how do u breastfeed calm n steadily??

After I have the milk blister on my right breast , I can't pump much milk out. Is milk blister consider block duct? I'm confused n struggling with breast feeding. Kinda sad cos aft 11 days of latching, I can only pump 60-80ml for both. Which is quite little cos my bb is drinking 70-80 ml now every 3 hrs :( how can I increase the milk supply :"(
yes after I had the milk blister that didn't go away I couldn't pump out much so get it resolved!!!

Rodorsany, I tried to ask my hubby to suck for me when I had blocked ducts but he refused. He said he din wan the image n purpose of the boob to him changed. HaGaga

wobblymummy, milk blister are found on the nipple. Cos of the milk blister, milk can't flow out properly as the blister blocked the so called exit at the nipple. So when there is a block, milk get stuck inside the ducts , causing blocked ducts. Your 60-80ml output is after how many hours?
Is every 3 hrs.. Does fenugreek help in boosting the milk flow???
I'm so afraid that my right boobs will get infection. Guess I going see doctor on Monday :(

Finally I was able to squeeze out milk from left side last night. And I pumped this morning and not painful anymore! Hallelujah!!! Was worried my boob gets abscess must cut off!!! LC says can get cottage cheese when squeezed I almost fainted. Thank god milk came out instead.

Wow not sure bubs having growth spurt he is not happy drinking 90ml 3hrly. He's so hungry! He can be crying for milk at 2-2.5hrs. And sometimes after giving 90ml, he wants more a bit later and cf lady will make another 30ml for him.

3 weeks drink 120ml? Ok?

it's ok to drink 120ml, allow them to drink to their content:) they will stop if they are hungry. sometimes they might even reduce their intake, no worries on this.

felicity

3 weeks could be a growth spurt :) just let your darling drink till happy! N good news that it's no longer painful n u pumped out milk :D

Congrats mummy2twosoon... Hope my blister can be resolved ... I dare not hand express it out .7.. If so painful :(
Just hope it recovers soon...

msck

heyhey! how's everyone?! my darling girl was abit flu-ish past few days. worried me BIG time.

abit running nose, dry cough. and i din bring her to see doctors. my fren told me that bb less than 6 mths, pd will try not to issue medicine. so i just fed her very frequently. like 2-3 hours. thank god she's all ok now! you all take care too! the weather is crazy! sometimes hot, sometimes cold!

and hey! mummy2Twosoon, how are you?! better?

wobblymummy, try to massage the breasts with very hot towel! it will be less painful as you will be more focus on the heat.

I am recovering. Feeling ok.

Hubby is suddenly very supportive about bfg but when he sees bb needing to drink so often he will says, just give formula. Then when I ask so what do you want? He will go no no no whatever you want...

i am back pumping and latching bb on. Pump left side don't dare let him latch on for now. Pump and latch right side.

paeditrician friend says antibiotic will lower supply, plus I was lazing around not working hard last few days. So now back working hard. Giving myself say a week to see if supply improves else will probably quit. Left side, which is the mastitis side can hardly pump out any milk.

Just now suddenly had bad engorgement as baby did not feed on my left boob during the last feed. So left boob was extremely hard.i did a little hand express before latching her. She was very cranky. She did clear the engorgement but she was extremely irritated. I think cos the flow was very fast n forceful.managed to coax her n she zzz. I was clearly panicky n dunno how to bf calmly. Everywhere is messy cos of milk squirts just now.
Sometimes I just feel like giving up latching b do exclusive pumping. Then I won't hv prob with engorgement, milk squirts, having to b constantly ard baby etc.

now my rt boob starting to engorge cos she din feed on this boob. Argh I n just getting so frustrated!!!!!!

msck

Ya... Know wat u mean. It pains me when i see her choked becos of my milk....

But rachelleling, try lying down position when feeding. I found tt the flow is slower n bb position more fixed as both ly down. She doesnt fidget as much compared to when i carry her n feed. Not so hot also..

N for me, whenever my boobs are engorged, i will pump out as much, say 50-80ml before feeding. Cos wgen engorged, the pressure build up inside is very high. Milk will still squirt n its not let down! Let down even more scary. Milk jyst keep flowing n flowing, bb will choke, cough n cry.. N if it happens, i will use towel cover my breast n try to squeeze out some mill until letdown passed while try to pacify her....

felicity

I'm engorged now too n nowadays she only want to feed on one side per feed.. But can feed every hour.. Good thing is she sleeps thru the night but I always wake up super engorged and she will only take one side when she wakes up, more than 8 hrs after her last feed!!

And she fusses more when I tried latching lying down.. Sigh. I tot can rest n let her latch till slp n I can slp too but seldom she's fine latching lying down.. A lot of times she becomes v fussy and cries until I latch her cradling her again :/

Last edited:
Just now, I was engorged again. Think yest eat the spaghetti got cheese. I think I reacted towards the cheese. Lucky just now I roughly anticipated her feeding time n hand expressed out a little before latching her.

Msck, u always latch lying Down? My Fren suggested doing tat at night but I worry later she anytime at night wan to latch n won't zzz thru properly.

I still can't imagine how to feed lying down! Will it b messy as on milk drop to side?

msck

Ya. I have been feeding her lying down for 2 weeks. I put a nappy cloth as a pillow n then i put another smalll towel over bb's shoulder n feed her. She still sleep very well leh. Yesterday 1130 till 7am.

And yes, i feed her lying down every meal. Cos previous weeks were very hot! My bb sweat alot when i cradle her to drink. Then i was very tired one of the morning, so i tried. Worked well! N now every time i put her on bed, she will smile. N when i put a towel over her shoulder, she will squeal, kick, mouth keep moving. Very excited look. Haha...

U can google online how it looks like. Bb lie there. I put a pillow beside her n i lie on the pillow. She just tite her head to drink. Then my head rest on another cushion.

Wow...the other day when I felt engorgement it was very painful. I can imagine it to be much worse for you ladies. Let down is painful too like millions pins n needles pricking boobs. BFg is very painful.

rach, how come bb latch will cause engirgement but not pump? I am still trying to understand this BFg thing.

felicityi read of mums feeding just one side only and then the other boob will auto dry up. But end up lop-sized boobs.

ok. i'll try and see how. but then now i find tht she gets irritated when she wants to suckle for comfort and milk comes out. think she just wan comfort at times and not milk but seems like i always have milk flowing out.... i am so tempted to give the "tutu" but then i dun wan!!

mummyto2, sometimes when bb latch, she din empty the boobs and then cos milk kept producing but never empty, you get engorgement. but then if this happens many times, the boobs will auto register that no need to produce so much milk cos baby cannot finish. so will produce less milk. that is the beauty of baby latching cos the latch will tell the body how much milk to produce.

for pumping, usu we will empty the breasts and then, pump again before engorgement takes place .so usu if you miss/delay a pump, you will also get engorgement. if not, no engorgement.

but then, sometimes, a change in diet will cause engorgement. like i think yest the cheese make me produce more milk so body produced more milk than what is needed. thus, engorged.

bf is a very beautiful and interesting concept. I am also learning how it works. as day pass, i am just awed by how mother nature put things so nicely into places!

msck

hmmm... i let her suck her own hand. haha... but then again, my bb is only 3 mth. so it's ok i think. let her coordinate her hand to her mouth. hahahaha

and, sometimes, i do use pacifier at night. cos she can lie there comfortably for 30 min!! no milk already still happily lie there. so i have to stop her and carry her. then she will suck on her sleeves, her clothes until very wet!!!