help!!!!

joeyz

my boy just turned 4 mths n just today he has been very unusual. he will whine, crank n cry and didnt hv much afternoon nap n he even drank lesser milk today. i gave him 130ml of milk at 1230pm and lasted for 5 hrs and gv him another 160ml of milk thn he fussed n crank, so i make another 60ml for him but he refused to drink n start cranking n fussing.. while feeding him milk, his eyes are closing n seem like going to sleep but he seem to be fighting to go to sleep. Took me 2 hrs to finally put him to sleep while carrying him. I suspect it is teething but thn he never drool at all which is unusual.

May i knw which brand of teething gel is least harmful and effective for babies?

Would love all tips & advices from all mummies.

Phoebii Cheng

Hi

If you suspect tht ur boy is teething, u might want to feel his gum to check...and oso tht time when my son was teething, we brought him to PD who prescribed a gel for him

I think there is on the shelf gel, but not sure which one.

Btw, does ur son recently like to put fingers in the mouth? Tht could be part of sign of teething too.....and like to put things in the mouth

Or you might want to monitor ur son for next few days, if continute to be like tht could oso be a passing phase

You mention tht ur son seem to be sleepy, did he get enough nap time? cos bb if not enough sleep or not enough milk will be cranky.....

apollo

if u confirm he is teething, u can get him teething gel. my pd prescribe ds a teething gel call Dentinox. it is available at many pharmacies. i saw it at watsons, guardian =)

woofy55

hey.. my parents are talking about rubbing "jin feng sang" on louis's gum everyday after bath to prevent scares/crankiness and may also "teething without knowing" .. faint... got such xian dang...

Do you all use such things to your babies nowadays??? Is it safe??

joeyz

jus now i managed to scroll back past post and saw a mummy mentioned dentinox, quickly went down to watson to buy it. Also put the teether ring in the freezer to chill. Came back home, i tried to let dear son chew on the teether, he seem to like it, thn fed him gripe water (he loves it alot and seem to help to soothe his gum itchiness), thn try to apply the gel on his gum. I find it very difficult to apply on his gum since he kept struggling n crying n his tongue keep moving n figeting.. though i think i did apply on his upper n lower gum but i was wondering since he kept licking/sucking, will it went off before it take effect? Anyway, after i applied he still cry like hell, so i fed him gripe water till he KO.. Sigh. i am jus puzzled if dear son is teething, how come he didnt drool like most babies leh?

joeyz

hey.. my parents are talking about rubbing "jin feng sang" on louis's gum everyday after bath to prevent scares/crankiness and may also "teething without knowing" .. faint... got such xian dang...

I heard of jin feng sang but never knew wat is it meant for.. have u try it before?

Phoebii Cheng

"jin feng san" heard tht it is for bb not to hv any shock or scared. It is in powder form, most older generation they use it for bbs esp newborn.....but for me I did not use it on my son though my mom ask me to

candy_ian

i rem my son was similar too ard 5 months, he didn't appreciate teether nor detinox gel and i didn't give him gripe water too.. what i did was to use a wet small mouth towel to rub his gums which i cld see was slightly swollen.

Ting

when pin was teething i also didnt use much teething gel also.. didnt like the idea of it.
i just gv her teethers n use wet hankies to freeze them.
haha, sometimes i just wet the hanky, wrap arnd my finger n let her "bite".
she likes it, prob cos my finger is "harder" than the teethers so she feels more shiok.
my dad also do that, esp when he is watching TV! :D

diymummy

Teething gels are basically an L.A. You should read the label that came with the box because you shouldn't be applying it more than 6 times a day iirc. Also the effects of teething gel only lasts for approximately 20min so it's best to be used just before sleep or before feed so that the pain is soothed for them to sleep or feed.

hakisumi

i did give jin feng san.. when graham got a green vein ard the nose bridge..
gave aldy no more...
i m quite ok w these stuffs.. anyway not everyday give..lol... :)

TANZHENZHI

It's useful as my MIL use it on my son everyday. We feed him since birth. Starting only a fingertip, now one teaspoon. During his teething time at least not so cranky. :)

TANZHENZHI

just now i managed to scroll back past post and saw a mummy mentioned dentinox, quickly went down to watson to buy it. Also put the teether ring in the freezer to chill. Came back home, i tried to let dear son chew on the teether, he seem to like it, thn fed him gripe water (he loves it alot and seem to help to soothe his gum itchiness), thn try to apply the gel on his gum. I find it very difficult to apply on his gum since he kept struggling n crying n his tongue keep moving n figeting.. though i think i did apply on his upper n lower gum but i was wondering since he kept licking/sucking, will it went off before it take effect? Anyway, after i applied he still cry like hell, so i fed him gripe water till he KO.. Sigh. i am just puzzled if dear son is teething, how come he didnt drool like most babies ?
My son also didn't drool while teething. Usually after my son bath, my MIL will rub his gum with 'ba bao san'. He like it. For 'Jin Feng San' we give him before he sleep. Becos my hubby sister likes to play with him very rough every night before he slp then he will like get nightmares at night. So after he eat the Jin Feng San, he won't get a fright. It works. I been giving him since birth. :)

joeyz

Thanks mummies for all your tips and advices.

I will go check out the jin feng san, no harm giving dear son esp lately i noticed if i raised my voice (a little) to call out my hubby when i am holding him, he will hv a fright n stumble. geeee