House Warming a must ?

shopaholic

I didnt hv a house warming, so no, not a must for us. The first thing I think of is the amount of cleaning up I hv to do after the guests hv left! :p Also, we hv to spend $$ to organise a party and guests also hv to spend $$ to get gifts. I rather not hv one.

I didnt have a house warming, so no, not a must for us. The first thing I think of is the amount of cleaning up I have to do after the guests have left! :p Also, we have to spend $$ to organise a party and guests also have to spend $$ to get gifts. I rather not have one.
ya lor, that what i also think, i don't want guess have to spend $$ to get gifts, i rather quietly move and get some simple blessing from priest next week. :)

Ting

we only had a hse warming once in my old hse, n it was my aunt who suggested it. :p
my mum doesnt like to hv hse warming cos: incurr extra expenses. and she hv to clean up the mess after everyone leaves. i believe it is not abt tradition, cos my mum is a buddhist herself and she doesnt even want it.

CanCanMum

yesh actually i m a berri lazy person, finding excuses actually is becoz we lazy to clean up after everyone leaves lOlssssss:shyxxx:

Renzie

I don't like organising parties at my place...the hassle of cleaning up the whole place before and after the event...is very very tiring. lol.Even for my upcoming place at punggol, I have decided against house warming already, lol. luckily parents support me in that decision. And I'm too lazy to entertain guests. =p

residentmumi

I dont't like organising parties at my place...the hassle of cleaning up the whole place before and after the event...is very very tiring. lol.Even for my upcoming place at punggol, I have decided against house warming already, lol. luckily parents support me in that decision. And I'm too lazy to entertain guests. =p
I can't imagine going through the guests list, the food & beverage, the entertaining, the "questioning" (where you buy this furniture, paint....blah....blah etc....), the mess....and whatever that is "ever" coming up:err:

I think I will faint:001_302:

spottycow

Not necessary. But I do like parties. They give us an excuse to meet and catch up with friends.

So for me, being able to see all my friends makes it all worth while in organizing the party.

Renzie

lol. I think for everyone is different. I like parties...just not at my place. haha. Because I can never enjoy my parties in peace...as I'll go running after people, cleaning up after them, making sure that they have drinks/food or at least know where to get them, actually making sure everyone is enjoying themselves, til I forget to enjoy myself. lol.