heat rash, mosquito or ????

Hi all mummies relised just 3 days ago that my 4mths old bb gal has rashes on her limbs. nt sure if its rash per say cse its actully little red dots . saw it on her hands n legs. to b more specific on her arm, finger, elbow, under her leg, on her thigh etc but nothing on her body yet. she just had her injection ( 5 in 1 n penumoccal jab ) like 2 wks ago. e little dot comes by itself as in its nt in patches its like a single dot here n there n spread out n its flat nt raised. my mum thinks that its mosqutio bite but hubby thinks otherwise he is guessing measles or heat rash but mum insist its nt mesalses but mosquito bite cse inlaw hse juz a spring cleaning n mentioned that their rm got mosquito n my gal had selpt in e rm for e last few days when we went for cny visits. nw monitoring her. any advise what cld hve caused the red dots???? is there a concern to do the tumbler test??????( read abt this method somewher to test for some meadical conditon).may i oso ask if its mosqutio bites cant use mobiko ( spelling error ) rite @ tis age ??? i bought this aloe vera gel from guerdian as asvised by the person n it can b edible incase bb suck her hand. do u use this too or can we use desitin cream or even ruyi oil for insect bite ???? shld i b alaram n bring her for doc visit juz 2 b sure . btw she is having her injection soon in 2 wks time. i need to know just in case something is happening but we fail to notice n action on it. thks all for sharing

diymummy

If it is heat rash, you can monitor for the next few days and try cooling her and cleaning her. It will subside if it is heat rash. Over cny the weather was atrocious. So it could well be heat rash.

Is the skin around the dots rough? If it is rough, it could be an allergy. It could be anything from dustmites to something which you could have eaten and passed into your breastmilk to her. If it is, then you might want to try applying some moisturizer on those patches. I'm using Physiogel lotion. Some people I know also use California Baby Calendula cream. For really bad cases, doctors will prescribe a steroid cream. Try to remember what you ate over the last few days and avoid the new items which you've been eating to rule out food allergies.

If it is measles or chicken pox, your baby should be starting to run a fever already. If there is a fever, please bring your baby to see a doctor immediately.

Is there any other things that you notice that came with the dots? Like crankiness or diarrhea...

If it is mosquito bites, you can use Zambuk.

Phoebii Cheng

My son for the past few days oso has this little red dots on his hand, he has some on his face body and neck and leg....

But my guess is heat rash, cos it is pretty small now and almost invisible....try to keep the area dry, when he perspire, wipe it and put powder....

And yes agree with what diymummy says observe the next few days first

Ting

just monitor for the next 2-3 days.
if its heat rash, clean her occasionally n powder her to stay dry.
if it doesnt go away or more increases, do bring her to a doctor if in doubt.

hi all thks for sharing. e red dots are still there. no increase n no subsiding as well.

Diy mummmy- e skin ard e red dot is nt rough. she doesnt seems to hve diarrhoe cse as far as i noe diarrhoea is like pooing 10 over times watery stool in a dae. she passed motion once during that period o time but its a mixture o watery n normal poo. she is oso cranky n cried more than usual . but we atrributed it to insufficent slp esspecailly afternoon naps cse we went hse visiting during cny so she hasnt had like a gd rest .

i,m still applyin e aloe vera gel.

hw long shd i wait for e rashes to disappear b4 bringing her to doc like 3 more days etc

diymummy

If the red dots are still there and doesn't seem to be subsiding now, you should try to bring her to a doctor.

From your first post, you said you noticed it 3 days ago. So today should be the 4th day. If it doesn't seem to be subsiding, by end of today or tomorrow, you should bring her to see a doctor to see what's the cause of it.

stonston

It could be viral rash. During viral infection, sometimes you will get small red bumps which look like rashes. My boy had it twice when he had mild viral infection (flu). Although he was not feverish or having running nose, it was a sign that it's going to start.

It could also be food allergy :) Best to bring to doc to check.

izanyzam

Hi pink kitty...Thanks so much for opening up this thread coz my baby boy also has the same red spots...!!! He had it since a few days ago but it did not spread..Just 3 spread out spots on his arm..Apart from that,he seems fine though..So im not that worried.. :001_302:

By the way,has anyone noticed that theres soooo many mosquitoes around these past few days..?? Must be due to the hot weather..Me and hubby got sooo fed up with having to chase after these pests..Just the other night,i found a mosquitoe feeding on poor baby boy while he was asleep..I got no choice but to smack my boy's arm.That was the end of the mosquitoe's life..!! HAHA..!! Lucky my boy doesnt develop any fever but i am keeping a lookout for it.In the end,we sprayed ridsect all over the house and went out the whole day.When we came back,there wasnt any mosquitoes left.We literally had to "fog" the house..!!!

Last edited:

stonston

Recently alot of mosquitoes! But my family not affected cos we put citronella oil in our fan & aircon. Plus we put it in our washing machine when we wash clothes. Natural insect repellent. I'm not very good with plants, else I'll plant a pot of it.

Foxtrot

Recently alot of mosquitoes! But my family not affected cos we put citronella oil in our fan & aircon. Plus we put it in our washing machine when we wash clothes. Natural insect repellent. I'm not very good with plants, else I'll plant a pot of it.
Can i ask where u get the citronella oil from? about how much? and how u put in the fan and aircon?