how do u breastfeed calm n steadily??

felicity

Yup I think it's better to get professional help from LC if no solution... Last time when my milk supply just came in and had engorgement until hard n painful, my massage lady helped me massage until they soften... Can tell u it seriously hurts like hell!! That coming from me who pushed w no epidural... It hurt just so so soooo bad as she pressed and pushed with a lot of strength.. Has to clench teeth n let it pass cos after that things get better... Jiayou!!!

My bb feeding every 1-2 hrs most of the time until recent two days (she's 10 weeks old today, oh how time flies!!!) some feeding still 1-2 hrs apart some stretching to 3 hrs... She's like on constant growth spurt ><

I guess just continue to latch when she wants, maybe be growth spurt. And grow spurt is to help mother increase milk supply because increase in demand is likely to bring about increase in supply if nothing goes wrong :)

My baby today starts her week 6. I read before that the magic numbers are 3,6,9. meaning week 3, 6, 9 and mth 3, 6, 9 are the growth spurt periods. so i am really crossing my fingers that is growth spurt. i hv been doing block feeding meaning every 3 hours only offer one breast cos i had oversupply. so i m scared the block feeding greatly reduced my supply and hence baby keep wanting more! she started drinking 2 hourly on 2 breasts since yesterday 8pm. i m monitoring and see how first.

Thanks ladies. I don't dare touch my left breast I just cannot bear the pain :(. Didn't pump didn't latch bb I am so tired I slept and slept now on way see gp.

I still feel let downs but my pain threshold is just too low. I know my supply will drop but I am just too discouraged now. See how the gp appt go.

Confirmed mastitis given antibiotics. Hubby told me not to suffer anymore as long as bb is healthy that's most important. My baby is IVF baby (super previous) and as much as I desire to bf it's too challenging. Just so tired out. I will take my medications and see how things go. Meanwhile I just need a good sleep. Thanks ladies!

felicity

Oh dear... Take care, rest well and hope you get well soon! It's ok whether bm or fm.. Anything for ur precious baby, most important is mummy is well to take care of little precious!! :)

Hi I read that u hav a milk blister, I happen to hav one too. Is it safe to continue to breastfeed ?
Yes I started using hot towel these few days ESP at night, cos its so comfy n I can feel a bit let down with the hot towel. But I never massage, just put hot towel on breasts. Maybe I should. Aso wipe breasts n nipples to keep them clean cos I got a milk blister few days ago. Every evening bring whole BFg basket into bedroom every morning bring out basket...

my cf lady is very good though she says that take dummy is good. She cooks well n takes care of baby well too. I really am happy to have her around. She's like my mum haha.. But she doesn't do most housework though but I am not complaining.

N how to get rid of milk blister. I m really scare it will have infection n not good for baby to latch.
N thanks so much cos I feel this thread really helps.

It is safe to bf when u hv milk blister. Either prick it with sterile needle or leave for baby to suck. My baby broke one milk blister n vomited blood cos my blister had blood. But is safe according to my pd.

mummyto2, I think u hv already done your best. These few weeks seeing your posts, I can see tat u already tried your very best in giving your baby the best. If this is wearing u out n making the caring baby process a burden, it is really ok to let go n gv fm. Many fm babies grow up to b very healthy too. As long as u n baby are happy, tats more impt. We r all behind u. Watever decision u make, is going to b the best for u n baby. Jia you Jia you!

U can get a lactation consultant to prick for u. If I n not wrong, all hospital have Lc n they are all very helpful. Not so sure if they will charge u to do tat. Wheb i was in hospital after delivering, the Lc came n helped me prick one blister at no charge.Not So sure if gp would do for u although they shd b able to

Morning! Had the best night sleep last night. All my horrible body and joint aches finally subsided. Mastitis is horrendous! Felt so dead yesterday. At least now the infection is under control.

Last nite bb looked for me so I nursed him on right boob and he slept. This morning too he already 120ml formula still woke up to cry and I let him drink from right side. He burped! First time drank my BM and burped!

Gp says when my nipple heals can let him suck the left boob. I am trying now while typing...gritting my teeth now. I hope he can suck all the milk out cos that boob is now hard and bigger than the right.

Q : if that boob is now hard and bb still can latch on, is it poss he draw out milk ok?

Q : if I nurse him on right, will both breasts fill or will only right boob be filled with milk later. I hope by him sucking on right my body won't make more on left else more engorged there. But GP says both will fill even if he only sucks on right. Can tell me if its true?

Q: if I don't massage don't let bb drink just take medication will the milk in boob just go away?

wobbly, I had three blisters so far but two of them resolve with a boiled needle. But the last one was troublesome and even after I tried to resolve it, my left breast got infected as the duct was plugged and I got mastitis. It's nitemare!

rachelling, but if we keep getting blisters we can't be running back to LC all the time just for that right?

