well at least thats wat my hub and i think. same for breast feeding. its.beautiful isnt it? but its abit irritating whn ur.hub is treatibg u like a piece.of brittle paper whn ML, sometimes.i will juz shout at him can.u go harder?! i am alrite!! lol...

and my hub actually jokingly reject sex with ne whn i was term, saying wait our baby see the "big thing" will be scared and wonder wat the hell is that if we have penetration. i gave.him the -___-!|| look.. lame...

really cant wait to.rekindle.our.love life again but currently at my mum's place.and.gotta keep.waking.uo to.bf.and.pump. really got.no.extra.strength for anything else.now.. lol...

Oh I missed this thread! Hehe..
Oh can ask what is spooning? :p
My cousin advised better not try missionary's cos scare will press onto the stomach but I think that's for later part of pregnancy. For us we tried having me lie on bed at the edge of the bed while my hubby stand so wont press on my tummy. We also tried with me on top so I can control how deep I want to be. Usually I don't prefer me on top that much cos my strength is lesser so the penetration not forceful enough but since now I'm preggy, I want more gentle so this position is ok for me. :)

I think it's normal to have a bit of cramps cos when i still don't know I'm preggy during 1st tri, i also experience strong cramps. Now when I orgasm, I just immediately stop, not too greedy to let it prolong. :)

senscgal

Cherryblossom, spooning is both of you lying side by side (not facing each other) - i.e hubby lie behind you style..

I have been doing missionary style so far..initially, for the first time, it hurts a bit.. but was much better during the second time. Just make sure you are really lubed and wet... ;P

I find women on top has deeper penetration.. not sure if I agree that it's more gentle.. and also more work for preggy ladies.. heheh.. just afraid I might get nauseous from riding him! hahaha!

senscgal

LOL I read these posts and I'm like agreeing in silence .... :p So true on the wet dreams....*chuckle*

We decided to resume sex like at the end of the 13 weeks so that's at 2nd trime. Didnt have a chance to ask the gynae if it was safe. As the motto says.... "Just do it".

We have been doing spooning. Because we feel that's the most gentle on me. We havent dare to try others!
We tried the spooning this weekend.. Personal opinion, I think missionary position is more gentler. I bled a bit (prob from a slight tear from that entry)... ;p