HELP!!!! Refusing solid food agaiN!

annie

wats wrong with eating cereal till tat age? even adults eat cereal for breakfast at times isnt it? hee. if u are ready to give your bb those commercial bb food, u can bring along too. bb jar food or some bb biskuits.

for me, i brought my girl to singapore for 4 days as well when she was 10mths old..yes totally no solid. only on milk. u can make some home made pancakes, french toast and muffins to bring along too. pancakes and french toast can last only 1 day then muffins can keep for 3 days.

i have some finger recipes which u can try in my girl's blog to bring there. things like pancakes, muffins, cookies etc.. Our Precious Princess!

my mum tried to cook porridge and cereal for her also but she totally rejected those! lol.

apollo

wats wrong with eating cereal till that age? even adults eat cereal for breakfast at times isnt it? hee. if you are ready to give your baby those commercial baby food, you can bring along too. baby jar food or some baby biskuits.

for me, i brought my girl to singapore for 4 days as well when she was 10mths old..yes totally no solid. only on milk. you can make some home made pancakes, french toast and muffins to bring along too. pancakes and french toast can last only 1 day then muffins can keep for 3 days.

i have some finger recipes which you can try in my girl's blog to bring there. things like pancakes, muffins, cookies etc.. Our Precious Princess!

my mum tried to cook porridge and cereal for her also but she totally rejected those! lol.
u misunderstood me liaoo. haha! i meant, cos currently ds will reject hi cereal on n off.. and i'm afriad by tt time he will totally reject cereal =(

i let ds tried those commercial puree b4, but not v often, cos i'm afriad he will get too used to them. so hopefully, he can do well with just cereal and milk during our trip =)

annie

oh hehe sorry sorry.. my girl hates those jar food.. so i have no way to be lazy lol. poor me.

apollo

mummies, may i noe what type of food u gif to ur baby (when he/she is 9mth old) other than cereal n porridge?? can i just feed him bread?

i really dont know where the pro lies.. i tot he might be tired of the taste so i add in puree, he still ate a few spoonful and rejected it.. ytd my mum fed him watermelon, he dont want, when we get a dtraw for him to suck, he wants.. when i gave him gerber star puff, he eats, when i gave him those baby bites biscuits, he refused to chew n eat, unless i make it into smaller pieces and put into his mouth.

annie

hmm at 9mths i only give her mainly cereal and porridge iirc.. just use differnet veg n meat for different taste.. have u given him egg? egg yolk only i mean. can try to beat the egg yolk into porridge or make him omelette/fried egg with only egg yolk. i give my girl bread only around 10mths iirc.. n noodles, bee hoon around 1yr old.. some toddler start to be picky all of a sudden. it might be teething or it might just be tat your boy started to be picky.. so got to trial n error.. or try to cook his meat, veg n carbo seperately? some toddler prefer it this way though previously they are ok with everything mix together...

there is a risk of wheat allergy if he has not taken bread before.. if he has then maybe u can try french toast with just the yolk? see if he likes it? or sandwiches... or try rice if he is ok with it. try to make his porridge more watery or more pasty n see which he prefers. again, there is some recipe of the food i made for my girl around tat time too if u interested, u can take a look at her blog below. hehe

apollo

just to update..

i just brought ds to pd cos he has been vomiting since last night and even milk intake also drop.

pd said he has throat infection and stomach flu, and this explain y he suddenly refuse solid food. =(

Daddy D

Alpha Male
My wifey BF dd till almost 2 years old... so if u ask me... just drink milk enuff liaoo bahhh...
the throat infection may be due to swallowing the solids?
the stomach flu may be due to the indigestion of the solids?

Once u give kids more choices... they become more fussy....

Just my guess :)

apollo

My wifey BF dear daughter till almost 2 years old... so if you ask me... just drink milk enuff liaoo bahhh...
the throat infection may be due to swallowing the solids?
the stomach flu may be due to the indigestion of the solids?

Once you give kids more choices... they become more fussy....

Just my guess :)
i agree.. tt's y i always 'limit' his choice.. haha

bf till 2? but she still giving solid food to her right??

pd keep 'suspect' me giving him 'adult' food lehhh.. i told him i gave him ABIT (really is abit) of gardenia white bread. he said also CANNOT!

learnt my lesson alrdy...

Daddy D

Alpha Male
i agree.. that's y i always 'limit' his choice.. haha

bf till 2? but she still giving solid food to her right??

pediatrician keep 'suspect' me giving him 'adult' food lehhh.. i told him i gave him ABIT (really is abit) of gardenia white bread. he said also CANNOT!

learnt my lesson alrdy...
purely BF lahh... baby also cannot chew...
food variety is only for adults who "think" the baby prefers other variety... but most of the times... baby just eat n sleep n poop.... u give what the baby also will eat bahhh...
jiat lat lahh u.... anyhow feed... at least give those baby biscuits that will "melt" in the mouth... bread just gets stuck there... (I read that bread is for 1 year old... but also depends on individual babies)

For your reference below... (still depends on individual babies... most websites are for catered for western diet... not always suitable for local context)
Introducing Solids to Your 8 month to 10 month old Baby, Solid Food Charts for 8 to 10 Months old - Introducing Baby to Meats, Spices, Fruits, Vegetables and Meat

"Remember, baby will not have molars until sometime around the 12-18 month age range. Foods should be easily mashed between the gums."

