House mthly repayment

stonston

now got so many rules, i also very blur. but i noe if u wanna put ur OA money in FD or investments, first $20k cannot touch.

J

justforgags

I'm staying in Punggol now and my monthly installment is $590 via CPF (4 room premium flat).
I booked my place 3yrs ago under BTO and received the keys in Feb this your.

Me and husband only started work for a few yrs and our CPF savings is not alot. But after deduction, our loan amount spread over 25yrs is $590. If spread over 30yrs is around $500, but we rather quickly pay off.

In terms of cash we spent $23k to reno and buy furniture/electrical appliances for the house. It can be more budget if you choose not to buy certain items or buy smaller/cheaper brands.

If you want, you can try WIS. some are ready flats, some are ongoing projects. Or you can wait for the next BTO, which should be launching soon since HDB wants to build up punggol asap :)
$590 .. hehe .. stonston i bet your cpf compare to me is quite alot(no offence) coz mine is reli less ke lian now im stay at home mum .. somemore you combine wif your hubby so shld b no problem for 25yrs repayment .. I guess must see how much the house cost , how much justforgags & her hubby cpf savings have then can calculate her monthly installment :001_302:

Yes if you can wait then go for BTO , i just select my fav unit today ..
Congrats on ur new flat!!

Mine's top floor, no grant. It's our first flat from HDB thru BTO. waited 3 yrs for it to build. near MRT and got shops within our cluster (at our MSCP).

the onli bad part was the waiting part. but we booked the flat 6mths before our wedding, so the wait was not that bad. plus we rented a place after we got married :)

btw, mine's a 4rm premium flat :)
actualli all you need to calculate if you can afford a flat:
- current income (then go CPF website calculate how much you contribute to your CPF OA monthly)
- current balance in Ordinary Acct
- how much cash you have to spare for house related expenses (utilities, internet, property tax, tv/radio license, conservency charges, etc). for me it's around $400 just for the basic stuff. have not add reno, buy furniture and appliances, etc etc. and if you live alone, you gotta buy groceries also, my grocery bill not very big cos we eat at my parents' plc during weekdays.

if cant afford to buy bigger house now, then maybe can get a 3rm flat first. next time then upgrade. i tink it's always better to have your own place :)
Thx stonston for sharing.. Now i can picture my situation liao=) Me blur sotong n dont know who to ask for a detailed answer or situation=) Many thx there!

stonston

justforgags, no prob :)
cos many ppl dunno the actual costs in getting a house other than the installments. in reality, there's much more to tt! i hv frens who tot they can afford bigger house, so use cash for the installment (cos their CPF not enuf), end up in alot of debt which is not healthy.

Plan well and hope u'll enjoy having ur own home soon!

btw, if u need more info, can PM me if u dun wanna reveal much openly in forum :)

J

justforgags

justforgags, no prob :)
cos many ppl dont know the actual costs in getting a house other than the installments. in reality, there's much more to that! i have friends who thought they can afford bigger house, so use cash for the installment (cos their CPF not enuf), end up in alot of debt which is not healthy.

Plan well and hope you'll enjoy having your own home soon!

btw, if you need more info, can PM me if you dont wanna reveal much openly in forum :)

Thx thx for the gr8 info n sure will ask again if im in doubt:wink:

++eLaiNe++

our 3 room flat in marsiling already $600 to nearly $700 already..
it's a resale flat..
so punggol abit hard to get so cheap as u stated..

but u can slowly try yr luck in searching..

for me we oso tried searching abt 2 weeks b4 we reali get a house which is within our budget...:Dancing_wub:

stonston

For punggol it's possible if u get mid or low floor.

i happen to see a flyer at my doorstep today, resale flat, 7th floor, 4rm, fully renovated, valuation is $280k. if u n hb hv been working for at least 3-4 yrs with regular CPF contrubution, u should be able to afford it with $600 installments spread over 30yrs :)

elaine, mature estate like marsiling cannot compare with new estates like punggol.
my cousin's 4rm flat in AMK, not near MRT at all, 9th floor, valuation already $280k (this was 3yrs back, at the same time i bought my punggol flat which is top floor and 5 min walk from MRT for $200k only). :)

stonston

Still got WIS i tink, but they'll announce when to go get queue no.
cos i got new neighbours who jus collected keys, told us they got their unit this yr via WIS :)

J

justforgags

For punggol it's possible if you get mid or low floor.

i happen to see a flyer at my doorstep today, resale flat, 7th floor, 4rm, fully renovated, valuation is $280k. if you and husband have been working for at least 3-4 yrs with regular CPF contrubution, you should be able to afford it with $600 installments spread over 30yrs :)

elaine, mature estate like marsiling cannot compare with new estates like punggol.
my cousin's 4rm flat in AMK, not near MRT at all, 9th floor, valuation already $280k (this was 3yrs back, at the same time i bought my punggol flat which is top floor and 5 min walk from MRT for $200k only). :)
I've tried looking out for resale flats in punggol n all the price are like $320k abv.. :eek: Think im gonna stay wit my mum till thr is another BTO in punggol.. Im dying staying with my mum very naggy:wong21:

stonston

Justforgags, most of the prices high bcos their houses nicely renovated. is in move in condition. if u buy in an old old estate, can be worse cos u need to spend alot of time, effort and money on reno.

