help!how to toilet train!

karinchue

hello all ! i'm new just join d club!:001_302: i'm a stay hm mum,i've a boy who will b 2yo next wk. how should i toilet train him? how often to bring him to loo? :eek:15:

lis

u can use huggies pull up.. bring him to the loo for every 1hr.. if he onie wet his diaper once,can reuse again.. easier.. so u dun have to wash the training pants now n den..

karinchue

i did bring him to the loo now n then,but he will cry,no matter how hard i try he will only pee wif pull up on !!:bmad:

lis

hmm.. maybe he's not mentally ready yet.. it's okey.. slowly.. take it ez..

pink_daisy

hello all ! i'm new just join d club!:001_302: i'm a stay hm mum,i've a boy who will b 2yo next wk. how should i toilet train him? how often to bring him to loo? :eek:15:
both my 2 kids r toilet trained after they turned 2.... i tink my gal easier to train than my boy...

starting, i let my boy sit on those cute little potty n wee wee inside.. in the beginning, he doesnt quite understand the meaning of wee wee inside n wat's the potty for...it took a couple of months b4 he understand... slowly, each child is different..

if u do send him to childcare n if his diaper is wet/soiled, the childcare ppl will change for him. juz make sure, u bring along extra diapers n clothings for him to b changed there..

stonston

my boy hates potty. he likes the adult toilet bowl.
he dun wear pampers at all. every 15min ask him if he wanna go.
so far it's been 3 weeks, he onli peed in his pants twice and poo in his pants once.
slowly he's starting to tell us, but we still need to ask him frequently.

me: baby u wan go shh shh?
baby: no mummy, i dun wan go shh shh
me: baby u wan go toilet?
baby: no mummy, i dun wan go toilet
me: baby u wan go putput?
baby: no mummy i dun wan go putput

then he'll start getting angry and shout very loudly:
NO MUMMY, I DUN WAN GO TOILET!

but no choice, we still ask. worse part is i ask le, my maid will ask, then my mum will ask, then my hb will ask, then my sis will ask, then i will ask again and the whole cycle repeats! hahaha!

it takes alot of patience. dun worry, some kids onli toilet trained when they r 3-4yo, u r starting at 2yo is very good le :) it'll take some time before they understand. dun worry k?

Daddy D

Alpha Male
My dear daughter is toilet trained by my mum... when 2yrs old also...
My mum is sch of hard knocks... daytime just dont wear diapers... let dear daughter pee on herself a few times, then dear daughter will know.
Only when nap/at nights then wear diapers.
Then gradually try without diapers when nap/nights... have to bring her pee 1st before she sleeps or in middle of nites.
Then gradually try using public toilets... previously my dear daughter got this phobia of auto-flush... then must shoot squatting toilet somemore... faint ahh... nowadays so hard to find squating toilets!
But now she ok ... just ask her close eyes if she dont like the blinking light/auto-flush.... and she will wake up when she wants to pee.

Still can't get her to use the adult toilet on her own... too high for her.

karinchue

thkq for all the help guys !!:win: my boy put all his toys inside his potty,n don allow anyone to touch! :eek:11: patience, be patience,be more patience-think tats somthing i hv to learn !:001_302:

stonston

thkq for all the help guys !!:win: my boy put all his toys inside his potty,and dont allow anyone to touch! :eek:11: patience, be patience,be more patience-think tats somthing i have to learn !:001_302:
ur boy did the exact same thing as my boy! tt's y he refuse to sit on potty! he onli wanna use the proper toilet bowl :p

yan2

My dd just turn 2 yrs old...had her diaper free the whole day except sleeping time...bring her to toilet every 1/2 hrs....prasie and clap my hands when she wee wee....