apollo

purely BF lahh... baby also cannot chew...
food variety is only for adults who "think" the baby prefers other variety... but most of the times... baby just eat n sleep n poop.... you give what the baby also will eat bahhh...
jiat lat lahh you.... anyhow feed... at least give those baby biscuits that will "melt" in the mouth... bread just gets stuck there... (I read that bread is for 1 year old... but also depends on individual babies)

For your reference below... (still depends on individual babies... most websites are for catered for western diet... not always suitable for local context)
Introducing Solids to Your 8 month to 10 month old Baby, Solid Food Charts for 8 to 10 Months old - Introducing Baby to Meats, Spices, Fruits, Vegetables and Meat

"Remember, baby will not have molars until sometime around the 12-18 month age range. Foods should be easily mashed between the gums."
i let him tried once only lahh.. and other than bread, nth else, but it was 2 weeks ago lehh.. hehe...

but aft this time, i doubt i will take the risk again.. =(

anw i meant bf till 2yo, is fully bf? no baby porridge/cereal mehh??

meiteoh

Just BM and no solids even at 2 years old? You sure ar, DaddyD?

After that, your toddler got no issues eating solids? :S

annie

my hubby's boss also say is wife only bf their boy till 2yrs old.. got give solids but not much. just let him graze abit here n there. i dunno if this works for all babies as ive tried n my girl lost alot of weight.. so im not very comfy with giving only milk. furthermore, ive read many books saying milk should be the main source of nutrients below 1 but after 1, its no longer enough.. esp iron.. so should be taken from solids.

stomach flu n throat infection might be from bacteria infection. not necessarily from food. bread is perfectly fine for around 10mths onwards provided that the bb dosent have wheat allergy, can chew properly n of cos give them in small tiny bits.

im not too sure bout the 'give variety yields picky bb' kind of logic but my mum said the same thing.. for me, i gave my girl alot of variety because i dun wan her to end up like me "many things never eat before so now dun dare to try". so i gave her plenty of variety of food to eat... but yes she is very picky now. dunno related or not though.. i thought give them lots of variety then they wont be picky lol. cos my mum never give us lots of variety tats y we are all super picky eaters. many things dun eat since never eat before. esp veg.. all my siblings dun take veg.. i dun wan my girl to end up like this too so i give her lots of veg now lol

apollo

my hubby's boss also say is wife only bf their boy till 2yrs old.. got give solids but not much. just let him graze abit here n there. i dont know if this works for all babies as ive tried n my girl lost alot of weight.. so im not very comfy with giving only milk. furthermore, ive read many books saying milk should be the main source of nutrients below 1 but after 1, its no longer enough.. esp iron.. so should be taken from solids.

stomach flu n throat infection might be from bacteria infection. not necessarily from food. bread is perfectly fine for around 10mths onwards provided that the baby dosent have wheat allergy, can chew properly n of cos give them in small tiny bits.

im not too sure bout the 'give variety yields picky baby' kind of logic but my mum said the same thing.. for me, i gave my girl alot of variety because i dont want her to end up like me "many things never eat before so now dont dare to try". so i gave her plenty of variety of food to eat... but yes she is very picky now. dont know related or not though.. i thought give them lots of variety then they wont be picky lol. cos my mum never give us lots of variety tats y we are all super picky eaters. many things dont eat since never eat before. esp veg.. all my siblings dont take veg.. i dont want my girl to end up like this too so i give her lots of veg now lol
cos on top of throat infection and stomach flu, ds also have rashes on his face. tt's y pd suspected it might be food allergy or sth.. he has been taking medi since ytd, but his appetite still not v good. b4 this, he will cry for milk every 3 hrs, aometimes 2.5hrs..

i was told to give just milk these few days until his appetite is back den start to intro him solid food.. sigh~

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Just breast milk and no solids even at 2 years old? You sure ar, DaddyD?

After that, your toddler got no issues eating solids? :S
Mainly BF... n those baby biscuits back then... moreover dd is in the 90% percentile... no issues on weight loss :)
She's ok when we introduced porridge to her after 2 yrs old.

apollo

Mainly BF... n those baby biscuits back then... moreover dear daughter is in the 90% percentile... no issues on weight loss :)
She's ok when we introduced porridge to her after 2 yrs old.
lik tt i more fang xin liaooo.. i still v scare these few days gif my boy mainly on milk, aft few days he will 'forget' hw to take cereal/porridge bo.. haha..

Ting

hope ashton is feeling better now..
well, wont forget dee lahs.. a baby's brain b4 3 yo is like a sponge, they can rmb things very well.

actually, daddy_d, one point i dun agree with u is abt the variety feeding.
i find tt kids who r not given a variety of food to try end up being fussy n picky eaters.
well, pin is not the eat all kind of food kiddo lahs, she also has certain kinds of food tt she doesnt eat like to eat (which i think is normal), but she isnt a fussy eater at all, u give her what she eats, unless it tastes yucky..
of cos certain food like onion, garlic this kind she doesnt like, but as in main food, she is ok.
i've come across kids tt r super picky in food, one whole table of food, but only end up eating ONE DISH out of the few dishes.
very jialat.

as of bread, i also feed pin bread when she was very young, she also munch n swallow.

annie

ya im one living eg of not eating a variety of fd n super picky even till now lol.

ya stomach flu then better stop solid for few days to let stomach rest lol. think they no appetite also..