Hong Kong!

EnFlor

thanks for sharing your pics serenelm. Nice hotel room.

At least now i know it will be ok to bring my young kids there. Ok, now it will be decision making time - to go HK disney or to go elsewhere and when ....emmmm

serenelm

if u're planning to go end Nov/Dec period, disneyland will be very nice cos it's all decorated in winter wonderland theme... tink kids will love it... i wld dearly love to go again but tink my dh will "kill" me or "faint" when he hears tis... hahaha :p

SH74

i'll be going hk this sun till next sat. winter wonderland theme ah? sounds nice but i'll b doing sightseeing all by myself 'cause hb will b bz thru the whole trip (he's there for biz trip). going disneyland alone, quite sad. hahaha... :D want take pics also diffi.

think will go some other time, mayb when my boy is much older.

Cheyenne

Hi,
I'm going on the 2nd week of Dec and have to 2 questions to ask :
- Anyone know of the Espirt outlet shop near Hua Yuan Gai (Flower Market Street). My colleagues bought some nice stuff there, but she couldn't remember which street/direction in details.

- I'm also planning to visit Macau for a day, but not sure whihc ferry terminal to go. My hotel will be at Hong Kong island, near the IFC.

Thanks for all your tips.

baby_pregnancy

Will plan to go HK-Disney with my 2-1/2 daughter , but dont known suitable to bring her go !, Does any mummy hv experiance to bring your bb been b4 ? pls give me some tips , tks

veronica

Hi,
- Anyone know of the Espirt outlet shop near Hua Yuan Gai (Flower Market Street). My colleagues bought some nice stuff there, but she couldn't remember which street/direction in details.

- I'm also planning to visit Macau for a day, but not sure whihc ferry terminal to go. My hotel will be at Hong Kong island, near the IFC.

Cant remember where but personally i find in HKG, Espirt outlet is everywhere...If i recall correctly, there is one opp Holiday Inn Golden Mile (cant remember the exact building though)

For Macau, there is one ferry terminal at SHun tak in HKG side and one at Royal pacific in Kowloon.

SH74

Hi,

i just came back fr HK. get the maps fr HK airport. v useful. i use them to plan my iterinary. i travel on my own thru out my 6 days. nv get lost. managed to get home in 1 piece. this shows how useful the maps n brochures n booklets r.

hua yuen gai i think is at ladies street that side. alight at mong kok. but like wat veronica said, epirit outlets r everywhere.

y not go to citygate outlets instead? got epirit outlet there n also other outlets. it's a shopping mall. it's at lantau island. near airport n disney.

i also went macau. when u get the ferry ticket, try to get tickets to n back (unless u gg to stay in macau overnight). 'cause u may not b able to get tickets back at nite when all the 'gamblers' want to go back to HK island.

i stayed in wan chai that time. took the MTR to shang4 huan2. jus follow the sign to the shopping centre. think it's on L3. can buy tickets fr there then board there also. can use VISA to buy tickets also. n REMEMBER TO BRING UR PASSPORT.

once u reach the other side, walk out to the bus stop. they hv a info counter. get the map fr there. ask the gals there for directions, which bus to take to where, how much is the fare,... oh ya... REMEMBER TO PREPARE SOME COINS for bus fare. quite easy n safe.

Last edited:

SH74

Will plan to go HK-Disney with my 2-1/2 daughter , but dont known suitable to bring her go !, Does any mummy hv experiance to bring your bb been b4 ? pls give me some tips , tks
i didnt go into HK disney since i'm alone. v boring going there alone. but i did take the train there to c. hahaha... :D

i think shld b suitable for 2+ yo kids since no need to use stroller anymore.

casa7188

i went to HK with my 2 boys:we2Randy-git:(3 yrs and 5 yrs) early of this year, we went to disneyland and ocean park. I found that HK MTR is not user-friendly for pram/stroller at all, most of the station do not have escalator and lift, hence you have to carry the stroller/pram up and down the stair, it is advisable to bring a simple and light weight stroller (i recommend those "umbrella" type, easily fold and light to carry). U can rent stroller in Disneyland, i'm not sure how much the rental, as i brought my own stroller.

I'll be going HK again next year early Febraury:Dancing_tongue:, already booked my flight and hotel. I found a new hotel next to the HK airport -- Marriott Sky City Hotel, which will open only in DEC 08, i booked with very cheap price in expedia.com -- USD256 for 3 nite, which is much cheaper than the two hotels in disneylands(i stayed in Hollywood hotel in my Jan08 trip). The hotels also have 2X double beds room, can accomodate upto 4 people. The hotel is connected to Sky City shopping mall, good place to stay for you to go to Disneyland, Ngong ping 360, and also CityGate wholesales.

I have also booked another hotel in TST HK - Hotel Panorama by RHombus - USD 325 for 3 nite, and this hotel also have rooms with 2X double beds.

P/S: I have a discount code for expedia.com FAN50 - for hotel booking 3 nite and above will have USD50 :Dancing_wub:discount, the discount is per booking, hence if you would like to book for more than 1 room, please make a few booking (that's what i did, so i booked 3 rooms, and save me USD300:001_302: for 2 hotels).

ANother discount for orbitz.com - 4ODWR75, 75USD discount per room for 4 nite and above. So, this discount code allow you to book multiple rooms in one booking, as the discount code is per room.

Hope the above discount code will help you to save some money.

karenewtan

What is the best month to go Hong Kong, with nice weather (not too sunny and hot, got enough of this in Singapore...) and short queues at Disneyland ? I heard June is good, no queues at Disney but how's the weather...? Besides Disney and Ocean park, what other attractions for kids ? And, where to go for great dim sum and roast goose ?