Dr says try avoid fatty foods cos it can cause milk to be more oily and cause plugged ducts.

i don't know how my supply will be now but I just want to resolve the hard boob for now.

Mummyto2, nice to hear you got a good rest! you sound better too!

Q : if that boob is now hard and bb still can latch on, is it poss he draw out milk ok?
He can suck out the milk. actually it is recommended that baby help to suckle cos their sucking power is strong and can help you clear the block ducts. doc gave you an antibiotics which is safe for bf hor?

Q : if I nurse him on right, will both breasts fill or will only right boob be filled with milk later. I hope by him sucking on right my body won't make more on left else more engorged there. But GP says both will fill even if he only sucks on right. Can tell me if its true?

if feed on rt, rt boob will clear faster so, it will refill faster. but your left boob is not emptied so, tho it will refill, it will refill at slower rate. So in the long term, if the rate of refill in left breast is this slow, your supply on your left boob will be affected. that is why it is impt to quickly clear the blocks so that the supply will not be affected too much

Q: if I don't massage don't let bb drink just take medication will the milk in boob just go away?

this one i m not too sure but if you dun clear it, where will the milk go?that time when i had blocked ducts, i pressed and massaged everyday till the blocks are gone. the antibiotics is for the infection and not for clearing the ducts.

rachelling, but if we keep getting blisters we can't be running back to LC all the time just for that right?

actually, the blister prob will get better as time goes. at start we keep getting blister cos of the improper latching and baby mouth and the nipple has friction so causing the blister. so as time goes, the latching should get better and you shd get less blister. if you dare and know how to prick the blister, you can do yourself. it seems easy but i dun dare to do. i have one blister and it has been there for 2 weeks plus. not affecting me in any way and i dun dare to prick. Next week seeing gynae and i'll drop by the LC to ask them prick for me. haha

Dr says try avoid fatty foods cos it can cause milk to be more oily and cause plugged ducts.
first time i heard of this! really? ok then i must take care of my diet!

i don't know how my supply will be now but I just want to resolve the hard boob for now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks thanks thanks!

yes the antibiotic she says ok for lactation.

i let him suck but he doesn't seem to get much out. Boob is harder and bigger than right one but he seems to get more from right.

cf lady asked is it ok to let bb suck on left boob since it has mastitis. From what u say n wat GP says, it is yes?

i read that it is painful when bb sucks on nipple with milk blister so once I get it I never dare let bb suck until I resolve it. I am coward lol.

Mastitis | Ask Dr. Sears®

Dr sears said can bf the affected boob. in fact you should drain the boob else the milk get stuck and get infected more. if is painful to latch, pump out. while pumping, press the hard areas to make the milk flow out. You may want to use hot compression to open the ducts bigger so that milk can flow before you latch /pump. easier for the milk to flow out.

After I have the milk blister on my right breast , I can't pump much milk out. Is milk blister consider block duct? I'm confused n struggling with breast feeding. Kinda sad cos aft 11 days of latching, I can only pump 60-80ml for both. Which is quite little cos my bb is drinking 70-80 ml now every 3 hrs :( how can I increase the milk supply :"(

Rodorsany, I tried to ask my hubby to suck for me when I had blocked ducts but he refused. He said he din wan the image n purpose of the boob to him changed. HaGaga

wobblymummy, milk blister are found on the nipple. Cos of the milk blister, milk can't flow out properly as the blister blocked the so called exit at the nipple. So when there is a block, milk get stuck inside the ducts , causing blocked ducts. Your 60-80ml output is after how many hours?

One last method... Ask ur hubby to suck it... Men got better strength then bb... Will clear engorgement
Alamak, think the thought of it will make him puke lol.

i managed to hand express just now in the evening when my boob wasn't so painful.

haiz, slept another night wo latching bb and expressing. But not feeling worried. Guess I am learning to let go.

I know if I wan to restart bfg it will be hard work again. Even harder work this time.

Just now cf lady told hubby second tin of formula is finishing. He went har? So fast? Haha...I told him if only bfg is successful he would save lots...so funny he asked me to quickly remove the plugged milk like wan me to start bfg again to save costs...so funny...

After I have the milk blister on my right breast , I can't pump much milk out. Is milk blister consider block duct? I'm confused n struggling with breast feeding. Kinda sad cos aft 11 days of latching, I can only pump 60-80ml for both. Which is quite little cos my bb is drinking 70-80 ml now every 3 hrs :( how can I increase the milk supply :"(
60-80ml is so good. My max only 20ml ok? Milk blister must resolve cos that was the one that caused my plugged duct and then mastitis. You really don't want to get mastitis, it's a killer. I felt like dying! But the first two I resolved, last one didn't and I fell sick. Don't ask me how I resolve cos I ended up having infection. Best ask a professional like LC or GP how to.