You looking for 4 room and bigger? If you looking for smaller units like 3 room, HDB just launched some units, can try your luck :) brand new units, prices cheap and near MRT :)

I manage to get a 3rm resale at chong pang on 03.09 @ price of $183k (now reaches to $210k) I only used single grant and i need to pay bout $580 per month untill my wife got PR, then i can go top up my grant(1st timer + low income) - (11k Single grant). After calculation, my monthly installment will be less then $370 per month of 30 years.

That's my rough guide for you. For more info, can pm me and i try to get back to you a.s.a.p

stonston

I tot once you confirm purchase, whatever grants will be given based on time of purchase? which means there's no 'top up' grant? Unless ur wife gets her PR before you confirm the purchase of the flat (but documents need to be submitted early).

I thought once you confirm purchase, whatever grants will be given based on time of purchase? which means there's no 'top up' grant? Unless your wife gets her PR before you confirm the purchase of the flat (but documents need to be submitted early).
There's such thing called "top up grant". A lot of couple are like me. Either party is not PR at least whereby can only use single grant when buying flat. When the party got PR,the top up grant form must be submitted within 6 month when he/she got PR. That's what we call top up grant. Top up grant consist of

(1st timer or near parent + low income not earning more then $5k - single grant $11k )

PinkDiamonds

Hubby & I paying about $800+ per month for our 4 room flat in Tampines. It's a resale flat but bought directly from HDB. It's those balloting exercises where they offer older flats for sale. It's a model 4A & 114sqm if I'm not wrong.

We did not get any grant, except for a additional housing grant of $15k which is for couples whose combined income is not more than 4k. We also didn't have much money in our CPF to begin with.

When we applied for the ballot, there was quite a number of flats available at Punggol/Sengkang area. If you buy during the balloting, obviously will be a lot cheaper than when you go and hunt for resale flat on your own. Also, the flats are usually already available, meaning you can move in within half a year.

But I think it also depends on your luck . First time we applied for 3rm balloting, got a very far behind queue number, by the time reach our turn no more flats we wanted. & we used first timer hoping to get a chance. But I think we didn't get a good queue number because that exercise was more for the really low income groups.

The second time we applied is the 4rms and bigger balloting. Managed to get a number of 100+, so by the time it's our turn we got our second choice flat (first choice taken up by a couple a few numbers ahead only!).

Do note that if you go for 2 balloting exercises as first timer, but did not use the chance, you will not be given priority on your third attempt.

Can't remember the prices listed for the Punggol area though. If I didn't recall wrongly, when we saw Sengkang/Punggol area flat prices, their 3rms/4rms were more expensive than ours, despite having smaller area sizes.

Last edited:

stonston

There's such thing called "top up grant". A lot of couple are like me. Either party is not PR at least whereby can only use single grant when buying flat. When the party got PR,the top up grant form must be submitted within 6 month when he/she got PR. That's what we call top up grant. Top up grant consist of

(1st timer or near parent + low income not earning more then $5k - single grant $11k )
So it's only applicable for those non-PR become PR?
Means must be HDB loan? Else bank will charge admin fees to readjust the loan right?

Becoz i m only 30. I able to buy this flat becoz i m married. Let said if my wife got pr before buying, i'll straight got full grant. But as she is not pr yet, that's why will able to get top up grant. Pink - Reason why you only got low income grant is becoz you buy straight from HDB and not seller. That's why you do not get 1st timer or near parent (additional 30 - 40k)

PinkDiamonds

Becoz i m only 30. I able to buy this flat becoz i m married. Let said if my wife got pr before buying, i'll straight got full grant. But as she is not pr yet, that's why will able to get top up grant. Pink - Reason why you only got low income grant is becoz you buy straight from HDB and not seller. That's why you do not get 1st timer or near parent (additional 30 - 40k)
Yep, because buy from HDB already got "discount" so not applicable for other grants. :D

At that time HDB market was booming, and we couldn't afford to pay cash if we get resale flat. & so we decided to try our luck with HDB balloting, and got it. :D

For me, i got this 3room for 888 cash. A bit of token to the nice seller as for luck. They know my situation so just bargain to this amount.